It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's ok, it can't be Ebola, the CDC algorithm says so

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I am wondering if we are seeing a repeat of the Duncan case wanting to play out, IN MY TINY LITTLE TOWN!!

A gentleman who recently traveled to an African nation with Ebola cases, though not widespread, comes home to Alaska. He gets flu symptoms and calls Central Emergency Services. They pick him up and say well, the CDC algorithm says you don't have it, so it's ok. Besides we can't even test for it in Alaska, so it's ok. Go on home sir, and have a nice day.

I'm freaking out right now. I will admit it. I believe I was even called disingenuous at one point for worrying. Go invite it to your doorstep and see how it feels.

Sorry forgot the link. radiokenai.net...
edit on 21-10-2014 by woodsmom because: Added link

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
They are putting a whole lot of faith in people to tell the truth. The CDC should know better than most that people lie.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ValentineWiggin

What blows me away is that the patient voiced the concern, you would think he would know. It was the EMTs who decided that its all ok. Why wouldn't they at least isolate the patient and try to send off a blood sample somewhere. Just because they can't test for it here doesn't meant they shouldn't test him!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Holy crap! .....I just saw Greta on Fox News ( I know it's not popular ...but wanted to watch the garment demonstration to see how hard it is) ....and she with a guy demonstrating how to put on and take off the " protective clothing".... And chlorox bleach was one of the cleaning/killing agents they use to kill the bacteria.....so....spray the hell out of everything !!!!! I feel for ya OP, this is scary times, and we still don't know how to handle or contain it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

My husband's job puts him in direct contact with any bug that comes through town. That's a lot of the reason I have been trying to pay attention.

I'm well stocked, I even found a six bottle case of bleach last week. He would be our direct contact though if anything were to come about from this.

I am seriously blown away by the fact at they won't test him. The CDC has already proven themselves beyond inept at handling this. They only just figured out that the proper protection from it is to have no skin showing. Seriously? They haven't helped my confidence level.

A little background on this too, it started last Thursday night. Someone posted on Craigslist rants and raves, I know I know, that there was a rumor among the local medical community that there was an Ebola patient in town. On Saturday another post was made about someone puking blood at a local healthcare center. This article on radio Kenai seems to be in answer to those posts. There response doesn't give me a lot of confidence in our system, but they did at least confirm the validity of the rumors.

I really just don't know what to think right now.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Maybe you should send the CDC an email...not that they're slammed right now, or call and voice your concerns. Maybe they need to actually go there to test??? I don't know, that may be a dumb idea, but if I were personally in your shoes, I wouldn't want a potential virus like that taken lightly. One of the problems is that hospitals are truley not set up, trained , or ready to deal with this. I'm not saying they're incompetent, but just not ready....And with the capability of travel now a days , Ebola can hit anywhere. I feel for ya.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

I thought I couldn't continue be surprised by stupidity.

I was wrong.

This virus requires the utmost in care and safety in a lab, but out in the streets of America, it knows to behave?
edit on 21-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

It's incredible isn't it.

This is my way of making a stink about it.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Hi Woods! Good Grief Woman, do be careful is mostly what I want to say! I don't get out much, but when I do, I am super careful to try not to touch too many surfaces, and do not touch my face before washing my hands. Hoping that will keep the E-Bug at bay!
Truly, best of luck to You and Yours!! Syx.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hi there! I've been wanting so badly to just spend a day or two just reading and catching up on the story. Unfortunately the only chance I seem to get is in deep winter.

I appreciate it, I decided to sleep on it and make it through the first cup of coffee before I even approached this. We are staying on top of things, my honey is already taking further precautions as well. I only wish there was more confidence in the truthfulness of anything anymore.

I can see to some tiny extent that we do need to be calm, if only to be able to make rational decisions. It's just hard to make those decisions based on platitudes such as these. We deserve facts. A test result would be fact, as long as they are honest about it. It's at least a way to know for sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Nvm.
edit on 10/21/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Hey mom!
I wouldn't panic about that fellow. Honestly it sounds like maybe he was panicking a bit.

That said, I, like you, would be EXTREMELY upset at the fact that your state can't even test for it!

In this day and age? Seriously? Should every dang state be able to test for 99.9 % of the nasties out there?
That is really inexcusable.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

You are probably right. People around here are nervous though.

The lack of testing is what is the most frustrating. If there is a chance, shouldn't we continue to be vigilant and make sure we know. It honestly surprised me that we can't test for it. We do lack a lot of facilities up here because we don't have the population base to always make it financially feasible. However, we do also have an international airport that they felt the need to build an isolation pod into during its recent additions. Why would they go so far as to put an isolation pod into Ted Stevens airport, but not have the ability to test for things? It seems asinine to me.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Hi there!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I understand You not having much time this time of the Year. No Prob. Just do what ya have to to prep for Winter there.
It seems if this Disease is supposed to be so dangerous, Your State would at least be able to test for it!!? Wow......

We will still be there in 'The Shed 2'. The story has become stagnant as of late, with only a few scattered entries. Alas, seems the luster has worn off the new toy...... I miss the flurry of entries we once had. We are back at Sea however and going over the Map in one Great Ship! A lot of original members are no longer around......
Stop in whenever ya get a couple mins.

Take Care now!!
Syx.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You may have a lack of facilities, but for pete's sake, you have 9 military bases. I'm sure you have colleges, large hospitals, ect.

Not one has a dang lab, that could be used for this kind of testing? That is just ridiculous. Very pee poor thinking on the governments part.

As for the pod, IDK I guess so they can just throw some infected person in there, and forget about them?

edit on 21-10-2014 by chiefsmom because: afterthought.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I didn't exactly understand how the pod was supposed to keep everyone safe either. It outlines the ridiculousness of the preparations that our local governments are taking. I gave up on the Feds a long time time ago.

As for the military bases, they like to have all of the space they want but they are pretty good about not having much involvement with the civilian public. I'm sure that they would have some good facilities. You would think they could at least fly some testing equipment up here though.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

If I was you I would keep an eye of whatever you think is going on in your neck of the woods.

Is a good reason why, Because since the so call ebola hack I mean Czar was appointed by Obama, information regarding the spread of ebola has died down.

This is troublesome, in the fact that we have mid term elections and that the president ratings has fallen almost bottom line since the first ebola case was diagnosed

If we look at the new ebola hack I mean Czar he is not in the medical field or anything like, it, but he is very well regarded by the present administration as a "problem solver"

Even with the fact that he is behind the loans and waste and abuse of the present administration so call green initiative that ended in the Solyndra scandal.

Now, let's go back to the political angle, the president political party wants something done because the incompetence following ebola in the nation.

So the best way to do that is to appoint and insiders that his already great record at hiding things will play well with ebola until mid term elections are over with

The danger of all this? well never trust corrupted politicians and their minions when it comes to placing politics above public safety

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
ebola is like Aids, are you going to freak out about Aids like Ebola? It is only transfered through bodily fluids. So you can't catch it unless a guy coughs blood into your mouth or something.

If you want to sanitize surfaces, uses a UV light. Ebola cannot survive on the surface for long as UV light destroys the proteins.
edit on 21-10-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

My husband and I were just discussing this last night. The timing is impeccable. I'm convinced that the only reason Radio Kenai got involved was in answer to the original Craigslist postings. Gossip can be a powerful thing in a small community. Enough people were getting scared that it had to be addressed.

Their track record for the truth in this entire debacle is terrible. The officials have already proven themselves to be untrustworthy. I mean this on a national scale though, to be clear. Our community is generally a great one for looking out for each other. I only hope our local guys are paying the proper attention, and making the decision to be truthful with us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join