It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Possible Ebola Case at the Pentagon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
a reply to: whatnext21

If it shows up it should be taken serious, if not it should not be taken "serious", wishing for it to show up so that we can see how serious it is doesn't make sense.

What? No you are still confused haha..

The poster you are replying to wants people in charge to be closer to the Ebola Problem in a personal way as to take the ENTIRE Ebola situation more seriously, not this specific case. It makes perfect sense, even if it is a little bit mean to hope a person has Ebola.

Your avatar has so many eyes too.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I saw on the news 2 men from Texas, who were on the flight, that are self quarantined. Even though it is not mandatory, they have friends and family staying away and are being very careful. They don't want others hurt if something goes bad with them. They are also very care interacting with the nurse who arrives daily to check their temperature. Controlling flow both ways.

These seem to be the minority.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
You have to keep in mind that anyone anywhere that coughs or has a fever triggers this response. It's called mass hysteria.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Yes, i know, but you should still wish for it to stay away, not for it to come so those in charge can see how serious it is.

If it doesn't show up in public they are apparently doing the right thing as it is now.....

But never mind, logic often fail in here.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Travel advisories are all that is needed here. People should be free to evaluate risks on their own.

People are demonstrating that they will endanger others while exercising their freedom. That's not right.

While I don't want to see peoples' freedoms limited, I don't believe ANYONE has the freedom to place others at risk.

Those who have had ANY contact, whatsoever, with an Ebola victim or by-products (lab test, contaminated articles, bodily fluids, cleanup, etc) should be isolating themselves. It is only reasonable. Unfortunately, humans are sometimes completely UNreasonable.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

True from my point of view.

What mentality does a person have when they possibly expose others to a deadly disease to avoid inconvenience or missing a good time. Many people can't be trusted to have reasonable actions.

I would not want to know I made some sick because I didn't care.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My daughter just showed me this about half an hour ago-this thread made me think of the vine:

www.youtube.com...

a reply to: XKrossX

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Sky News has picked up the story:

LINKY

Rev

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Incredible, ebola the biological weapon that will infiltrate no only our nations but our government, the moronic attitude of the bubble heads incompetent in our government doesn't stop to amaze me.

Can it get worst that this?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

But never mind, logic often fail in here.

That's only your opinion, but I never said I disagreed with your logic. I don't.
Maybe your word choice could have been better. Their post was logical too.
It is logical that leaders take things more seriously when things slap them in the face. It is logical to want that to happen small scale rather than them not waking up and it's 25 random people who have it and not this one person.. Your logic makes more sense in that you don't want to hope for any amount of spread of Ebola, but it's not like they make ZERO sense as you claim.

In their version of logic something like this would make them take more proactive approaches, like banning flights. Actions they are not at the moment taking. You think they are doing everything they can, so that's where your opinion differs from there's. Different starting point on the opinion of how serious they are and how much they are doing changes the logic from there.

I hope this case is a negative for Ebola.
I'd rather not have overreactions and tighter controls.

People talk about government misusing disasters to take further control over the people, and then as soon as there is even the potential for disaster they instantly throw that down and BEG for government control over their lives. It's funny. I mean I have to laugh now cause I just don't have any fear left to take them seriously with.

Their memory is nonexistent or their conspiracy theory morals of anti-government control are a mere childhood slay the dragon fantasy paling in comparison to "real world" fear. Haha.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: netwarrior

originally posted by: bludragin
Pandora is out of the box.

Dont you mean Captain Trips?

All I can envision is Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in a dirty brown robe ringing his bell.

Hmmmm....Dr. Strangelove riding the bomb comes to mind, as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Incredible, ebola the biological weapon that will infiltrate no only our nations but our government, the moronic attitude of the bubble heads incompetent in our government doesn't stop to amaze me.

Can it get worst that this?

My only hope Marg is that the people responsible for
allowing the problem to extend to us all become
exposed: not to the pandemic, that would be too quick.
I meant to public awareness of who they are.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Honestly... these Ebola infected people lack any and all sense of proper judgement..

Who goes to an Ebola ravaged country, returns home, clearly not feeling well and decides "Let me go pop in for a tour of the Pentagon!" .. I doubt her symptoms came so quickly that she was feeling just fine 30 minutes earlier...

And then you have someone who treated an Ebola patient who decides to hop a flight to Ohio... and another woman decides to take a cruise!

This is BAD JUDGEMENT and it puts people in grave danger.. If I just returned from Africa I would be doing the right thing and keeping myself AT HOME and away from any contact with another living being for at least 21 days out of pure human decency.. and if I did get symptomatic I wouldn't have been like Duncan and waltzed myself into the local hospital potentially exposing people along the way.. I would call an ambulance and arrange proper transport.

Also .. they should stop COMMERCIAL flights from Africa into the USA .. I'm not saying stop all travel, but I think specially arranged flights could be made, isolate them from ever coming into contact with a person who's not been to Africa recently .. that, or at very least DELAY their travel for 21 days and monitor them.
edit on 10/17/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: derfreebie

I agree, it still doesn't stop to amaze me the callousness in which our government is handling Ebola, in the US, a disease that has been introduced into our nation and not by an American, that we all could be exposed and die because we do not have leaders but morons, I guess only when the elite get hit close to home with ebola then they will figure out, "hell it does kill".

America doesn't have a leadership we have a cast of buffoons baboons.

People needs to wake up and figure out that when it comes to the buffoons baboons in government we are not to expect any help, we the people are on our own.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
You have to keep in mind that anyone anywhere that coughs or has a fever triggers this response. It's called mass hysteria.

Except for the fact that she did recently return from Africa and she wasn't coughing or sneezing, she was vomiting ... two red flags

1. Been to Africa
2. Vomiting ( a common symptom of the virus )

You bet your bottom dollar I'd be taking that very seriously

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
There is a bit of a difference between:

the government telling you walk around during a protest because you are not allowed stand in one place
tapping you phones and email
allowing companies and banks to rip you off
performing illegal searches

and

preventing very sick people from infecting many more people when the result may be death

If people would do the right thing it would not even be an issue.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

If it shows up it should be taken serious, if not it should not be taken "serious", wishing for it to show up so that we can see how serious it is doesn't make sense.

I believe that's the point. Maybe if this shows up in DC near all the politicians, they (the politicians) will be more proactive. Perhaps stopping flights from West African countries and pushing the CDC to get hospitals better prepared. The post is about where it is happening, not how serious the situation is. If this is happening on the politicians door step they may act a little more quickly.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

I love how the incompetence in Washington is to tackle ebola with a new Czar that while it has nothing to do with infectious diseases but he have a record of covering up scandals in favor of the administration

Ebola Czar, my rear end, he is the scandals fixer Czar.

What a joke, we really are in deep dodo.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

What? No you are still confused haha..

The poster you are replying to wants people in charge to be closer to the Ebola Problem in a personal way as to take the ENTIRE Ebola situation more seriously, not this specific case. It makes perfect sense, even if it is a little bit mean to hope a person has Ebola.

Your avatar has so many eyes too.

Thank you for that, you are correct in my interpretation of the situation. I do not wish Ebola on anyone, but with the 3 ring circus performing for us, there is no doubt that if not this time, it is no more than a plane ride, a cruise or a mass transportation ride away if these clowns don't start performing as to 'protocol'.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Khaleesi

What a joke, we really are in deep dodo.

And, like an idiot, I forgot to wear my hip-waders today.

*sigh*

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join