It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Patients Disappearing Weaponized to Spread Like Flu Medical Staff Being Threatened To Shut Up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
My healthcare provided emailed us all about ebola. Guess no one threatened them.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: StopThaZionistWorldOrder

as soon as I saw the thread title I knew this wreaked of Alex Jones .. He is notorious for exaggerating things to extreme levels.. he's also has a hefty history for flat out lying and inventing "sources" ... Very few things Alex has "revealed" have ever been shown to be true.

Keep in mind that what this Dr. is saying is hearsay.. He's just relaying stuff others have told him.. so no matter how reputable this doctor may be, we know nothing about his sources or how reputable THEY are... there's also no evidence to back up anything he's said. Now on top of that let's throw in some common sense .. if they are disappearing patients they would not be able to keep that from friends and family members.. Uncle joe was admitted yesterday, but now he's gone! *gasp* ... it makes no sense ... I doubt they are disappearing entire families and close friends.

Akex Jones lies..

For people who want more:

Alex Jones is a character... he wants those views, he wants that traffic to his website because he gets ad revenue.. he wants people to buy from his store... the more popular he gets the more money he makes... to do that he has to be as creative as possible with his made up stories and theories... people eat that stuff up
edit on 10/24/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

But unfortunately, this is not just on Alex Jones, the disappearances that is. It made Drudge and Fox today, please don't bother making fun of Drudge and Fox, it takes up valuable ATS space and only ends in bickering that derails threads.

There is another thread I referenced earlier that has been talking about disappearances and wondering if anyone else knew about them long before the media got wind of it.

The weaponization of Ebola, well, for now, I think that is a stretch, but not the disappearances, there is too much chatter from people saying they heard it happened in their area before it was discussed in the media.

Check my post at the end of page one for the link to the other thread where people are concerned about disappearances.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Alex Jones isnt all bad just most. He may have said some truthful things to catch us in his net then spin a wild story that we believe due to his truthfull intent at first but the end is much different from the begining.
Like I said I dont completely discredit him only about 70% but there is still 40% in there that throws us off.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Weaponization of Ebola, Disappearing families, Medical Staff threats! Lots of huge claims with zero evidence. Seems like a lot of footwork to keep all that on the hush hush. I'm just gonna go with a little common sense.

How many known cases of Ebola are in the U.S.? There are 3 as of yesterday...source:CDC Source

There are way more threads about ebola on this site alone than there are actual confirmed cases in the U.S.

Weaponization of Ebola sources:
Scientific American

They seem to put this into a more believable perspective

Medical Staff threats related to Ebola sources:

???? Maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Disappearing families due to ebola sources:
Liberian Patients
Missouri Patients

I don't trust either of these sites. There was a youtube video I didn't even bother to link.

Overall, lots of wild claims, fear mongering, attention grabbing whatever you wanna call it. I'm not going for it.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus

There was another thread that had this and as I worked up a reply to someone the thread got deleted before I could submit *facepalm* ..

I was replying to someone who mentioned that you can only get Ebola by direct contact of bodily fluids and that we live in a society that can live with AIDS, so we can live with Ebola.. I had to address it because some people are a little under informed about it and the key phrase "can only catch it by the direct contact of bodily fluid" is a little misleading.. I think that makes people think that they have to have blood splatter in their eyes or mouth.

1. Ebola CAN be transmitted by coughing and sneezing.. Ebola is found in mucus and saliva so when an infected person coughs or sneezes, anyone in proximity is at risk if it is inhaled or one of those droplets hits their eyes.. Keep in mind sneezes travel very fast and can cover a surprising distance.

2. Ebola can survive several days on surfaces if the conditions are good.. in other words, if it's out of direct sunlight and it's room temperature. If the environment isn't ideal it can still survive several hours. What does this mean? well if an Ebola infected person coughs or sneezes and those droplets land on a table or something, that table can be contaminated for days.. if someone comes in contact with that contamination ( does not have to be fluid at this point! ) ... and then they rub their eyes, they are at serious risk.

MYTH: Ebola is only contagious when the person is symptomatic..

This is misleading.. The person can still be contagious even before the onset of symptoms.. However the reason this is usually said is because it's FAR more likely to be transmitted when symptoms set in because that's when the viral count in the body is peaking and the virus is being shed from the body in higher amounts.. That and symptoms often include ways that increase the likelihood of body fluids coming in contact with another person..

It's more likely when symptomatic BECAUSE of the symptoms which include:

Nausea and severe vomiting
Diarrhea
Red eyes
Raised rash
Chest pain and COUGH
Stomach pain
Weight loss
Bleeding from the eyes, ears, nose and rectum

There's multiple sites that discuss how Ebola can be contagious before being symptomatic but I figured i'd just pick one..

Recent studies however, indicate that even in the earlier stages of the Ebola infection, the virus can be present on the surface of the skin of the person who is infected with the virus (either through secretions of sweat through the skin, or in the later stages of the disease - through the virus escaping through the skin cells).

Source: www.brettrussell.com...

