It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ok, it can't be Ebola, the CDC algorithm says so

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

My husband handles the towns bodily fluids. It can live for too long on surfaces and way too long in fluids for me to feel comfortable with this. They have not been provided with any kind of training or equipment to even address the issue. It takes so little of the virus to infect someone that it is not far fetched for him to contact it somehow, if it's here, and come home to hug a little one, and for that little one who just touched the back of his coat to put his hands in his mouth.

I agree that there is nothing to worry about, if it's not here. If it is, then more precautions need to be taken to KEEP people safe. I can't well spray my husband with bleach as he comes home everyday.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Call the CDC, the Governors office, your mayor, your congressperson, state senators office, your newspaper...raise a big ol stink.

The CDC is a joke right now, their algorithm says it can't be Ebola! Come on!

edit on 21-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Here's something that is less than encouraging from the OP's article:

Davis added that CPH has been working on the training to handle outbreaks like this and this event was a good learning opportunity.

Good learning opportunity? Sounds like they took a page from the CDC's playbook.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

So far so good. I have made one contact. ATS is working so far too it sounds like. I talked to my honey at lunch, and the pot is being stirred.

And that was pretty much my reaction as well, what a joke. The CDC has proven themselves useless, they can't even follow their own protocol! I personally believe they should be fired since they can't do their job, but that goes for most of our government agencies.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Good work

It's got to be beyond frustrating. I can't understand why a test wouldn't be preformed at the very least.

The shiny new Ebola Czar, Ron Klain did say that the worlds biggest problem is "overpopulation" and that comment is more than a little frightening.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I saw that earlier, it sends shivers down my spine. The timing between his appointment and most of the news going quiet was quite the coincidence too.

I hope they get the testing situation figured out. Then I hope they chose to be honest with us. Something tells me that they just have a hard time with that one in general.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Occurs is impeccable, Obama was drill into getting an Ebola hack I mean Czar by his political party, the Ebola hack I mean Czar is pure political position, to sugar coat and hide facts.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Any updates? How are you and your husband holding out...and the guy who was ill?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Oh geez.......just reading this now thanks to poster above..........Do I keep going to work? Yes, I have no freaking choice....I didn't think it would land this close to home so soon. Winter is upon us now, no running off into the woods now. Acceptance, turning the page, moving on......(yes that is from blended)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

There is nothing. Everyone is going about life as if nothing happened. People seemed to shift the conversation to Facebook. At this point I'm going to assume it wasn't Ebola. Everyone is so caught up in winter showing up and the elections next week that it dropped right off the radar. It's really frustrating actually, because no matter what I just came up against a brick wall. The topic of the chamber of commerce luncheon is so much more important after all. End sarcasm.

I thank you for your concern as far as we go. My husband is now using his PPE more often, as well as taking other precautions. I pretty much told him that if he gets sick then he's living in the camper for 21 days. It still stresses me out that we really just don't know, but the more time goes by the easier I am able to breathe.

I promise that I will add information if any comes available, or if any new possibilities pop up.
edit on 29-10-2014 by woodsmom because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Makes you feel really cozy huh? I figure at this point, it can't be the case or the person would have gotten worse by now. It still bothers me that there wasn't more information available. Hopefully the state chooses to bring some testing capabilities in. All we can do is be ready to take care of our families. The more prepared families in the area ultimately would also mean more stability for the communities if something ever does happen. If you hear anything, please update us here too!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Well, I don't even know what to think anymore. Either this is a sick joke, or they really are keeping information from us. I found this post this morning on Craigslist. I know it's not the best source in the world, but it's how I keep up n small town gossip without being on Facebook.

Ebola in Kenai AK

This woman is saying that her husband has contracted Ebola, the first in the community. Maybe the person who puked up blood at the clinic was infected after all. My boys were up all night puking, so it may take me a bit to do some digging. ( I'm only glad they feel better this morning or I would be fully freaking out)

If any other site members or my local community members have anyway of verifying, please please help!!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

It's probably not Ebola your family has. Just be sure and keep a close eye on them and seek medical help as soon as it becomes necessary

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Oh how sad....I feel for the Craig's list poster. ...and you woods mom! How scary! ... By th way, I'm not sure if this will help you, but Nostradamus cured his Black Plague victims with garlic cloves and rose petals. That was his was of vitamin c and a garlic/immune booster. At one point the CD c said Ebola was the Black Plague , but haven't heard much on it since..... I have been told a few garlic cloves = a small dose of penicillian. ...although I don't believe your kids have Ebola because they are getting better...but if there is Ebola in your town you may want to pump up on consuming garlic and vitamin c. Just make sure you lightly roast the garlic cloves first or parch/par boil them to kill any existing bacteria in the garlic. There are sites on ATS to make liposmal vitamin c if you need too! Just an FYI! Hope it helps.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: nukedog

I know my family doesn't have it. It's just a crappy coincidence that they were up all night puking.

I'm digging to the best of my ability. I have lit a few fires under a few rears this morning hoping to smoke out some info. I hope it's all just a very sick joke.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I appreciate that! I have all sorts of goodies and we are in the middle of a major healthy change in our lives anyway. I have already made the decision to continue to live my life, albeit with a lot more hand sanitizer in public. I'm in a bit of shock though, I had honestly written this off as an overreaction. In contacting people this morning, I actually had one friend confirm that they had a sick Liberian patient in our local hospital, though he was assured that there's no Ebola. She didn't acknowledge this possible patient. I would love to believe that this is a terrible joke, but that's the first confirmation I have heard of the original patient being from Liberia. I don't know what to believe anymore. There are just too many hints of cover ups. Has anyone heard from any of the disappearing patients from across the country?

I just don't like it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Okay, so... what if that guy DOES have ebola?

Are you at risk from catching it from him? Do you wallow around in public bathrooms, sitting on wet toilet seats? Do the greetings in Alaska involved spitting on your palms before shaking hands?

As long as you are a person that takes your general health and personal hygiene even remotely seriously, and are not at direct risk by being a healthcare worker, your chances of catching Ebola are lower than of me knocking on your door as you read this message.

Knock knock.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

It means its in our community.

My husband actually works for the wastewater treatment plant that services this hospital. It directly concerns me. They were also told that he caught it here in our community, not in some other country. That means its wild, here in my home. How would you feel about taking a child into a community where Ebola has been caught randomly?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Oh! He caught it in the wild!

The likelihood that it is ebola is zero.
edit on 4-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I know how you feel, I was seriously going crazy after the Duncan debacle. I was constantly trying to figure out when to implement the bug out plan.

I don't know, but I doubt the validity of the Craigslist post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join