It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unnamed Ebola Patient at Emory University Hospital?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I was reading a article about Vinson having more symptoms than previous thought and how she was had been moved to Emory when I came across this:

Vinson was flown Wednesday to Atlanta's Emory University Hospital, where her uncle Lawrence Vinson said she is "feeling OK."
Workers at that hospital -- which previously treated Americans Kent Brantly and Nancy Writebol for Ebola -- are also caring for an unnamed person with Ebola who came there September 9.

Link

So I did a search and found this posted 22 hours ago:

Sept. 9, 2014 – An unnamed American Ebola patient arrives at Emory University Hospital for treatment. This patient had been working for the World Health Organization in Sierra Leone. The patient was still there as of Oct. 15, 2014. "Given the national focus on Ebola, particularly with the diagnosis in two health care workers, I want to share the news that I am recovering from this disease, and that I anticipate being discharged very soon, free from the Ebola virus and able to return safely to my family and to my community," the unnamed patient said in a statement released on Oct. 15.

Link

I searched ATS and found nothing mentioned about this unnamed mystery patient. I wonder how many more are unnamed / unknown? Has anyone else heard about this?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

The patient was mentioned in one of the megathreads I saw on here. I don't remember which one, I thought it was this one but I may be wrong.

The patient released a statement basically saying he wanted to remain anonymous for now, but that he was doing fine. It is strange.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I live in Atlanta, my daughter lives in Dallas... Is it any wonder I'm a nervous wreck at this point???

On topic: The good news is that Emory is very, very close to the CDC and is an extremely high tech hospital. They have a much better chance at properly observing isolation and containment protocols than many other hospitals do.

One unnamed patient does not worry me too much. It's when somebody sends a Tweet about the previously unmentioned and well populated isolation ward that I will consider packing and making a run for the hills - passing through Dallas to get my youngin'.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I have a thread on it. I knew about this person in mid-September and assumed everyone else did too. When I realized this was not the case and was asked to make a thread, I did.. In case you are interested.

ETA: I can't link from this phone..but check threads in my profile.
edit on 10/17/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
My daughter is working in a Hospital in Connecticut and she said there is a Yale student that was working in Liberia that has symptoms like Ebola in one of the hospitals around there. I guess the student is in isolation.

When is our Government going to start restricting travel. If we have an extra three months to work on this by restricting travel, we might be able to discover some better ways of treating this disease. We don't have nearly enough proper places to treat these people yet. Many people will get sick at a great cost to everyone. Can you imagine the cost of treating someone in isolation like that? I think this is a way to get more of our money and faith in the healthcare system. It is the biggest industry in this country when you combine all the different aspects of it. I would prefer factories over hospitals, instead of pushing sickness on us, they can sell us US made computers and Televisions.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
I have a thread on it. I knew about this person in mid-September and assumed everyone else did too. When I realized this was not the case and was asked to make a thread, I did.. In case you are interested.

Your post "How many ebola patients have really been brought into the U.S?" is not specifically about the "unnamed patient" but rather a summary of Ebola patients to which you included the unnamed person as part of. Interesting to read nonetheless. Thanks.
edit on 17-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Your post "How many ebola patients have really been brought into the U.S?" is not specifically about the "unnamed patient" but rather a summary of Ebola patients to which you included the unnamed person as part of. Interesting to read nonetheless. Thanks.

Yeah. Okay. Whatever. Semantics.

That unnamed patient is exactly why we don't have a handle on how many have really been brought here.

Not like I haven't mentioned a few dozen times either. Have fun with your thread.

new topics

top topics

join