No this is not my site... so it states the virus can be found on the skin of an infected person.. so if you have say, a cut on your hand or something along those lines.. shaking the hand of an infected, non-symptomatic person is highly unlikely, but definitely possible.. especially if they have sweaty hands like some people do... Keep in mind that this also means an infected individuals clothing is probably contaminated before they are symptomatic.. it also means surfaces they've touched could potentially be contaminated ( due to sweat ) .. so people need to understand the truth.

NOT FEAR MONGERING .. I'm not even slightly panicked about Ebola myself, however, I think it's very important that people understand how Ebola is transmitted and not just thinking it means they have to touch their blood or bodily fluids directly to be at risk..

And lastly... the person made the AIDS comment... you can't get AIDS from Kissing or being sneezed on .. but you CAN get Ebola from both.. That and our treatment of HIV has become so advanced at this point that most people who contract HIV will never get AIDS from it..

That was me that wrote that post and I am not getting this information from hysterical internet posters.

First, the reality check: More Americans have married Kim Kardashian — three — than contracted Ebola in the U.S. The two Dallas nurses who came down with Ebola were infected while treating a Liberian man, who became infected in West Africa. The New York doctor who has tested positive for Ebola had been treating people in West Africa.

Still, schools have been closed, people shunned and members of Congress have demanded travel bans and other dramatic action — even though health officials keep stressing that the disease is only spread through direct contact with bodily fluids from an infected person, and the risk to Americans is extremely low.

That’s because Ebola pushes every fear button in our instincts, making us react more emotionally than rationally, experts say.

LINK

A professor at Simon Fraser University explicitly said that even if you got the fluids from an ebola patient on your skin, it needs to breach your skin before it can infect someone. He was very clear on that point.

And as for my Aids comment , we survived from a point where we knew nothing about it to now when it can be managed and it never really broke out of certain demographics that were much more prone to it.

My general rule of thumb: When the MSM tells you to be affraid... don't be. If the MSM tells you there is nothing to worry about... be afraid. It is very simple and fool-proof.

I don't walk around looking for bodily fluids that I can press into an open wound on my body and just because you CAN get ebola that way does not mean I am going to lock myself in the basement over it.

What do YOU think is an acceptable level of caution over this. What do you want us to do? Shut down the global community, don't let any planes come back from Africa which would mean no more supplies for them, should America shut down all the boarders till there isn't a case left on earth.... what do you want that will make you feel better?

edit on 24-10-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Nice post.

It's funny how people think a virus is airborne when it's not.
Airborne simply means the virus can survive in an oxygenated environment free of liquids.

edit on 24-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm glad that this thread did not get too much traction up to now. The following is from a different thread, but it pertains more here:

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: RunForTheHills

That only proves doctors can be crazy conspiracy theorists too. LoL! If people are being "disappeared", where are their family and friends? Where are the whistle-blowing HCWs, besides this guy of course?

IMHO, the whole thing is crazy enough without bringing it to bat crap crazy levels like this doc is doing.

originally posted by: MarkJS
Yes. I'm reserving judgment as well. Coming from A. Jones - the expert sensationalist, even worse than the MSM... meh.

I would think that family and friends would be ringing the bell loud and long if this was happening - for W. Africaners and also for us US people. If this were happening, they might have a gag order, but I think that people would still raise an alarm....

IMHO - no one would complain if TPTB opened up a Ebola 'treatment' centers for victims of Ebola and put them there. In fact, it would probably be a smart move.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

An acceptable level of caution. Do not allow people from hot zones into the US without a 40 day quarantine.

For heavens sake, they do that with dogs in a lot of countries to keep diseases out.

Aren't humans more important?

Ebola is not technically airborne, however it does travel on coughs and sneezes for up to 3 feet from the individual who is infected. In scientific terms that is too short a distance to be classified airborne. (not I'm not providing links, I'm sick and tired of providing links to the same source).

Ebola virus can survive from a cough, sneeze, urine droplet, sweat droplet on most surfaces for 8+ hours, and in cooler conditions than in Africa 15-50 hours. (once again I'm sick of copy/pasting the link and Mods have warned me to stop pasting the same stuff over and over - but I got it from instructions to health care workers in Canada)

You don't have to "swim" in vomit or diarrhea to be exposed. Most flu's take at least a hundred copies of the same virus to infect a person, the ebola virus only takes one prion to infect a person.

So if someone who is symptomatic (like the good Doc) coughs, sneezes or sweats on the subway on the way home from bowling, and doesn't wash his hands or cover his face, technically for the next 8-50 hours anyone who accidentally touches the one little droplet in the subway and then touches his/her face, nose, mouth, eyes can be exposed.

Don't believe me, ok, check it out yourself.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

An acceptable level of caution. Do not allow people from hot zones into the US without a 40 day quarantine.

For heavens sake, they do that with dogs in a lot of countries to keep diseases out.

Aren't humans more important?

Ebola is not technically airborne, however it does travel on coughs and sneezes for up to 3 feet from the individual who is infected. In scientific terms that is too short a distance to be classified airborne. (not I'm not providing links, I'm sick and tired of providing links to the same source).

