It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is a cult, plain and simple

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

Whenever i get into this discussion with someone i ask them to consider how many people die per year due to common things such as smoking, heart disease, cancer, etc. compared to how many die per year due to terrorism.

I'll tell you the difference. If I choose to smoke it is my decision, If somebody straps on an explosive laden vest and detonates it in a crowded market That is not the victims decision.
Why is it plastered all over the news? IDK, a few years from now it may be just like the weather report,

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
So you split the religion of Islam into two. moderate and radical.

So a couple years ago a guy dressed up as a zombie muhammad for halloween and was beaten by a muslim.

was that muslim a moderate or extremist?

edit on 25-10-2014 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

I'll tell you the difference. If I choose to smoke it is my decision, If somebody straps on an explosive laden vest and detonates it in a crowded market That is not the victims decision.

Between 40 to 50 thousand people die each year from second hand smoke was that their decision?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
So you split the religion of Islam into two. moderate and radical.

So a couple years ago a guy dressed up as a zombie muhammad for halloween and was beaten by a muslim.

was that muslim a moderate or extremist?

Would you be beaten by a Christian if you went as a Zombie Jesus ?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
The federal government and the democrats in particular have no problem calling it as they see it when it comes to christian cults. They even staged a military style assault on the Branch Davidians because they thought they might present a terrorist threat even thought they had not yet.

But the far worse muslim extremists and proven islamist terrorists are treated with kid gloves and none dare utter the words "cult" or "terrorist" for fear of offending them.

No reasonable person can deny there is a double standard.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

they make sure their followers embellish death, so we can kill them off and it wont stop the source, this has turned into a psychological war to me...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

i completely agree... i feel they have been able to milk a war and ratings by use of the descriptions and labeling they are using

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

well the leaders of these groups had to twist the original writing so that it puts them in power and takes the power away from the individual.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

hey but your not the only one, as far as i am concerned if you can be disillusioned to do bad, you can be brainwashed into doing good, problem is there isnt enough money and power in it. This is where powerful moderate muslims need to have tact and start really working.. But i feel that the powerful muslim moderates are sympathetic to these groups.. kind of like if my brotha was doing something evil i may just turn my back, but do nothing to stop it bc we are related in some way

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
All of christianity and almost every other religion could be considered a cult if you base it off of social deviation. What is accepted by society changes all the time.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes
Thats exactly my theory - it's difficult for them to take positions against their fellow religion in the same way it is more difficult for anyone to disparage someone from their own country or beliefs. On this site alone I have found it hard to negatively react to people who remind me of myself.

But there is also the double-edged sword they face. It's well proven, every extremist muslim group has killed far more muslims than non-muslims. They are far harsher in judging their own kind, and I understand this exactly, let me relate: I am a vodka connoisseur and so people always believe ill love any vodka I try. But im far harsher in judging them because I love it so much.

Moderate muslims are MORE in danger from criticising extremists than we are. The extremists feel betrayed, and that is far worse than simple hatred...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

So you think they are a legitimate religion and not out for money and power? Which one that uses that black cult flag? which one isnt a cult on this list?

www.state.gov...

Date Designated

edit on 26-10-2014 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-10-2014 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

actually maybe we should be asking what religion promotes terrorism? how can you be called a religion and a terrorist org at the same time. you cant, its not correct, i can think of a ton of cults that promote terrorist acts... lone wolf or a group...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Power yes, money no. The Vice documentary inside IS shows that they have mandatory charity work and such. However, like every religion and movement, I suggest the people at the very top are in it for the money and power.

Their goal from the beginning has been to establish a state with theocratic rule, just like the Israelis and the Vatican.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and if you want to curse me, my G-d, burn the Christian bible, etc… Than have at it! It is what some of us call “free will”! It’s what’s within my heart that matters most! It is your free will to do so, and I’m not going to go out and kill you, or make threats to kill you if you decide to do such things!

Open your eye’s people; it is the so called “moderate” Muslims demonstrating hate in the streets when someone sketches out a cartoon of Mohammed or burns the Koran! And for those that say that it is only a small majority that are wackos? Go ahead and burn the Koran, talk down Muhammad, etc..! I’m sorry people; I’m just not feeling the love! Are there really that many people out there that are so blind to the truth? If the so called “moderate” Muslims are willing to go out and hurt people because someone draws a cartoon of Mohammad or burns the Koran, than they're not "moderate" Muslims, they're "extremists"!

Like I said, go ahead and burn the bible. If you feel the need to burn it in front of me, please, have at it! It's your free will! It’s your choice! I would love to see how a so called "MODERATE" Muslim would react if I burned the Koran in front of him/her! Yeah, we'll see just how "MODERATE" they really are!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

Well the money and power is at the top, i could care less what the cult members are in it for bc they are expendable pawns... as far as other religions, unless they are promoting terrorism, then they are not a cult and are not related to this topic

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

More evidence of ISIS as a classic cult, followers cant leave.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   

So again i have been thinking (dangerous, i know) and the term moderate muslim is pissing me off too. Let me explain through an example.

