It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

quotes like a compass needle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Are there quotes which inspire you right now? I would be interested in reading them....

These ones ..give me direction right now:

"This moment is all that you ever have, but people don't live like it. They are looking for self definition in the past and hope from the future. The Present moment is all that is or ever will be."

"You are very adept at word-games. While I am talking about knowledge that ist beyond this phenomenal world, you are trying to understand through wordly concepts and words. Give up all these concepts and inquire into the nature of your beingness."

"Whatever you understand you cannot be that. Whatever you experience is not you. In this matter, you will not satisfy your itch by talking."

"Attention: through feeling and bodily surrender must come the attention"

" To deal with things knowledge of things is needed. To deal with
people, you need insight, sympathy. To deal with yourself, you need
nothing. Be what you are--conscious being--and don't stray away from
yourself.”

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Never let school get in the way of your education.

Twain

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
"You know what? I'm 26 years old. I've been to the Moon, and Mars, and Venus. I've slept with asteroid gypsies, broken sloats, fought with the eighth insurgency on Forest. I shot a man on Khargu because he needed to die more than any I've ever met. I repaired three rocket tubes with a wrench and a knife while hanging upside down over Titan during the syzygy. I'm 26 years old and my life is over now. So direct me please to the man who'll sell me a gun and the place where my dad was shot dead in his sleep, for I have business to attend to before I lay down in my grave."

"The capacity to blunder slightly is the real marvel of DNA. Without this special attribute, we would still be anaerobic bacteria and there would be no music."

"If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it's probably just a tool of the conspiracy"

kallisti

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men’s views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organised, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.
– Woodrow Wilson, 28th President of the United States

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Man gets tired, spirit don't.
Man surrenders, spirit won't.

He who looks outside, dreams. He who looks inside, awakens.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn professional.

It doesn't take a lot of strength to hang on. It takes a lot of strength to let go.

Nature loves courage. Make the commitment, and nature will respond to that commitment by removing impossible obstacles. Dream the impossible dream and the world will not grind you under, it will lift you up.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

"To gain your own voice, you have to forget about having it heard" —Allen Ginsberg

"Our heads are round so thought can change direction" —Allen Ginsberg

"Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness" - Ginsberg

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A wounded deer leaps the highest."
- Emily Dickinson

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere" - Carl Sagan

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known" - Carl Sagan

"Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves." - Carl Sagan

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

“Yes: I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.”

Oscar Wilde

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The Dream is Always...
~Tangerine Dream

Though I fly through the Valley of Death I shall fear no evil for I am at 80,000ft and climbing.
~?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau The Mind Is The Source Of All Happiness And Unhappiness. Sometimes Your Joy Is The Source Of Your Smile But Sometimes Your Smile Is The Source Of Your Joy.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Wei Wu Wei one the Open Secret:

"Are you still thinking, looking, living, as from an imaginary phenomenal centre?
As long as you do that you can never recognise your freedom. "

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived."

“Why are you unhappy?
Because 99.9 percent of everything you think, and of everything you do, is for yourself—and there isn’t one.”

"Only an object can suffer, but phenomenally subject and object, being one whole, spin like a coin so that the intervals between pile et face (heads and tails) are imperceptible. Consequently pain, or pleasure, appear to be continual.

Noumenally, on the contrary, there is no object to suffer pain or pleasure. Noumenon is invulnerable, and cannot be otherwise. Noumenon is the unmanifested aspect of what we, sentient beings, are: Phenomenon is our manifestation.”

We do not possess an 'ego'.
We are possessed by the idea of one.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
If You Want To Help Other People Practice Compassion. If You Want To Help Yourself Practice Compassion.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
No matter where you go, there you are.

It's geographical so it's perfect. Compass. Right?
edit on 10/25/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
When life gives you lemons - make lemonade. Then find someone who's life have given them vodka...
~Ron White

top topics

join