Ebola virus can survive from a cough, sneeze, urine droplet, sweat droplet on most surfaces for 8+ hours, and in cooler conditions than in Africa 15-50 hours. (once again I'm sick of copy/pasting the link and Mods have warned me to stop pasting the same stuff over and over - but I got it from instructions to health care workers in Canada)

You don't have to "swim" in vomit or diarrhea to be exposed. Most flu's take at least a hundred copies of the same virus to infect a person, the ebola virus only takes one prion to infect a person.

So if someone who is symptomatic (like the good Doc) coughs, sneezes or sweats on the subway on the way home from bowling, and doesn't wash his hands or cover his face, technically for the next 8-50 hours anyone who accidentally touches the one little droplet in the subway and then touches his/her face, nose, mouth, eyes can be exposed.

Don't believe me, ok, check it out yourself.

I did check it out. Who ever passed out those pamphlets to nurses probably did so as recommended by their politician bosses, that want to look proactive and responsible with less than a year till elections.

Medical doctors and professors are not sharing your fright.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You mean proactive like the cdcs irresponsible actions and outright lying in conjunction with the president trying to look busy by appointing a czar w no medical experience????? That kind or proactive?

Please I'll take the word of doctors and nurses and virologists over those media hogs any day of the week

If you want to deny the truth in favor of what you hear on "Good Morning America"
That's your perogative

But I prefer to Err on the side of caution

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

I can think of one medical doctor that was traipsing around NYC recently that should have been sharing her fright.
Maybe he wouldn't have went to Africa and contracted that 'extremely hard to get disease' and brought it back to NY.... and his fiance.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Maybe this thread should be moved to the "Skunk works" or something... then all these "YOU ARE SCARE MONGERING!!- Alex jones blah blah blah... how dare you make a thread to postulate an idea... " Posts can just stop. It certainly isnt helping anything. After all this is ATS.... where else are people supposed to go with wild and crazy ideas?

That said i think its an interesting subject, and entirely possible that people could be going "missing". IDK about the weaponizing or anything.... but I dont think for one bit it out of the realm of possibilty that our govt would orchestrate, behind the scenes, to "whisk" people away and out of the spotlight if they suspected an ebola case... or knew it was a positive one. To white-wash the media. We know they are capable of it. Im sure they have had plans on file for many years on what to do in just this case. And 20 back up plans/scenarios on how to keep the public from knowing and mass hysteria to happen.

Ebola isnt good for business. It scares people, and rightfully so. Every time someone with Ebola has been announced look at what happens to the stock markets... everyone gets un easy. What happens when an ebola patient is known to have visited somewhere? People stay away...

It all boils down to money and politics, i believe. I think it would be easier to slowly "pick off" people who have been diagnosed and take them away than deal with the chaos that would ensue if we knew there were actually a large amount of Ebola patients in the US. Even if its being contained and there are no secondary infections, it wouldnt matter.

Its inevitable that we will continue to see more cases here and elsewhere until this outbreak is gotten under control at the source.

edit on 583154507pm31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

edit on 003129508pm31America/Chicagov by itswhatev because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

The test takes about 7 days, that is just too long to wait for diseases like that, I can no tell you where the case was located but so far all test has comeback negative, now the tuberculosis is just something that is on going.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

I know people are trying to compare ebola with HIV when both while has sprouted from the same area and time, ebola is a diseases that will kill without proper treatment and you can not live with it, HIV can be long term with proper treatment, two different viruses and different symptoms.

Ebola and HIV are not the same.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

You mean proactive like the cdcs irresponsible actions and outright lying in conjunction with the president trying to look busy by appointing a czar w no medical experience????? That kind or proactive?

Please I'll take the word of doctors and nurses and virologists over those media hogs any day of the week

If you want to deny the truth in favor of what you hear on "Good Morning America"
That's your perogative

Still though, have just as many Americans married Kim Kardashian than contracted ebola?

Are there not more pressing dangers to be cautious about?
edit on 24-10-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MGaddafi
a reply to: grandmakdw

about 70% but there is still 40% in there that throws us off.

You mean 30%, right?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It wasn't a pamphlet to nurses.

It was a directive from the Canadian CDC to laboratory and health workers, complete with lots of big medical words.

I'd repost it but the mods get upset when I keep doing that to prove my point.

If the mods approve, I'll repost it, if they don't, then tough, don't believe me, but it's true.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

That's your perogative

Still though, have just as many Americans married Kim Kardashian than contracted ebola?

Are there not more pressing dangers to be cautious about?

Lol ok I'll give you that one .......

I think you're premise that the systematic dumbing down of Americans through television is more of a threat at the moment then ebola is at this stage....

I can't say I don't concur

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
originally posted by: MALBOSIA

A professor at Simon Fraser University explicitly said that even if you got the fluids from an ebola patient on your skin, it needs to breach your skin before it can infect someone. He was very clear on that point.

Awhile back Dr. Sanjay Gupta put chocolate syrup on his PPE, took it off and ended up with syrup on his wrist/neck and I think his forearm.

He said exposed skin on the neck worried him because men shave. Extra precautions should be taken with an open cut but in his opinion shaved skin would be just as vulnerable.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join