It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tonopah Test Range Panorama September 2014

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
TTR panoramas

These were shot the same day as the F117 was flying. There are three sizes (small, medium, large). The small image should work in most browsers. All files can be saved (no slimy right click lockout). Of course that doesn't mean you can upload them to other websites. You will need a serious desktop to view the large image. I suggest using Gimp.

This was shot a bit later than in the day than optimal. You can see the thermal distortion. Then again, the place hasn't been photographed by Google in nine years, so this is better than nothing. [Bing imagery is more up to date, though no date is specified.]

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Holy cow.... the 311mb took 8 mins to load..
But it did.
It appears there are 2 J.A.N.E.T's .
As I scroll right. I see what looks like a nuclear power facility. The 2 sphere structure in front of a large 2 hangers mid way to the right.
That's intriguing to me. They have their own power plant?
And all the way right. I can't identify the plane taxiing ... not a dash 8.
And possible a large reign deer just below that hanger below the unidentified plane.

As always.. thanks for these updates.

edit on 16-10-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
You DO realize that the test range has their own web site with photos of the base?
Here it is:
ttr.sandia.gov...

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
You DO realize that the test range has their own web site with photos of the base?
Here it is:
ttr.sandia.gov...

Is there another link? This is just a header page.
The only thing it does is link you to Sandias nm page. And discusses nothing about TTR.

we do know that TTR is testing newer radar tech with earlier flyable stealth tech like the F-117.

The link may be bad on my end. It looks like it requires an updated Adobe. And my laptop is 7 years old. And my tablet here can't do flash players.
I will save this link though.
Thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Outstanding photos. Thanks for posting these!

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Works fine for me. Here is the page, so you can see it, without a link: h t t p :// ttr.sandia.gov/index.htm
A simple Google search found it. Leave out the spaces of course.
a reply to: Bigburgh

edit on -05:00pmThu, 16 Oct 2014 20:44:44 -050031084410 by Parthin because: edit

edit on -05:00pmThu, 16 Oct 2014 20:45:45 -050031084510 by Parthin because: edit

edit on -05:00pmThu, 16 Oct 2014 20:46:32 -050031084610 by Parthin because: edit

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Here it is:
ttr.sandia.gov...

I was the first person to post the official TTR website on ATS, so yeah, I am aware of it. But do you have a point here? Last time I checked, they don't have a panorama there. Nor did they bother to post any photos of the F117 operating at the TTR post it's retirement. ;-)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Holy cow.... the 311mb took 8 mins to load..
But it did.
It appears there are 2 J.A.N.E.T's .
As I scroll right. I see what looks like a nuclear power facility. The 2 sphere structure in front of a large 2 hangers mid way to the right.
That's intriguing to me. They have their own power plant?
And all the way right. I can't identify the plane taxiing ... not a dash 8.
And possible a large reign deer just below that hanger below the unidentified plane.

As always.. thanks for these updates.

If you were able to view the large panorama, please state what you used.

I think the plane at the far right is a red striped Janet, but the illumination wasn't very good and the stripe is not red. Here is a 737 from that session.

Janet at the TTR

I have no idea on the domes, but they have been there a long time. Domes are funny things. They can cover just about anything. Tennis courts for instance. Sometimes they are used in antenna test fields (i.e. where you can't afford an anechoic chamber).
edit on 16-10-2014 by gariac because: added 737 image

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It seemed relevant that there is a fair amount of public information available about the base. Of course, exactly what is being tested there would be very interesting. a reply to: gariac

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

It seemed relevant that there is a fair amount of public information available about the base. Of course, exactly what is being tested there would be very interesting. a reply to: gariac

You need to realize that the Sandia website only covers the Sandia portion of the base. The USAF portion of the base is run independently.

TTR info
and especially
TTR odds and ends

When we were on Mt. Diablo to watch the final four F117s fly back to the TTR (which turned out not to be the final flight), we were visited by USAF and DOE security. The DOE guy came to talk to us, said we didn't really have to give our names, etc. The USAF dude just showed up and wrote down all our license plates,, never saying a word. My point is there are two users of the TTR. The USAF operation is far larger than the DOE/Sandia.

top topics

join