It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radical Islam is a cult, plain and simple

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have been at odds for some time regarding the labeling of these groups. We all know their leaders are doing this for money and power, regardless of what their brainwashed followers want to think. They obviously believe anything if they are willing to blow themselves up. I am going to really get into my point but here is why I have placed this under political issues. Politicians have the power to breath life into these groups on how they label them, so its a political issue to take away the credibility these groups leaders are seeking to get more recruits. BC I can guarantee something called a Cult is not as appealing to join as say a Global Terrorist Organization, especially to this generation.

Lets take a look at some definitions from Wiki

Cult - In the sociological classifications of religious movements, a cult is a religious or other social group with socially deviant and novel beliefs and practices.

Terrorist - A terrorist is one who participates in terrorism. (nothing of value here so lets look at terrorism.

Terrorism - In the international community, terrorism has no legally binding, criminal law definition.[1][2] Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts that are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political, or ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants

So Terrorism is just an action, not really the labeling of a particular kind of group. But the word Cult fits the bill perfect. They bring in loser, brainwashed followers who are duped into believing there is something at hand besides money and power. Which is all their leaders want. And they use many normal religions as well to brainwash their followers. It may be a big cult, but its just a cult, and its popular bc young people think they can join it and be a scary terrorist, well sorry loser, your in a Cult and you have been brainwashed by some rich guy.

CAN POLITICIANS WORLDWIDE PLEASE SPREAD THE TRUTH OF WHAT WE ARE DEALING WITH HERE AND STOP GIVING THESE PEOPLE SUCH POWER BY LABELING THEM AS SUCH WHEN THEY CLEARLY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN AN ARMED CULT.

thats all i got

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

Interesting .Our Australian prime minister always calls Isis a death cult , an example would be , this Isis death cult . Love him or hate him you have to agree with him on this stance .

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Any 'extremist' organization is worthy of a cult description.

Look at all the groups labelled as 'hate groups' by the ACLU among others, they are all 'cults'..

Westboro Baptist Church

Jeff Warren's clan

Those crazy club 700 people..

So Terrorism is just an action, not really the labeling of a particular kind of group. But the word Cult fits the bill perfect. They bring in loser, brainwashed followers who are duped into believing there is something at hand besides money and power. Which is all their leaders want. And they use many normal religions as well to brainwash their followers. It may be a big cult, but its just a cult, and its popular bc young people think they can join it and be a scary terrorist, well sorry loser, your in a Cult and you have been brainwashed by some rich guy.

Use ANY term of any organization that has 'extremist' ties and they fit this description above perfectly.

Hell some PETA members fall under that.

I guess I just assumed everybody thought it was obvious.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I may be an American, but I have agreed with alot of the straight forward talk from Australia.. Its refreshing not to have this sugar coated or mislabeled.... a reply to: hutch622

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Well the problem here is not just the groups acts, but also how many people want to join them. Politicians are not referring to them as a cult, except maybe Australia. Everyone needs to get on this page bc calling them a cult, and THAT catching on will deter our younger generation. It may be shallow but i bet 90 percent of them joined ISIS to be cool and join what everyone is talking about and 10 percent out of other reasons a reply to: tothetenthpower

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I agree with you both, but wouldn't it be good for all world muslims to loudly denounce them and label them as such? They are beginning to, and in Canada they have announced a more intensive program to warn their mosque members against such radicals. Here's wishing them lots of success.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"RADICAL"

Yeah, you pretty much asked and answered in one word.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Contrary to popular belief, cults are not populated by "loser, brainwashed" individuals, but rather by people of diverse backgrounds. Some of the most intelligent people i've known have believed in the dumbest things.

People have this general belief that they are somehow immune to the effects of subtle influence, which is a complete fallacy proven every day. Proven by advertising, politicians, etc.

Where you are on the right track is that religions, cults, ideologies, political groups, and many others use the exact same psychological warfare tactics to recruit - recall the idea that mixing in a lot of truth with a lot of lies, pulls focus off of the lies... recall that "repainting" events in your favour can convince people they were justified and/or correct.

ISIS magazines depicted executions as shooting bandits and robbers, our media says they were innocent people. Also, that Vice documentary showed that they allow Christians in their state with legal protection. That right there can sucker average people into thinking they are a group that is about justice.

