It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG James Spader is Ultron!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

You don't see James Spader, just his voice so if this movie was going to be turned into a chick flick it would be for Robert Downey Jr or Chris Hemsworth. Those guys are considered hotties and you get to actually see them and their hot bodies move

It's got the hot guys to appeal to the girlfriend and the violence, explosions and straight up bad assness that guys like so it's a win win movie.

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Here you go. This is his interview regarding the motion capture stuff.

What's really cool is he was live on set with the other actors as they filmed it.

"When you first meet Ultron, his physicality is very different to what he evolves to. It was in the script but we arrived at the metamorphosis of him on the set. In practice, in rehearsals ... We were able to create the physicality of the character on the motion-capture stage. They would dot me up and I was wearing a helmet that had two cameras on my face, and they could live stream it to a monitor so we could try different things. Then I'd go and shoot the scene with the other actors and they're recording all of it, including my voice. 9 times out of 10 they were not using ADR (additional dialogue recording) after the fact."

James Spader Interview

posted on Oct, 28 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Man, hulkbuster, that alone....I am hooked.

Thank you Marvel for not letting Hollywood reinvent what you painstakingly made over decades. DC could learn from your success.
edit on 10 28 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Get it while it's up!

m.youtube.com...

#spoilers#

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

a tad bit hard to hear at some points and a tad annoying see a silhouette of a guy but meh that's what happens when you're being sneaky.

I liked the part where Captain America torn the wood in half

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Wait until you see Marvel do movies on minor hero characters like "Dr. Strange" and "Howard the Duck". Talk about over doing it.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

The "Man of Steel" movie with Henry Cavill and directed by Zack Snyder wasn't a bad flick. It was better than the 2006 movie "Superman Returns" with Brandon Routh and directed by Bryan Singer.

Warner should have stayed away from Ben Affleck for any movie franchise. The dude can't act and he's a franchise killer, see Daredevil and the Jack Ryan movie series.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Never get a T.V. actor to star in a major movie franchise. I wouldn't have hired Spader to voice Ultron. I would've used a generic electronic voice synthesizer to voice Ulton because it was a robot. Save money on the movie budget.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Someone wrote a transcript in the comments.

It really gives more questions than answers!

Does it hint at cap 3: civil war where stark will be the antagonist?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

Not sure if you watch 'The BlackList' but James Spader has gotten the reputation for a smooth but very powerful talker.

With how much money is coming into this franchise, they can afford to hire James Spader for the voice. It will add so much more to the character than just a synthesized electronic voice.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I disagree. I think Ultron's voice shouldn't be a human voice at all. Before "The Blacklist" what was James Spader doing in the early 21st century for work?

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Why wouldn't Ultron have a semi-human voice? We as a culture already design our artificial voices to sound like human voices because we respond better to them and are more comfortable. Although they aren't perfect, they are a far cry from the old completely synthetic voices. Any A.I. designed, even in a fictional universe, would be designed to sound human.The only reason it would decide to change it's own voice, would have to be for a specific purpose. With the advantages of sounding like us alone countering that easily with examples like hypnotic toned speech patterns or even simply playing on our emotions, deciding to sound like an indecipherable text to speech program from the early 90s seems like bad idea. Also, a quick read on Wiki even says the character has it's A.I. modeled after the brains of various super heroes throughout it's different incarnations, which in itself would create regular human speech patterns into it from it's inception is another good reason as to why Ultron would sound like a human.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Giving Ultron a human voice would render the villainy of the character mote and harmless. I can't suspend my disbelief over the voice of Spader. I grew up reading the comic-book version and I imagined Ultron speaking in an electronic voice. The producers of the franchise didn't need Spader for that.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

James Spader is most known for his characters on Boston Legal (in 101 episodes), Stargate the movie, Lincoln & Secretary.

Other work he has done:

The Office -25 episodes

Shadow of Fear -movie

The Practice -22 episodes

Alien Hunter -movie

I witness -movie

Plus more

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Outstanding catch, maybe both ways..F&S.
If Drake can be Durant (and a great one) anything goes.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

A lot of T.V. work for a supposedly working movie actor.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Right, I forgot that movie stars never got their start on tv shows. Actors/Actresses only go from making movies to making tv shows.

I grew up reading the comic-book version and I imagined Ultron speaking in an electronic voice.

Well as much as you dislike it, as it is known that the majority of people don't like their robots sounding completely like machines or completely like humans, they mixed the two together because they can make more money pleasing the majority than pleasing a few people.

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Will you ever see DeNiro, Hoffman, Julia Roberts, Matt Damon downgrading to T.V. Not likely.

Spader couldn't cut it as a leading man in major films at his prime. He didn't have the "IT" factor. Spader says he wanted to do indie films, but the truth of the matter was he didn't get the choice roles that other more bankable actors got. Spader got stereotyped as the hateful antagonist in his career. He couldn't do comedy or romantic roles because he wasn't versatile enough. Spader didn't win any major awards for his acting ability.

I think it was a mistake to cast an actor to voice the character of Ultron. I'm still going to see the new Avengers movie, but it is not to see Spader

posted on Nov, 1 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

If they really enjoying acting they would switch over to tv when their movie careers were over. It's stupid to think that just because an actor/actress on tv, they are aren't as great of an actor/actress as movie stars.

Here is the top grossing tv actors/actresses this year according to Forbes.

Ashton Kutcher -$26 million
Jon Cryer (tie) -$19 million
Mark Harmon (tie) -$19 million
Neil Patrick Harris -$18 million
Patrick Dempsey (tie) $16 million
Kevin Spacey -$16 million
Tim Allen -$15 million
Simon Baker -$13 million
Jim Parsons -$12 million

It's like saying Gary Sinise is a crappy actor because he's on CSI: New York or any other person on the list (minus Jon Cryer)

Yes back in the day it used to be a career death sentence to go on tv, but these days with the big budgets shows get and the great writers, Actors/Actresses don't mind doing tv shows and movies.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Today's actors won't starve for their craft anymore. They will only perform for the big salaries. They won't perform on a Broadway stage anymore to be classified as a "true" actor.

Most of the actors you listed have failed as movie actors. I won't include Spacey on that list because his show is on Netflix, an internet show which I don't get. He's the only one that won an Oscar, the others thought they were legends in their own minds.

Acting on T.V. is a career death sentence for former movie actors. You think Leonardo DiCaprio will do a reunion show of "Growing Pains"? No way. He'd rather do a reboot of "Boogie Nights"(the role of Dirk Diggler he coveted so much, he regrets turning it down to this day). If actors want to eat or support their addictions, they have to do television.

Man, Kutcher ain't worth 26 mill. Whoever that network executive that gifted Kutcher that much money should be fired or forced to watch the entire T.V. and film career of Aston Kutcher without bathroom breaks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join