It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola patient is in NY

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Actually, both. "Its the economy stupid."
a reply to: queenofswords

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
New York hospital says Health Department is tracing possible contacts of patient being tested for Ebola to identify potential risk - Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY, US

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I am sure you are right. We wouldn't want the Ebola threat to have any effect on the elections. Just so evil and so many ways. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
New York hospital says Health Department is tracing possible contacts of patient being tested for Ebola to identify potential risk - Bellevue Hospital Center, New York, NY, US

Thanks Mr Limpert! I knew ATS would dig through the BS and get to the truth!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RunForTheHills

Here's a bit more.

According to the New York Post, the doctor reported a 103-degree fever and nausea.

The New York City Department of Health confirmed that a patient who had recently traveled in Africa was being tested for Ebola at Bellevue Hospital in Manhattan. Test results are expected within the next 12 hours.

CBS New York confirmed the patient is in his mid-30s and is an employee of Doctors Without Borders.

Mid-30's ~~~~ Indicates it might be the same person as mentioned in the OP.

link

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I think that is a very good question and we all would like to have an answer to that.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Our hospital put Ebola info in the doctor's lounge. Docs and the hospital are to call the CDC immediately if a patient presents with ebola symptoms. It's not impossible that cases have been covered up in the short-term, but it'll be hard, if not impossible, to bury every case. Social media is an unstoppable force in its own way. If cases have been muffled, will we see Ebolagate? Surely even an Ebola-ignorant Czar knows the outcome--if dozens of Typhoid Marys are flitting around, will the country be too sick--or frightened--to care about a cover-up? The government won't care. Never has. Never will.

edit on 23-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

IF, big huge IF the government is hiding Ebola patients, rounding them up and taking them "somewhere" secret.

IF it is true and comes out to be true, that will be the absolute end of the Democratic Party. Because it will all fall squarely on the Obama administration. I hope they realize that they are going to destroy themselves if there is a coverup going on, because coverups last a while, maybe even a few years, but eventually, when they come out, the group(s) responsible for the coverups are in deep deep trouble with the American people who won't forgive or forget.

I believe there is a coverup of the emerging cases of Ebola, but I'm not so sure about the physical abduction of Ebola patients. That would be so egress as to warrant thousands of years of scorn and hatred toward those who do it.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

newyork.cbslocal.com...

This was posted today.

Sources tell CBS 2 EMS crews picked up Dr. Craig Spencer just after noon today.
Sources told 1010 WINS he was rushed from a building on West 147th Street.
“Today, EMS HAZ TAC Units transferred to Bellevue Hospital who presented a fever and gastrointestinal symptoms,” New York City officials said in a statement. “The patient is a health care worker who returned to the U.S. within the past 21 days from one of the three countries currently facing the outbreak of this virus.”
Spencer, who is a physician in his 30s and works with Doctors Without Borders, came back a week ago from Guinea, where he is believed to have been treating Ebola patients.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

We took our daughter to the clinic yesterday and they asked us, after apologizing for having to do so, if any (and yes, I confirmed she meant all of us, not just our daughter) were having any the following symptoms:

Fever
Severe headache
Joint and muscle aches
Chills
Weakness
Nausea and/or vomiting
Diarrhea
Red eyes
Raised rash
Chest pain and cough
Stomach pain

We got the same question each time we spoke with someone at a computer terminal, the receptionist, the doctor, and again at checkout.

Kind of makes me wonder what happens if you answer "yes."
edit on 23-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing that to light for us MrLimpet!
Another doctor. Well this is probably good news (for us). Only those who have come into close contact with the disease during the later stages of infection seem to show up with symtpoms here in the west. And those people are usually doctors who have sense enough to keep themselves in isolation when they feel symptoms of an infection coming on. And it seems its a lot harder to catch ebola than many have imagined.

If this 1 Ebola patient in New York is kept in quarantine and he kept himself in isolation relatively soon after feeling the first symptoms there is perhaps very little to worry about. But until we know all the details, it would be better to play it safe and wear protective gear, like gloves etc out and about in public.
a reply to: MrLimpet

edit on 23-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: funkadeliaaaa
Thanks for bringing that to light for us MrLimpet!

Another doctor. Well this is probably good news (for us). Only those who have come into close contact with the disease during the later stages of infection seem to show up with symtpoms here in the west. And those people are usually doctors who have sense enough to keep themselves in isolation when they feel symptoms of an infection coming on. a reply to: MrLimpet

Yeah, I don't know about that. I just heard they were taking this case seriously because he was not in self-quarantine. He was out in public and was also around his girlfriend.

So much for being a smart doctor...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

New York would be as bad if not worse than getting Ebola getting out of control in Texas. I agree with you, he may have infected his girlfriend as well.
edit on 23-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: no reason

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Of all people, you would think or hope that a doctor would know better.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I am sure that made you feel really safe knowing they are questioning everyone that comes in now if they have Ebola symptoms. That in itself would make me very uncomfortable. Hope your daughter didn't have to stay and she is ok.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet Of all people, you would think or hope that a doctor would know better.

After all that is in their line of work to understand and to know how to prevent the spread of this disease.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet

Of all people, you would think or hope that a doctor would know better.

It doesn't seem to be the case. We also have Dr. Nancy Snyderman, the NBC chief medical reporter who broke her quarantine, as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

I believe there is a coverup of the emerging cases of Ebola, but I'm not so sure about the physical abduction of Ebola patients. That would be so egress as to warrant thousands of years of scorn and hatred toward those who do it.

I agree and you make very valid points, but the american people seem to forget after a little while. I really do not think it would be that easy for them to cover it up either but I am still trying to figure out just what is the new czars job. I have many questions and I have learned from ATS, never to take anything you hear or see as the true fact!
Thanks grandmakdw you are very informational on your responses here on ATS,
edit on 23-10-2014 by RunForTheHills because: no reason

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Okay, thats bad news. I just read the article:

Sources said Spencer went bowling last night in Williamsburg and took an Uber car to get there and back, 1010 WINS’ Carol D’Auria reported.

SPECULATION: Its possible he had symptoms but didnt feel it until after the bowling due to endorphines in his blood that night. Ive been bowling, and i know how it can make you sweat.

“As per the specific guidelines that Doctors Without Borders provides its staff on their return from Ebola assignments, the individual engaged in regular health monitoring and reported this development immediately.

It says he reported symptoms immediately, but considering he went bowling the night before, theres every reason to suspect he mentally supressed the early stage symtpoms when he first felt them that night. That bowling alley should be closed immediately and decontaminated.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Makes you wonder if they think they are immune to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join