It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Critics Secretly Given McDonald's Meal...FAIL!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Eat up!

While most things are good in moderation (except cyanide or Ebola...lol), McDonalds has fallen off the deep end. Their organic coffee is alright but I still don't know what's in the flavorings they use.

This Is What’s REALLY In A McDonald’s Hamburger

Well, I'm a baker but I must say that my recipes never looked like this:

Regular Bun: Ingredients: Enriched Flour (Bleached Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamin Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup and/or Sugar, Yeast, Soybean Oil and/or Canola Oil, Contains 2% or Less: Salt, Wheat Gluten, Calcium Sulfate, Calcium Carbonate, Ammonium Sulfate, Ammonium Chloride, Dough Conditioners (May Contain One or More of: Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate, DATEM, Ascorbic Acid, Azodicarbonamide, Mono and Diglycerides, Ethoxylated Monoglycerides, Monocalcium Phosphate, Enzymes, Guar Gum, Calcium Peroxide), Sorbic Acid (Preservative), Calcium Propionate and/or Sodium Propionate (Preservatives), Soy Lecithin.

Peace

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Just shows that if one doesn't see a label, they have no idea what kind of prejudice to give.

Though yes, when I eat mc d's, I get bad stomach/intestinal issues instantly.
But once or twice a year I just have to treat myself to a big mac.
the pain is so worth that amazing tasting meat.
or smeet. whatever.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Back to the OP, it just shows that anyone can label themselves an expert today.

As I am an expert and SME (Silly Mechanical Eel) and have now made that claim on the internet, it is now official.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I hate Maccas food, well their burgers anyway
Though lets be honest, its probably the largest food chain on earth and has been around for a few years.
Makes more than a few bucks and has satisfied the pallets of most of the world, probably.

You dont become that from selling food that taste bad, granted I prefer Hungry Jacks burgers and never eat maccas food, I am not silly enough to deny that Maccas has a recipe for success, has a product that many enjoy immensely

Irrespective of my opinion of the tast of their food, the proof is in their sales and continued success

They must have a good product and be doing something right

So a few foodies like it, no surprise there.

If it's so successful, then why are they in such a slump?

McDonald’s Corp. (MCD), the world’s largest restaurant chain, said third-quarter profit fell 30 percent as U.S. sales slumped for the fourth straight quarter.

Net income dropped to $1.07 billion, or $1.09 a share, from $1.52 billion, or $1.52, a year earlier, the Oak Brook, Illinois-based company said in a statement today

Mcdonalds Profit drops 30%

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Those experts just looked like random people off the street.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I haven't eaten Mickey D's in over a decade. I very rarely eat fast food at all.
I've never liked the taste of it...it all tastes too salty to me.
I believe I have figured out why. I think I am allergic to sodium nitrite, a commonly used preservative.
They use the stuff to poison wild hogs.
The last time I ate fast food I vomited about an hour later and had a case of the trots the next day.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I haven't eaten Mickey D's in over a decade. I very rarely eat fast food at all.
I've never liked the taste of it...it all tastes too salty to me.
I believe I have figured out why. I think I am allergic to sodium nitrite, a commonly used preservative.
They use the stuff to poison wild hogs.
The last time I ate fast food I vomited about an hour later and had a case of the trots the next day.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ha in your face up yourself food critics! I can't stand them honestly, especially ones on cooking competition shows that judge peoples food, their faces when eating make me want to slap them.

I can't eat Mcdonalds without getting sick, same Goes for Hungry Jacks or Burger King if your not Aussie, it all makes me sick obviously all the preservatives and nasties in their food.
edit on 25-10-2014 by Shana91aus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11
True, most home bakers don't use those things... but almost all mechanized bakeries do... the ones that want you to get a product that is appealing to the senses and not spoiled.
The link that the poster put up is a hit piece. Look at what they say about sorbic acid. They use NOAA as a source... they say that 'large quantities' may be irritating to the eyes and respiratory tract. I suppose it is a good thing that people don't breathe McDonalds food.... or rub it in their eyes!
I am not saying McDonalds food is healthy food, but the piece is scaremongering.

ETA: Take lemon juice for example. People preparing food at home put it on bananas before adding them to fruit salad to prevent them turning brown. Try putting lemon juice in your eyes. Is lemon juice a dangerous food additive?
edit on b000000312014-10-26T07:17:35-05:0007America/ChicagoSun, 26 Oct 2014 07:17:35 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

As I am an expert and SME (Silly Mechanical Eel) and have now made that claim on the internet, it is now official.