Our example is a man named Pi.

Pi is a Muslim who studies Islam. He is a part of the religious community. He doesnt have a leader who tells him to hurt people and he feels after many years he can become a devout Muslim bc he takes his teachings seriously. So he is a Muslim. Nothing more nothing less.

If Pi murdered someone.. well he can be mentally unstable.. he could have lost his temper.. but he is a murderer.. or he is labeled by his sentencing of the courts

Now if Pi decided to join a group of people... and this group of people have a leader who wants Pi and the other to go out and hurt people.. then Pi is now A CULT MEMBER and PART OF A CULT. He is no longer a Muslim studying Islam anymore. And everyone else who is Muslim is not a Moderate just bc Pi decided to join a cult.

We need to stop with these BS labels and call things what they are. There id no such thing as a moderate muslim.. just devout or not so strict muslims.. radical islamists is not a real thing either.. that term makes no sense.. as soon as a muslim joins a group whos intent is to hurt others they are now a CULT MEMBER.. not a Islamic cult member or muslim cult member.. those terms dont make sense either..

So agian lets stop giving the leaders of these cults labels that allow them to hide from what they really are..THEY ARE CULTS.
edit on 27-10-2014 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
See the only reason I am apprehensive of labelling it a cult is because the original definition of 'cult' began in Rome. They allowed conquered territories to practice their own faith so long as they also worshipped the emperor, and also venerated Roman gods. So most often they had official practice of adding foreign gods into the Roman pantheon. This is actually how the Greek gods became "Roman" gods.

Cult was a label for citizens who decided to venerate ONLY a single deity such as Apollo or Mithras (typically minor gods) and refused to pay taxes to the empire. Hence, cults were 'dangerous' - to the Roman authority.

In this manner the IS militants arguably both do and dont fit in to the definition - by the original definition any monotheistic religion is a cult, yet we dont refer to them as cults, simply because they have become the norm. And by modern colloquialism, if we take it to mean 'against the norm', it fits in with a bunch of guys following al-Bagdadi and killing for him. And this is why at best I say it is arguable.

For me its just a semantic argument, I dont like people redefining words to suit their need - but I fully agree they have the hallmarks of the colloquial "cult".

a reply to: Propulsion
Christ would never in 2000 years approve of your antagonising words or avatar. He would have loved his enemy, even if they crucified him...

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

It's interesting you brought up the quotation of displaying the wounds of martyrdom as a perversion of what jihad means, or perhaps you're saying the "human sacrifice" portion is the misinterpretation, I'll await clarification my friend. However what you've written about scars of jihad isn't alien to Islam in the least, actually it comes directly from the mouth of Mohammed, who was quoted to have said: "One who meets Allah without a scar of Jihad, he shall have blisters (on his body).” Tirmidhi, Abu Dawud. Taken from an Islamic website it seems they too have totally missed what Islam is about. In another translation the body without scars of jihad is actually called deficient.

Or there's Bukhari 52:54, which features the words of Muhammad as he says: "I would love to be martyred in Allah's Cause and then get resurrected and then get martyred, and then get resurrected again and then get martyred and then get resurrected again and then get martyred." Without being inflammatory I wonder aloud, why the love of death within so important a book of the Muslim world? This isn't a fringe piece of literature penned by infidels with an axe to grind against Muslims everywhere, instead it's something Muslims, if they're indeed worthy of the name, are meant to believe and agree over. Whereas any Muslims who don't or won't agree (as there are many) they're considered hypocrites and false Muslims by jihad fighters worldwide. They'd likely be considered fakes by Mohammed too.

Or we could turn to Sahih Muslim 20:4635, Sahih meaning authentic/sound, which means we're being treated to the authentic words of Mohammed when he says: "Nobody who enters Paradise will (ever like to) return to this world even if he were offered everything on the surface of the earth (as an inducement) except the martyr who will desire to return to this world and be killed ten times for the sake of the great honour that has been bestowed upon him." Are the words of Mohammed, the first Muslim according to Qur'an 6:163, and the most influential certainly, not worth considering when talking about what Muslim terrorists are doing today?

Without taking to my soapbox, as much of what's above I intend to be proper questions, doesn't it seem like the media and others are in total denial with regards to what Islamic literature has between its pages? Every other online message and media puff piece about Islam seems concerned with throwing Christians under the bus, geopolitics or some other irrelevant seeming issue. I agree that we ought to all work together, but that involves challenging political cults that blatantly incite others to beat women in my country, steal from my wallet, kill my loved ones and destroy my right to choose my own belief system! Because despite world leaders and politically correct yes men telling me over and over again that there's "No compulsion in religion" (That's Qur'an 2:256), every new explosion, forced conversion, beheading, and vitriolic passage that claims Muslims to be people who "slay and are slain" I'm given renewed reasons to doubt the establishment's poorly defended rhetoric.

Qur'an 9:111: "Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise. They fight in the cause of Allah , so they kill and are killed." (Feel free to look up the verse in total to read some woefully misinformed understanding of the Gospel and Torah too.)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join