It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm a Hazmat-Trained Hospital Worker: Here's What No One Is Telling You About Ebola

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

originally posted by: Sabiduria

originally posted by: charles1952
And the three thousand or so soldiers who are being taught one four hour class in groups of fifty? How well trained are they?

My guess is well trained, after all

The procedure for this is taught in FEMA courses, and you run drills with a buddy over and over again until you get it right.

I would also like to know how you know that each class has 50 people in it.

Trained and experienced are not the same thing.

I just hope that these young men know this.

I doubt very well trained at all. From what I read from news articles, they had a 4 hour course. It's very easy to forget stuff from 4 hours of course and video work.

Soldiers get 4 hours Ebola Training

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biotech2024
a reply to: Anyafaj

I asked if the above pic represents the gear worn in US Hospitals, I was informed yes.

This is what should be provided to anyone who volunteers or is drafted to work with Ebola patients.

US Army investigated how Ebola behaves in cold weather. It has transmission characteristics similar to seasonal flu. This is what worries me. The training and gear is insufficient and is not enough if things truly get out of hand.

I ordered the above suit, should come in in 3 days,.. I'm going to pass out candy in it this Friday.

That first pic is absolutely ridiculous what is a paper mask going to protect if you got ebola virus sneezed all over your face?? You would get ebola virus just getting out of all that crap. The full suit you can step into a shower. The water could also be treated with a killing agent like purex or something. The vids of them taping the rubber glove around the wrist is a big no no. Those latex gloves are not as strong as the blue or green thick gloves. Seriously though If you have to tape to make a seal then you're not wearing the proper gear plain and simple.
edit on 26-10-2014 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

Yep spray it all over the car door handle, then you come along and touch the door handle. Dog comes along drinks from it comes up and licks your face. Kids come out and play in the water barefoot.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: sean

originally posted by: Biotech2024
a reply to: Anyafaj

I asked if the above pic represents the gear worn in US Hospitals, I was informed yes.

This is what should be provided to anyone who volunteers or is drafted to work with Ebola patients.

US Army investigated how Ebola behaves in cold weather. It has transmission characteristics similar to seasonal flu. This is what worries me. The training and gear is insufficient and is not enough if things truly get out of hand.

I ordered the above suit, should come in in 3 days,.. I'm going to pass out candy in it this Friday.

That first pic is absolutely ridiculous what is a paper mask going to protect if you got ebola virus sneezed all over your face?? You would get ebola virus just getting out of all that crap. The full suit you can step into a shower. The water could also be treated with a killing agent like purex or something. The vids of them taping the rubber glove around the wrist is a big no no. Those latex gloves are not as strong as the blue or green thick gloves. Seriously though If you have to tape to make a seal then you're not wearing the proper gear plain and simple.

this is the gear they expect the healthcare workers in USA to wear. The top pic, not second pic, the CDC set double standards. CDC wears Level A Hazmat suit, yet they are okay with healthcare workers wearing make shift hazmat suit.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

If a worker dresses like that and deals with ebola virus on a regular basis I can guarantee you they will get it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join