I thought you were an SL.... special lagomorph.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
True, most home bakers don't use those things... but almost all mechanized bakeries do... the ones that want you to get a product that is appealing to the senses and not spoiled.
The link that the poster put up is a hit piece. Look at what they say about sorbic acid. They use NOAA as a source... they say that 'large quantities' may be irritating to the eyes and respiratory tract. I suppose it is a good thing that people don't breathe McDonalds food.... or rub it in their eyes!
I am not saying McDonalds food is healthy food, but the piece is scaremongering.

ETA: Take lemon juice for example. People preparing food at home put it on bananas before adding them to fruit salad to prevent them turning brown. Try putting lemon juice in your eyes. Is lemon juice a dangerous food additive?

I was actually trying to be funny but sometimes forget that not everyone here knows I am a seasoned wholesale/retail baker by trade.
Sorry about that.

Of course it's a hit piece but it doesn't make it any less true.

The thread drifted tho. I was addressing the self proclaimed foodies, their pretentious language/terms and yet a complete lack of knowledge and a taste bud. And it turned to pro/anti McD's...

But I'll bet they all have a blog or a YT channel...

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: beezzer

Those experts just looked like random people off the street.

You're right. Any random person off the street with a laptop, blog, YT channel can call themselves a foodie these days. That's my point.

Peace

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It may be worth noting that there is most likely a world of difference between McD's in the US, and McD's in Uk at least, and maybe Europe as a whole.

McD's in the UK have changed radically over the last 5-10 years, not that i ever eat there (i dont eat meat etc), but they are not quite the c###s they were when i was a teenager in the 80's.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Sorry I didn't pick up on your humor. I missed your background somehow, even though I have read many of your posts.

I sorry if I took the thread even further away from what you intended. I must say that I am not pro-McDonalds though. I shy away from it as much as conveniently possible, but I have two children that are still under twelve years old... So it does get eaten in a limited fashion.

On topic now! I think plenty of food critics are full of themselves.... If not some BS.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
say what you want about McD's....their chicken wings are oustanding. And so is their coffee.

Agreed.

I love McDonalds. Especially the double quarter pounder. Aaaaaaaw yeeeeeeea.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Sorry I didn't pick up on your humor. I missed your background somehow, even though I have read many of your posts.

I sorry if I took the thread even further away from what you intended. I must say that I am not pro-McDonalds though. I shy away from it as much as conveniently possible, but I have two children that are still under twelve years old... So it does get eaten in a limited fashion.

On topic now! I think plenty of food critics are full of themselves.... If not some BS.

Too many sorrys...
All good!

I have a feeling I should try to launch a burger only site because we are in need of the facts.

Foodies LOVE this!
$2.95

I LOVE this! $8.93 (makes 5 burgers) With leftovers!

I make my own buns so even cheaper.

Got the perfect Domain as well but no time.

Peace

edit on 26-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Posh food critics unknowingly given McDonald's meal in prank - you'll never believe their reactions

I failed my sarcasm test.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Posh food critics unknowingly given McDonald's meal in prank - you'll never believe their reactions

I failed my sarcasm test.

Nope, not a fail.

I caught it.

But...

Peace

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Best shakes are Arby's Jamocha shakes.
Best fries are the fat Burger King ones.
Best burgers are Wendy's. Their chili is good too.
McDonalds has good coffee and good breakfast sandwiches.
But it's obviously fast food and not high end restaurant food.
I can't see a food critic being fooled by McDonalds.
If they are, then they aren't too good at their job.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

As a lifelong mechanico student Beez, I can extol the multiple
benefits of McSecret Sauce.

After a couple of adhesion failures, you and Badgerprints may
be pleased the tinfoil has stayed up on my window glass for
two summers, with no indication of the stuff budging.
ps just push the simulated dressing emulsion through a tea
strainer so the 'relish' and other unspecified chunks stay behind...
I hate lumpy tinfoil. Full tack in only 30 minutes: rock in 240.

Back to the thread-- my one guilty pleasure since the '80's
has been the Fridge Special once, and only once a year.
Four Quarters and three Large: they keeps me going 'till six.
And the additives when hot actually make it smell like meat.
One must think the mantra and just "keep chewing".
edit on 27-10-2014 by derfreebie because: It really should come with its own medication though

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join