It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola, more prevalent than you think

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

The facts stands as we choose to interpret them.
The trouble is, instead of considering the "facts", you are selective in what you chose to interpret. You select one statement by someone you call an expert, then ignore the rest if it doesn't fit your interpretation.
edit on 10/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I dont have a life, so what ever..lol

Ok

When did he make the statement you posted and when did he make the one I posted?

You too are selective phage. We choose facts we think are relevant. If not what else are we doing?

Also,

I didnt say that our infrastructure cant handle current threats. I am saying that unless this is contained it could overwhelm even the best prepared countries since none are geared for epidemics beyond a certain size.

Context would also apply to what we are trying to argue sir.

edit on 10 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

We choose facts we think are relevant. If not what else are we doing?

Choosing facts is not science. Choosing facts is the opposite. Choosing only facts that support one's interpretation has a name.
Confirmation Bias
edit on 10/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Ah phage....you must be like me, lonely at night. lol

Your facts, my facts. I didnt post things that are in the ethereal. neither did you.

We are just trying to get a clear picture. You cant say what I posted is technically incorrect. You just think I am interpreting it all incorrectly. You cant now say that they arent facts as well.

edit on 10 25 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You just think I am interpreting it all incorrectly.

No.
I know that you are disregarding actual information that doesn't fit your fears.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

ok. Noted.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: soficrow

From the muck of increasingly overpopulated impoverished 3rd world human existence will come one day a real microbial threat that will make Ebola seem like nothing.

Mother nature can be an evil bitch when she's had enough.

Mother Nature is the Indian goddess Kali.
Kali is fickle, but she disseminates her powers in a balanced way, in accordance with the equilibrium of the Cosmos.
A flutter here, then a catastrophe there. An imbalance here, then a rectification there.
There is no power in the universe that can tame Kali.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

....Mother nature can be an evil bitch when she's had enough.

I have come to hate such analogies. The reality is actually benign and simple. Life responds to environmental change by mutating and adapting. Simple organisms like bacteria and viruses adapt more quickly than complex ones. Then the simple organisms share their adaptations with complex organisms, or if you prefer, infect their hosts with their new adaptive DNA, which can cause disease in the unadapted.

The solution is equally simple: Stop modifying our environments (macro and micro). At least long enough so we complex organisms can catch up.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
getting better informed.... digest all these facts, links....
exopolitics.blogs.com...

"Ebola" Triggers George Bush's Bizarre Pandemic Laws

Total Plunder, False Imprisonment, Forced Human Experimentation,
Mandatory Weaponized Vaccines, and No Liability for Deaths

Full MA bill: malegislature.gov...

then know that ᴓbama expanded the previous EO by Bush... to include anyone with any sort of respiratory distress...

which is developing along the fascism model...
my son is the local manager for a Regional respiratory corp.... the present day long list of local small operations are to get consolidated into the (planned) 5 remaining Respiratory Aid businesses who will keep very detailed lists of people they provide therapies/oxygen/aerosol delivered medications &-or innoculations as patients/customers in-home or in living facilities

I say goose the system... go 'Long' on aerosol delivery/respiratory related corporations
because the fascist medical system is unstoppable... make money by riding the bow-wave as-it-were

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udiosnip...

I say goose the system... go 'Long' on aerosol delivery/respiratory related corporations
because the fascist medical system is unstoppable... make money by riding the bow-wave as-it-were

I disagree, the " fascist medical system " is not "unstoppable" it is self destructive, ...the bow wave only exists because of momentum in a larger body causing displacement in it's current direction. If you are investing on tomorrow with fear of death and cost of avoidance as commodities the short sell is wise before the commodity in question results in smells of torches and the glint of pitch forks

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
originally posted by: tadaman

...and this phage is why I cringe at the thought of getting into it with you. I tried to bow out respectfully.

...them why keep posting after this?...

