It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A second Health care worker in Dallas diagnosed with Ebola

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: texasgirl
At least this was probably one of the people already in isolation, and in the earlier stages, which as many are pointing out may be the less contagious stages. There is that.

Yes, I agree. Until someone who's not a nurse or doctor comes in with Ebola.

That's what I fear...

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.

originally posted by: Gully
Horrible. How many of the 70 will end up with it?

What a colossal jack up. I don't trust any thing the "experts" say after this fiasco.

They upped this to 76 healthcare workers who took care of Duncan before he died! This is truly frightening. What do we Dallas residents do?

Not too sure, but here's an interesting story. Had a friend that's daughter broke her hand last night, they told her NOT to come into the hospital, & they opened up a CLOSED DOCTORS office, well after hours, to treat her. I find this VERY INTERESTING.....This happened late last night here in south jersey.....never
Been turned away from the hospitals before, especially with a child with a broken hand. Then the doc goes back to his office AFTER HOURS???? Very very interesting.....

Good grief! Are there cases in Jersey that we don't know about?

They had an interview with a New York City doctor who bragged that NYC would handle this better, as they were much better than Dallas. You just wait, sir...

Not that I'm aware of other then the news crew in quarentean here in Jersey, but that's up in central jersey not here....now, I DONT know if anymore enterovirus patients popped up in my area, since the 1st boy died?? I'm wondering if the hospitals are getting prepared for the worse??? Sure hope not!!! But, yeah, DEFINATELY ODD!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Like I said in the topic I created wait until this hits India. This is gonna be biblical we could see millions dead before this is all over.
edit on 15-10-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

At least this was probably one of the people already in isolation, and in the earlier stages, which as many are pointing out may be the less contagious stages. There is that.

a reply to: j.r.c.b.
How old a child? This might have more to do with the enterovirus, D-68, in South Jersey than with ebola.

13 & YEP. I'm on the same page as you, as I mentioned enterovirus before reading your post

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I said this elsewhere and I'll say it here ...

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So much for the CDC director ... he threw the first nurse under the bus and saying that she broke protocol. What's he going to say about this? More nonsense.

Something else is going on. Either the hospital staff aren't given the proper procedures by the CDC .. or ebola is being spread in a manner that isn't being discussed. I wonder how that creepy CDC dude will spin this one ...

My thoughts are with the healthcare workers in Dallas who all were exposed to this and who trusted that the CDC were keeping them safe.

My thoughts are also drifting in the direction of ... where is patient zeros family and why haven't we heard anything from them except that they want to sue the hospital ....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
As we've read and been reading, this virus is attacking an inordinate amount of healthcare workers than it has in the past, so here's a thought. Maybe the logic here is that there are more healthcare workers trying to help than in the past. In other words, and I hesitate to even say this, we are, in a way, doing this to ourselves as a whole. No good deed goes unpunished and all that. But I honestly don't know what to say what the opposite of this would be....don't even want to think about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I said this elsewhere and I'll say it here ...

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So much for the CDC director ... he threw the first nurse under the bus and saying that she broke protocol. What's he going to say about this? More nonsense.

Something else is going on. Either the hospital staff aren't given the proper procedures by the CDC .. or ebola is being spread in a manner that isn't being discussed. I wonder how that creepy CDC dude will spin this one ...

My thoughts are with the healthcare workers in Dallas who all were exposed to this and who trusted that the CDC were keeping them safe.

My thoughts are also drifting in the direction of ... where is patient zeros family and why haven't we heard anything from them except that they want to sue the hospital .... [/mod

Yes, there is no news about Duncan's family. Someone else on another thread said that our other creepy guy, same shirt Judge Jenkins, would have been parading them around and boasting that you can't catch it easily! And we have Anderson Cooper here in Dallas who wasn't able to interview Louise himself but had to get answers from her pastor! extra DIV

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
They are saying this person lives on Village Bend Drive. Not confirmed yet but they're sending a team there.

I feel terrible saying this but I am so glad I don't live in these neighborhoods. I am on the edge of Dallas and Plano, farther north.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
So I've been wondering something....don't viruses tend to mutate faster when faced with modern medical facilities and health conscious patients?

Its one thing when the docs get it over there, we expect that much. Yet when the infection spreads to people whose natural defense to these kind of things is constantly boosted by the requirements of her profession cant that make it much worse?
edit on 15-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Keep me posted or PM me Im from South Jersey and thats where my friends and family are

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: whoreallyknows

Keep me posted or PM me Im from South Jersey and thats where my friends and family are

Will do

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. Until someone who's not a nurse or doctor comes in with Ebola.

That's what I fear...

Worse... When someone that has no known contact with a victim shows up with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Why aren't hearing any statements from Louis Troh (the girlfriend of the late Thomas Duncan) about the two Texas Healthcare workers who contracted Ebola? You would think she would come out and say her prayers are with the family and loved ones in this terrible time.

This is just one more reason why I think this family just might be sick and they're not telling us.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Has anyone heard anything about Duncan's girlfriend's family? I haven't heard anything new in the past week.

Yes.

I live in Dallas and our local news gives us updates every evening. Last night we were told that Duncan's family is showing no symptoms of Ebola and that the CDC believes that there is almost no chance any of them have contracted the disease. The Duncan family has a little less than a week left in quarantine before they will clear them to return to their public lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Why aren't hearing any statements from Louis Troh (the girlfriend of the late Thomas Duncan) about the two Texas Healthcare workers who contracted Ebola? You would think she would come out and say her prayers are with the family and loved ones in this terrible time.

This is just one more reason why I think this family just might be sick and they're not telling us.

Do you live in the Dallas area? Because she has released several statements. The local news here keeps us abreast of all statements released by Louis Troh. She will make a public statement when she is released from quarantine in a little less than a week.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

Do you live in the Dallas area? Because she has released several statements. The local news here keeps us abreast of all statements released by Louis Troh. She will make a public statement when she is released from quarantine in a little less than a week.

Yes, I live here but I have not heard any statements from Louis herself. Can you give me a link?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
watching the news feed , is that the judge that drove the family to safety?? back left,, he has marks on his face i think were not their before, looks uncomfortable, keeps running his tongue over his gums as if uncomfortable...

curious

Q

link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace

originally posted by: watchitburn
Has anyone heard anything about Duncan's girlfriend's family? I haven't heard anything new in the past week.

Yes.

I live in Dallas and our local news gives us updates every evening. Last night we were told that Duncan's family is showing no symptoms of Ebola and that the CDC believes that there is almost no chance any of them have contracted the disease. The Duncan family has a little less than a week left in quarantine before they will clear them to return to their public lives.

How very odd if true. That apartment must have been covered in ebola and the family wore no protective gear. Then we have nurses catching it from the same guy whilst wearing 'some' protective gear in a hospital.

Maybe it is contagious at a much later stage than we currently think.

link   
Watching the Dallas news conference now.

They look pissed. It's clear they don't want to be standing there.
edit on 15-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Double post when edited
edit on 15-10-2014 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join