It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the films of troma entertainment.....who loves them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
if youre a movie buff, especially b movies then chances are youre a fan of troma and might not even know it.

i cant even say how much i love these movies. they are so bad and so awful that they become awesome...

everyone knows the toxic avenger...thats a troma flick.

one of my favorites is sgt kabuki man.
en.wikipedia.org...

The film follows Sergeant Detective Harry Griswold (Rick Gianasi), a clumsy N.Y.P.D. cop investigating a string of murders involving Kabuki actors. While attending an amateur Kabuki play, Harry witnesses thugs gun down the entire cast. In the ensuing gunfight, Harry is forcefully kissed by one of the dying actors, unknowingly becoming blessed with the powers of Kabuki. Before he knows it, Griswold finds out that he has the ability to transform into Kabukiman, a colorfully dressed slapstick superhero who has the ability to fly and access to such unique weapons as heat seeking chopsticks and fatal sushi.
--------------------

hahahahahaha.......so bad but its fantastic.

a couple more well known

redneck zombies
sizzle beach usa(which has a young kevin costner....i bet he wishes he could take that one back)
en.wikipedia.org...
surf nazi's must die
chopper chicks in zombie town(with a very young billy bob thornton)

so yeah, give it up for troma

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
You forgot my fav. Tromeo and juliet. A timeless classic. Loyd kaufman used to do a bar tour and would come to our town every year. Costume contests and bad music. Never missed one.

a reply to: CardiffGiant

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What!?
No toxic avernger?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

i mentioned it. thats probably the movie that everyone knows.

i like kabuki man...

troma pretty much made the b movie genre in thee late 80's early 90's

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Love some Troma. The first film by Matt Stone and Trey Parker(Cannibal the Musical) was released through them. Citizen Toxic is one of my favorite b films.

Kind of on topic... My fiance' and I were watching Batman and Robin last night for s**** and giggles. We decided it would be right at home in the Troma or John Waters universe. They would welcome the bat-nipples, thongs, and horrible puns with open arms.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I actually enjoyed the tv show they made about themselves a lot more than I ever enjoyed any of the movies.

The movies were rubbish. The stories about the people making those rubbish movies? Actually quite interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
'Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead' was something else. I think 'Toxic Avenger 4: Citizen Toxie' was the most epic of the series.
Troma films aren't for everyone, but for a certain type of person in a certain frame of mind, they are pure awesome.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I loved those cheesy movies! There were 2 or 3 that came to mind when I saw your post, but they turned out to be from "New World Pictures" in the '80s.

C.H.U.D.

Humanoids From The Deep

It's Alive

Feeling cheesy? Check those out!

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Not a huge fan, but they did put out Cannibal! The musical, which is quite possibly the best musical ever made. If you guys haven't watched it. It's on Netflix. You NEED to see ita reply to: CardiffGiant

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Troma has a tendency to make movies so bad that they pass being funny, and just kill your soul. Like "Actium Maximus," just godawful.

However! Everyone here should pay attention to Astron 6. They're from Canada. If you watch "Manborg" and don't laugh out loud, you're a lost cause.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I had th unfortunate pleasure to sit through Surf Nazis must die

Imagine my disappointment when i was excpecting to see Adolf Hitler rip on some tasty waves and was treated to the cheesiest revenge story

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Funny thing is i just recently got into Troma movies on youtube. yea i seen all the toxie movies but i did not realize there is a lot more like these for example.

TROMA'S WAR is Troma's masterpiece. Directed by Lloyd Kaufman and Michael Herz, TROMA'S WAR is packed with gargantuan battle scenes, heart stopping stunts, and never-before-seen special effects. TROMA'S WAR is the action film that all good citizens of the world can be proud of and enjoy! TROMA'S WAR is Troma's answer to PLATOON and APOCALYPSE NOW. It is the first war picture that combines satire, sex, special effects make-up, stunts, gore and a beautiful love story. A small group of typical Tromaville citizens find themselves in the path of a terrorist army controlled by the power elite. The freedom of Tromaville and the world is at stake! TROMA'S WAR creates new kinds of heroes. A used car salesman, a handsome environmentalist, an obese junk-food gourmand, a seventy-year-old housewife, some sensational young women, a year old jingoistic baby and more sensational women all become deadly soldiers in the most unusual and explosive, action-packed combat film ever produced by the Troma Team.

And another side note about this movie.

After finding success in such films as The Toxic Avenger and Class of Nuke 'Em High, Troma began production on what was intended as a criticism of President Ronald Reagan's attempt to glamorize armed conflict. The film was initially rejected by the MPAA as too violent to even receive an R rating, so several scenes were cut from to the film, including the entire AIDS subplot. Despite this the film was rejected a second time leading to even heavier cuts. The butchered end result of the film was poorly received. In the aftermath of the film's poor financial performance, Troma experienced financial hardship, jettisoning the company from the Hollywood mainstream. Troma's War's budget was $3,000,000, making it Troma's most expensive film to date.

Class of Nuke'Em High, the timeless classic of readin', writin' and radiation, is available for the first time ever in this unrated Director's Cut. When first released in theaters in 1986, Class of Nuke'Em High became an instant sensation. Its unique blend of horror and humor was cheered by audiences and celebrated by critics. The film spawned two sequels and legions of fans. At Tromaville High School, located a stone's throw from the local Nuclear Power Plant, the students are getting brighter. In fact, they're beginning to develop a Troma-green glow. Innocent students mutate into sex-crazed psychos, the Honor Society's turned into carnivorous, kinky cretins, and the slimy monster stalking the hallways isn't the principal! The Director's Cut of Class of Nuke 'Em High has been lovingly restored by co-director Lloyd Kaufman (who developed the film during detention) and the Troma Team. Never-before-seen footage (found in the Tromaville High School's girls' bathroom) has been added.

And...

Released in 1980, The Children went on to become a box office smash and one of the top grossing films of that year. Lost for over two decades, Troma Entertainment, with the assistance of Writer/Producer Carlton J. Albright, has gone to great lengths to track down one of the only surviving original prints to create an exclusive new digital transfer of this legendary cult classic!

edit on 10/25/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Surf Nazi's Must Die. Heck yeah! I'm good friends with Dukey Flyswatter who played Mengele (billed as Michael Sonye) and with Dawn Wildsmith who played Eva.

Mengele was hot. Totally freakin' hot.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

FULLY agree with you, Skunkape!
I LOVE Troma films. They're so cheesy and awesome.
The cheesier the better. Probably why I love SNMD so much. Pure entertainment at its finest.

new topics

top topics

join