They certainly use the same tactics as a cult! But then again, so does every group desiring support.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I don't think people are joining ISIS for the fame and money my friend.

Pretty sure those who go over there, know exactly what they are doing. And if they don't, they are by definition, insane.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Also forgot to add the Australian prime minister never says Islamic state as he believes (RIGHTLY SO) that calling them a state gives them some kind of legitimacy .

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
No your right, its not the people joining, its the leaders who are recruiting them that want money and power, which is what i said in the post a reply to: tothetenthpower

edit on 24-10-2014 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I agree that the word cult originated from that place, but we know they are targeting unfortunate souls who dont fit in, just like a gang does... a reply to: Ridhya

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
yes if moderate muslims considered them a cult as well and not an actually religion, just rich leaders who want a cult following to do their bidding, i think it would do wonders to stop the spreading...a reply to: aboutface

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
yes if moderate muslims considered them a cult as well and not an actually religion, just rich leaders who want a cult following to do their bidding, i think it would do wonders to stop the spreading...a reply to: aboutface

Because guns and tanks in your face isn't enough.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
CAN POLITICIANS WORLDWIDE PLEASE SPREAD THE TRUTH.

Now THAT would indeed be a true miracle.

Outside of a divine intervention, I don't see it happenin' any time soon...

Especially when you factor things in such as Bohemian grove etc.

A Satanic cult has colonized the earth. This is the key to understanding history and avoiding the pitfalls of modern "cult--ure."

Humanity is Satanically Possessed

The core of the control over Planet Earth's populace lies in ancient cults. These cults are still in existence to this day. Following the most ancient religions mixed with sexual worship.

The power elite of this world worship Saturn and appease him with child sacrifices just as they have for hundreds of years. The most public of these displays is the "Cremation of Care" ceremony held annually at Bohemian Grove, where the members sacrifice a child to their god Moloch.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I think you can go one deeper to infer that if these individuals truly believe in the delusional teachings of said cult's leaders and don't, at any point, decide that it is probably counter productive to their overall life experience to sacrifice themselves to their god, then it is more than likely a mental health issue.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: kicked

I wouldn't have an issue with them sacrificing themselves. They're sacrificing other people. I wonder if they look at it like that. They are performing human sacrifices to their god. I have not read the full Quran, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't ask for human sacrifice.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: meomy

The problem is that these radical groups use a misinterpretation of Jihad, which is the religious duty of Muslims, to justify violence in the name of God. The radicals are taught something along the lines that they must "display the wounds of martyrdom to be accepted into paradise" which could be interpreted as human sacrifice. The religion itself does not teach this, it is the teachings of a misinterpretation.

Whenever i get into this discussion with someone i ask them to consider how many people die per year due to common things such as smoking, heart disease, cancer, etc. compared to how many die per year due to terrorism. So it begs the question: why is it plastered all over the news? Couple this with the recent statements at the UN of the UK's Prime Minister David Cameron saying that he wants to get rid of all types of extremism and one can start to see the political end game here.

It is a very dangerous thing when you see the leader of one of the worlds most powerful nations say things like that.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Absolutely, gangs are one thing I forgot to mention in that list. The one thing you could say all these groups prey on is disillusioned people. Its easy to snag people when they lose their faith, whether in religion, government, society at large, etc.

Keep in mind that Scientology is pretty attractive, even they utilise "universal truths" to make people believe they have found the right thing.

a reply to: hutch622
He's very accurate that it 'legitimises' it using the term state, this is why in France they call it different. It's a sort of tacit disapproval

edit on 25-10-2014 by Ridhya because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Absolutely, gangs are one thing I forgot to mention in that list. The one thing you could say all these groups prey on is disillusioned people. Its easy to snag people when they lose their faith, whether in religion, government, society at large, etc.

This. It is these type of people that get sucked in so easily. There will never be an end to disillusioned people, so the solution lies in giving these people something else to grab on to. That is the hard part. We need another Martin Luther King Jr., or another Gandhi. We need charismatic leaders who can take that negative energy and turn into a force for good.

Yeah I know, I'm a dreamer...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join