It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nurse Under Ebola Quarantine Criticizes Her Treatment

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Do you honestly believe she wasn't told and didn't know? I don't.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Dupe.
edit on 10/26/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity
Not for a minute.
I believe she was told what was happening-- and she heard what she wanted to hear. Or the facts didn't fit her schedule. Or maybe she couldn't hear because she was busy complaining/yelling/pitching a hissy fit?

edit on 26-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2014 by drwill because: keep thinking of stuff to add

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SilverStarGazer
But the public has only heard her version.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill
Yep.

And to the people saying, why is she in quarantine...she is not showing any symptoms. Duh...this is exactly what quarantine is FOR. To make sure they DON'T show any symptoms for 21 days.

Maybe the WHO/CDC/DWB and big mouth opponents of this who apparently have no CLUE as to what a quarantine is for criticizing this bold move by the states should find a tropical island and fly all the do-gooder volunteers coming back there for the quarantine period and greet them with leis and umbrella drinks.

Maybe that is where they will get to eventually. For now...at least they are trying.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: SilverStarGazer
But the public has only heard her version.

Right. HER version. Of course she doesn't like it or being the first. Risk assumed on her part.

And those opposing this for their various agendas are right on it using her complaints as an excuse to NOT do this?

No. That should not be allowed to happen. IMPROVE the situation...don't stop the quarantines.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
From what I have observed about Ebola in America, it seems as if the rules (self-monitoring/voluntary quarantine) don't apply to those who may or may not have been infected--in other words, the potentially infected choose to do as they please. Magical thinking takes hold, and they believe that illness won't befall them. It's public record that one nurse and a DWB physician mingled with the public in the disease's gray-period -- and were later diagnosed with Ebola. I don't understand this behavior. Is it just unpopular and inconvenient to take precautions?

edit on 26-10-2014 by drwill because: not enuff coffee

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

This is going to lead to other nurses and doctors either attempted to hide their condition or people being quiet about it...someone gets flu like symptoms then doesn't pipe up until they are really sick.

We gotta give better treatment for these people...no reason not to...just shows once again we have no preparations in place.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

And who is to say it wouldn't lead there anyway? And what's the alternative? Let them roam around? No.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock
But, as Dr. Spock might say, "That's illogical."
Why would anyone, especially a HCW, duck and cover? Their lives are dedicated to helping others. Doesn't that include protecting others from your (I don't mean you--I mean HCW) own potentially infected body fluids? A HCW's world view is to prevent suffering, to aid those in need, and to halt the spread of infection.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Im not against being quarantined...it should happen...but we can feed them lol

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker
As with many posters, I agree that this whiner probably needs to put on her big girl panties and cope. She came from an Ebola plague area and didn't know why she was being detained? If she is that stupid, she should have her nursing license shredded while she watches. As to suffering mightily with only a granola bar and water, what was her stay in Africa like? Catered five-star restaurant meals three times a day and hors d'oeuvres? Certainly, a new policy dropped on the worker bees by 'big picture' thinkers takes a while to sort out. Deal with it, medical hero.
As to the lawsuit by ACLU, perhaps they would like Nurse Nancy to volunteer in their national office for the next 21 days and administer first aid, flu shots, and give physical exams. Sharing the coffee mugs shouldn't be a problem either, after all, we wouldn't want her civil 'rights' to be trampled on. She does have a right to be an arrogant, clueless, health professional who, because of her exalted status, is immune to all disease and may ignore all rules trying to protect the population from idiots like her. She has a right to spread Ebola so as not to be inconvenienced.
I'll bet that there are more than a few people who would volunteer to spice up her quarantine with an hourly boot in the butt to help adjust her attitude.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

Wow. Nailed it!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
She's still whining. Video here.

Quarantined nurse to CNN: 'My basic human rights' are being violate

And if she runs around and gets more people sick, so are theirs. This goes beyond someone's rights for a second.

I'm calling this as she's definitely got an agenda here.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It doesn't bother me that she was quarantined. With how many healthcare works have been getting exposed to it there is obviously a protocol issue or something they don't know. If you go over there to help you had better be ready for this kind of scrutiny. As far as treated like a criminal well you potentially are one, at least in my opinion; had Duncan not died he should have been charged for all those he placed in jeopardy. People seem to think this is not a big deal but it is, a 60% kill rate is not something to joke around with.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Actually, more like 70%. These early few in the U.S. who are getting it (if they are really getting it...cough), are lucky as resources are readily available. If it gets anymore out of control, as in if we don't stop them before they come in, good samaritans or not, this will not be the case.

But I'm sure by then they'll have those millions of doses of vaccine for all the fearful people ready for us to consume.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

From your link:

Kaci Hickox, a nurse placed under mandatory quarantine in New Jersey, went on CNN on Sunday and criticized the "knee-jerk reaction by politicians" to Ebola, saying "to quarantine someone without a better plan in place, without more forethought, is just preposterous."

She's certainly right about that. If this had happened to me, I would have thought I had landed in North Korea or somewhere in the middle east by accident. I never would have thought I was in America.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
i think one thing people fail to take into consideration, is that the quarantine of returning doctors and nurse just started a few days before her return.

knowing that, why doesn't anyone realize that there is no infrastructure in place yet to do it so that the quarantined person is 100% comfortable.

i mean look if 95% of the hospitals isolation wards are not equipped to handle the quarantining the way it should be done and that 95% of the staff are not trained properly, what do they expect.

here is a example, she fussed about not being able to take a shower, first thought i had is, how do hospitals handle waste water from showers and baths, for that matter even toilets, where serious infectious persons are placed? is there a separate holding tank in the building for these, or sewer system?

right now this is in the first stages and they haven't worked out the comfort factor yet. she should ask herself a question, would she rather be in the states under quarantine, or where ever it was she came from.
edit on 26-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Dr. Snyderman broke quarantine.

Nurse Vinson broke quarantine.

Nurse Pham did NOT break quarantine.

Doctor in NYC broke quarantine.

This nurse put in mandatory quarantine.

Let's look at the sample. Of the first four, three of them broke quarantine. Of the first four, three of them got sick. Those are not great numbers especially when you consider that it only lined up that the one who didn't break quarantine was also one of the ones who got sick, and the three who got sick had DIRECT contact with extremely ill patients.

Presumably, this lady also had direct contact with extremely ill patients if she served in the hot zone.

I think at this point, it is in the best interest of the government to quarantine anyone coming out of the hot zone for 21-days because it has more or less been proven that they cannot be relied upon to do it themselves.

That being said, I think if the government is going to do that, then we, as a society, do owe it to the quarantined to keep them whole financially for that span of time.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Who didn't see this coming......

Kaci Hickox, nurse held under New Jersey's mandatory Ebola quarantine, has hired civil rights attorney Norman Siegel to challenge her detention; 'The policy is overly broad as applied,' lawyer says - @jdavidgoodman

or this

White House pressures New York, New Jersey governors to reverse mandatory Ebola quarantine orders, official tells @nytimes

edit on 26-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join