It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drugmakers to join forces to make millions of Ebola vaccine doses

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

The thing is that a vaccine doesn't generally work once you're already sick. A vaccine primes your immune system by challenging it so it can repel future challenges that would otherwise be extremely bad for you. Giving you a vaccine while your immune system is already under extreme duress is only going to introduce more stress it doesn't need.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
So let's see is there a cure now for Ebola?? define exactly what a vaccine is and does. Is it 100 % effective ?? and if not then why the hell should i expose myself to it just in case? no thanks ill pass
But i believe the enfoldment is on schedule: rollout- obamacare rollout -deadly virus rollout quarantine/swat rollout vaccine
am i overreacting or am i the only one that sees the bigger picture here?? there s alot of other elements in play as well

I agree totally that there are other elements in play here. This has all been planned behind closed doors, and we are all probably going to suffer, from something more coming!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Why are they producing millions of doses?

Did I miss a memo?

I thought the cases were decreasing and it wasn't a concern any longer.

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Great question. But seeing as the CDC predicted 1.4M cases in Africa by January....

posted on Oct, 22 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Before this outbreak, the vaccine companies weren't doing anything about Ebola or any of the other rare tropical diseases. Many hated them for doing nothing. Now that it nearly spread over to Europe and the USA, they suddenly see the potential revenue earnings, and are now going to start doing research. Now many hate them for doing something.

At least when they do tackle one extremely difficult hard problem, that practice and experience makes everything else simpler.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
NYTimes story just now...

Without Lucrative Market, Potential Ebola Vaccine Was Shelved for Years

Mmmhmm. We know. We knew in August or before. Gotta love our media.

Drugmakers may need indemnity for fast-tracked Ebola vaccines

Of course they need indemnity, and desparate people will grant them that.
edit on 10/23/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Leaked documents reveal behind-the-scenes Ebola vaccine issues

Extensive background documents from a meeting that took place today at the World Health Organization (WHO) have provided new details about exactly what it will take to test, produce, and bankroll Ebola vaccines, which could be a potential game changer in the epidemic. ScienceInsider obtained materials that vaccinemakers, governments, and WHO provided to the 100 or so participants at a meeting on “access and financing” of Ebola vaccines. The documents put hard numbers on what until now have been somewhat fuzzy academic discussions. And they make clear to the attendees—who include representatives from governments, industry, philanthropies, and nongovernmental organizations—that although testing and production are moving forward at record speed, knotty issues remain..........

Some interesting facts and numbers.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: joho99
Hmmm. Very interesting article right there. Thank you.

Earlier discussions suggested that efficacy trials should recruit health care workers and first-line responders like those who do burials or track contacts of known infected people.

And this...

GSK estimates (see table below, and here) that it will have 24,000 doses of its vaccine ready by January for the efficacy trials. If it cranks up production to full capacity before the those trials are complete, the company could have 230,000 doses available in April, and then could steadily increase capacity to produce more than 1 million doses a month by December 2015.

...doesn't make it sound like they think this is going to end anytime soon.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Was thinking the same thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
i knew it...i should have majored in chemistry and focused on vaccines for my lifes work...where did it all go wrong...all the fear i could have made money from...what was i thinking going into horticulture

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
i knew it...i should have majored in chemistry and focused on vaccines for my lifes work...where did it all go wrong...all the fear i could have made money from...what was i thinking going into horticulture

Atleast you still have your dignity and that is worth more than what they will make off these vaccines!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
Hmmm. Very interesting article right there. Thank you.

Earlier discussions suggested that efficacy trials should recruit health care workers and first-line responders like those who do burials or track contacts of known infected people.

And this...

GSK estimates (see table below, and here) that it will have 24,000 doses of its vaccine ready by January for the efficacy trials. If it cranks up production to full capacity before the those trials are complete, the company could have 230,000 doses available in April, and then could steadily increase capacity to produce more than 1 million doses a month by December 2015.

Your right, obviously they could be seeing that there could be a global scale outbreak of this very soon, or they are just cashing in on the fact that billions of people will be wanting that vaccine after all of the hype and fear mongering in previous weeks and they know they better be quick before they miss their chance and the virus dies out or something, who really knows.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

I would not take it regardless.

They want relief of liability for good reason.

But i have no idea how the masses would think.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
And there it is ... WHO Says Millions of Ebola Vaccines Ready in 2015

The World Health Organization says millions of doses of two experimental Ebola vaccines could be ready for use in 2015 and five more experimental vaccines will start being tested in March.

Still, the agency warned it's not clear whether any of these will work against the deadly virus that has already killed at least 4,877 people this year in West Africa. ...

Trials of those two most advanced vaccines —one developed by GlaxoSmithKline in cooperation with the U.S. National Institutes of Health, the other developed by the Canadian Public Health Agency — have already begun in the U.S., U.K. and Mali.

Gotta wonder what's in those vaccinations ... they usually take a long time to come up with but these sprung up almost overnight.

edit on 10/24/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yep. Had them on the shelf...no takers.

But now people are almost scared enough to start lining up for their shots. A few more months of fear-mongering and that million doses by January might go quick.

With immunity for the pharmas too

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
And now you should all know the truth about Ebola fear mongering..

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
And now you should all know the truth about Ebola fear mongering..

This has always been the number one suspect in my mind.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join