It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

peaky blinders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
www.imdb.com...

i wouldnt go so far as to say its one of the best shows ever but it is damn good.

A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.
-------------

i just finished season 1 last night....i was very impressed with it..for lack of a better word its a 'gangster' show i guess but there is very little violence...also very little nudity/sex which is actually quite refreshng. i know sex sells and all and when youre 10 its kind of awesome that there are sexuals in every show and movie but it reaches a point where there is no point.

anyway, this show is fantastic. the acting is fantastic and this season my boy tom hardy is the main antagonist.

you should check it out

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I saw it as a new release available on Netflix. So you recommend it?

Many BBC productions are available on Netflix. Good high quality programming.
a reply to: CardiffGiant

edit on AMu31u10104354312014-10-25T08:54:01-05:00 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Thanks for the nod.
I was talking about this with a Colleague yesterday.
Will have a look when I've put a dent in Falling Skies

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A great show great story lines and great music i think, its also quite different from most of the shows on the tv at the moment in the uk I feel

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oddly enough I was just scrolling through the web and came across this and could not believe it was Tom Hardy. He's grown to become one of my favorite actors but I was under the impression he was still out there, somewhere in the outback, filming Thunder Road - the new Mad Max movie.

Since you've verified it is him, I'll have to give it a watch.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
www.imdb.com...

i wouldnt go so far as to say its one of the best shows ever but it is damn good.

A gangster family epic set in 1919 Birmingham, England and centered on a gang who sew razor blades in the peaks of their caps, and their fierce boss Tommy Shelby, who means to move up in the world.
-------------

i just finished season 1 last night....i was very impressed with it..for lack of a better word its a 'gangster' show i guess but there is very little violence...also very little nudity/sex which is actually quite refreshng. i know sex sells and all and when youre 10 its kind of awesome that there are sexuals in every show and movie but it reaches a point where there is no point.

anyway, this show is fantastic. the acting is fantastic and this season my boy tom hardy is the main antagonist.

you should check it out

Wait until you get Series 2.

There is plenty of Violence. And Hollywood actor Tom Hardy joins the cast.

:up

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

pretty sure mad max has wrapped. its in post production now.

i just started the 2nd season. apparently tom hardy comes into it in episode 2. i watched a couple clips online from the show though and while his character seems pretty mellow, he is for sure going to ruin some people.

hey heff, you see locke yet?

pretty damn good movie. hardy does a great job considering for 99% of the movie he is on screen by himself.

if you like mma type flicks, he was in one a couple years ago called warrior. he was awesome in that as well

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Have not seen Locke yet, but will have to check it out. If you're a fan Bronson is a must see. He is brilliant in it!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

he was off his rocker in bronson
loved it

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Love it ....

Though cant see how you don't find it brutal?

I find it very brutal, especially the sociopathic drug fuelled brother,

but I can find that acceptable as I think its probably an accurate portrayal

of the time.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

The real Peaky Blinders

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: eletheia

The real Peaky Blinders

www.mirror.co.uk...

An excerpt from your link >>>>

Court reports from the time refer to gang members as "foul mouthed young

men who stalked the streets in drunken groups insulting and mugging

passers by"

They would target anybody who looked vulnerable, they were behind a

crime wave that saw them rob people, attack their rivals, and even

assault the Police!

LOL!!... Nothing much changes then in a hundred years !!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I love this show! Along with Ripper Street and Copper (both cancelled for reasons I cannot understand), easily one of the best TV programs out there. BBC has some really great stuff. So happy Netflix carries most of it.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Love it ....

Though cant see how you don't find it brutal?

I find it very brutal, especially the sociopathic drug fuelled brother,

but I can find that acceptable as I think its probably an accurate portrayal

of the time.

i just dont think it is that violent. not too much has happened so far and i am 2 episodes in the 2nd season. even when tommy was getting tuned up by savini, it wasnt that bad. or when they fought the gypsies....
look at the walking dead....thats violent

blinder is tame.....awesome though

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
iv just watched both series back to back somehow missed it when was first aired season three starts tonight about time!! glad tommy got out that grave at the end season two surley solomons and sabinni will get theres in season three gypsys never forget a betrayal and sam neilgot his comuppance a reply to: InvisibleOwl

posted on May, 24 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I am half way thru season 2 and it is pretty intense. I read the description for episode 4 and my jaw dropped. Tom Hardy is excellent in this.

new topics

top topics

join