It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch This Female Sharpshooter Nail Annie Oakley’s Card-Splitting Trick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am feeling like there are too many heavy topics on ATS lately and not enough fun. I saw this video of Kirsten Joy Weiss recreating Annie Oakley's card-splitting trick and just had to share.

She isn't too hard on the eyes either. Enjoy!

edit on 2014/10/14 by Metallicus because: Fix

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Rumor has it my great-gramps used to be able to do this...

I've frayed a line of paracord from about 30 feet myself - first shot - at night... Tough stuff. Watched like 8 dudes try it before me.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Cool. I like it when the ladies take an interest in firearms. My Great Grandma carried a six on her hip. I'm told she was quite deadly with it.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Good practice....get some wooden strike anywhere matches.....
Stand them up heads up.....
And try to light them at increasing distances.....
Pellet gun or 22 is fine for this and you can get deadly with a few hours shooting.......
Taught my boys how to shoot that ways....it works fine....

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
She could shoot me anytime

Mind you I bet I could do that shot and I have only fired two guns in my life (Army range and I hit all bullseyes all went in the same hole and clay pigeon shooting only missed 2 out of 50).
edit on 14-10-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Can someone explain to me, what her shooting stance is all about? The hip position, the way she makes a triangular frame out of her fingers to stabilise the shot? It all looks a bit... Uh... Weird!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

it is weird, its isnt proper. any kind of training would have taught her to not do that,

HOWEVER,

there is something to be said about doing it whatever way you are most comfortable, if she has tried the proper methods and still found this method works better for her then so be it. everyones different. she is only firing a 22 anyhow, not like theres any kick. it is a risk that the rifle could fall off her left hand lack of grip though, which is dangerous, if she did this with any larger kick firearm i wouldnt want to be any where near her when it went off.
edit on 10/15/14 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

She isn't too hard on the eyes either

Damn skippy. She is a hell of a shot AND God damn is she hot. That was sexy.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

I figured that it was a small round she was launching.

I did not realise that it was acceptable however, to hold a firearm in such a way. Do you think the triangular frame she makes with her fingers, allows her to make smaller, finer adjustments to the elevation, the angle at which the shot is taken, than would be possible using a firmer, more traditional grip? It looks to me like she is using them in the same way a sniper would use a bean bag perhaps?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

I figured that it was a small round she was launching.

I did not realise that it was acceptable however, to hold a firearm in such a way. Do you think the triangular frame she makes with her fingers, allows her to make smaller, finer adjustments to the elevation, the angle at which the shot is taken, than would be possible using a firmer, more traditional grip? It looks to me like she is using them in the same way a sniper would use a bean bag perhaps?

either she did it cause she just didnt know what she was doing lol. or i suspect it could add some measure of suspension to the rifle, a buffer between your bodies subtle movements having effect on the rifle. so as her body shifts subtly the fingers bend to absorb the motion, just a guess though. i would never do it, i'd prefer safety over accuracy, a firm grip is what i was taught and ill stick to that.

new topics

top topics

join