Er?...do you mean you or him? because you kept posting ? (psst and it's 'then' why)

...I am sure you glossed over tons of things that prove me right as well...
....I almost couldn't ...I mean this is hilarity... , # I couldn't type properly after this from laughing so hard, this ; logistical(ly mobius) offered as a 'truism' ....hahahahaaha

...but the humor of the comments stills distracts from the basic content of the subject at hand: Is ebola out of control

and if so why now?

facts are this outbreak is just what one would expect,mathematically, given the population,technology, and infrastructure in the environment it got started. and it is not even close to the first time ...though this one went farther faster...as was predicted based on unprecedented density of humans living in extreme poverty ( but still supplying coco for new yorkers ( at premium prices) .

edit on 31-10-2014 by Silverlok because: no no

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Whoever said it can be airborne is wrong it is just to heavy to be airborne.
It may be able to pass through aerosol transmission but that is not airborne.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Whoever said it can be airborne is wrong it is just to heavy to be airborne.
It may be able to pass through aerosol transmission but that is not airborne.
You may want to clarify that statement as most will understand the difference

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Silverlok

because you know what I am saying jaded...the radiation is out there and now so( as have they been through out history) are the pathogens....the odd thing is I think we can beat them ( the pathogens and whatever else)

You know, I've actually wondered if there were any possibility that the random aerosolized reactor core remnants might have an affect on the mutation rate of the virus (and other bugs out there) and lo and behold we see that it is currently mutating at the same rate as the flu.

Related?

Probably not.

Beating them?

Only if the corrupt stop trying to profit off of the ignorant. Otherwise, I think we are at the mercy of the mongers of wealth.

Will keep hoping though.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical
I would say that an increase in the mutation rate of 200 to 300% above historical normal is something one might want to start looking into. The factors:
A) natural mutation just by chance at this time ( low probability based on several decades of ebola data)
B) higher background radiation than normal ( it's a fact there are boat loads of hot particles due to Fuku,and radiation mutates bacteria and disease at an accelerated rate)
C) It's a man made Variant. For the kind of people that would shuffle Fuku under the rug, dusting a bunch of Africans for the same agenda would not cause them to bat an eyelash

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I wonder how many cases are going to just vanish into thin air. So many things are blowing on the winds of apathy today why not this also. TPTB control the media and even are moving into comment sections and forums like this. They push whatever agenda is necessary to the cause and curb the flow of information.

What I do find strangest of all is the common non conspiracy minded people are really not buying the official story this time around. They are questioning this as a conspiracy minded person would. It is kinda freaky.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The facts stands as we choose to interpret them.
The trouble is, instead of considering the "facts", you are selective in what you chose to interpret. You select one statement by someone you call an expert, then ignore the rest if it doesn't fit your interpretation.

Facts are facts and only truth is subjective. So many people today put forward truth as fact. I must admit it can be down right hard to see the thin line that divides the two.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

...(snip)

Facts are facts and only truth is subjective. So many people today put forward truth as fact. I must admit it can be down right hard to see the thin line that divides the two.

Certainly in the history of information transformation ( as in reporting on ebola ) "...truth is subjective..." may seem to be observational , but in the absolute sense,
TRUTH is not subjective in any way shape or form ,
TRUTH IS REALITY .
Facts are not always truth. FACTS are a sum of human knowledge that is agreed upon as 'true' by an academic group ( notice not a majority of humanity),these 'facts' are routinely proven false by time and observation. therefore truth IS REALITY whereas 'FACTS' are merely the current common perception of reality...hence truth .

For any one of us we only glimpse the ghost of truth as the million variables ( themselves clearly resolved beyond individual perception ) we did not see thunder past our perceptions, for the most part it takes group participation to define what is actually true...how many blind hands in the box know they are touching an elephant?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

I wonder how many cases are going to just vanish into thin air. So many things are blowing on the winds of apathy today why not this also. TPTB control the media... They push whatever agenda is necessary to the cause and curb the flow of information.

A contributor on Forbes (reporting on the new suspected case at Duke University Medical Center in North Carolina) said this today:

The Associated Press and other press outlets have agreed not to report on suspected cases of Ebola in the United States until a positive viral RNA test is completed. But I’m covering tonight’s announcement of a potential Ebola case because it has been reported in my area, and at Duke University Medical Center, an institution where I hold an unpaid adjunct associate professor appointment in their Department of Medicine.

SOURCE: Forbes

Since we have previously been told by the media and the CDC that only a tiny fraction of suspected cases are actually tested for Ebola, you can probably draw your own conclusions.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Silverlok

Here is a thing I think about the mutation rate:

It is directly proportional to the DNA with which it is interacting on a sustained basis.

Soficrow has some wonderful threads on the mutation aspect of the virus amd has shown that since the index case, has been human to human with no addition from zoonotic sources. Thus there have probabaly been quadrillions of chances to mutate and adapt to humans as a host.

Actual cases are thought to be somewhere between 2 and 5 times higher than reported cases and the levelling and drop off of numbers in some places is attributed to an inability to record data at all.

All of the above paragraph can be verified in ikonoklast's excellent graph thread.

Lots of aspects to this little bit of genetic code, eh?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join