It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Duncan family?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: D4rcyJones

I agree with you that I do not want to see our freedom or rights eroded. I was not suggesting a minute by minute reporting by the family, however it would be reassuring and educational to understand more about this disease.
Also you are quite right that everyone reacts to situations in a different manner.
The media also can become over zealous and harass people so that a natural reaction would be to withdraw from the public spotlight. Although they did seek publicity from the media and had Rev. Jackson involved. Sounds like attention seeking to me. Now nothing?

I still am expressing my concerns. You should read the article in The Wall Street Journal dated Nov. 4th, page A7..World News. The basic summary is that a Liberian woman named Helena Henry contracted Ebola. She was one of the fortunate to survive and received a clean bill of health. She returned to her partner of 12 years and they had sex. He then caught the disease and died.
The U.S. Center for Disease and Control now is warning that the Ebola virus can still be present in sexually transmitted fluids for up to 90 days! I assume that would also include breast milk. WHO is now apparently distributing condoms to survivors.
Granted he may have contracted Ebola in some other manner, who knows.

My point is there is so much we do not know or understand about this virus and how it is contracted. Knowledge is power!

One more point. A family member of ours traveled to Nepal with Engineers Without Borders. This person did contract some unknown virus and returned here. We did ensure that the person received medical treatment. A number of family members were very concerned because of the lack of knowledge. We did try and encourage the person to remain at home until better. However the person chose to travel across the U.S., South America and Hong Kong. Disturbing when one persons' rights supersede the rights of everyone else. We did not contact the media and involve the entire country and create an atmosphere of fear!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
The judge who drove the Duncan family, the one we all refer to as "same-shirt Jenkins" has won re-election in Dallas. I thought you all would be interested to know that!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl
Thanks for the info.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
bump

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
My Fox DFW

A Dallas hospital has formally agreed to “take care” of the family of Thomas Eric Duncan. Attorney Les Weisbrod said during a press conference Wednesday that the settlement with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital will help to care for Duncan's four children and his parents, some of which still live in Africa. He would not discuss a dollar amount.

The hospital also wrote a private letter of apology to Duncan's family, agreed to change policies and produces and will create a charitable trust in Duncan's memory to help the victims of Ebola in West Africa, Weisbrod said.

I guess they have been real busy negotiating the settlement, leaving them little time to make the news rounds.
From the same source, another little tidbit.

Duncan's fiancée was not included in the settlement.

Somebody is not gonna be very happy about this.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn
My Fox DFW

A Dallas hospital has formally agreed to “take care” of the family of Thomas Eric Duncan. Attorney Les Weisbrod said during a press conference Wednesday that the settlement with Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital will help to care for Duncan's four children and his parents, some of which still live in Africa. He would not discuss a dollar amount.

The hospital also wrote a private letter of apology to Duncan's family, agreed to change policies and produces and will create a charitable trust in Duncan's memory to help the victims of Ebola in West Africa, Weisbrod said.

I guess they have been real busy negotiating the settlement, leaving them little time to make the news rounds.

This is typical of the corrupt political correctness that has become malignant in The U.S.
Vector Duncan LIED on his health form, and knew that he was exposed to the dead woman's virulence!
That is why Liberia was going to prosecute him!
www.dallasnews.com...
"Liberia authorities said Thursday that Thomas Eric Duncan, the first person diagnosed on U.S. soil with Ebola, would be prosecuted for lying on a health form required for travelers departing the country. "
He committed a criminal act to gain entry into the U.S., and infected it's citizens.
A biological attack that is no different than an act of terrorism!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Only in America where outsiders get better treatment then their own citizens, the perps families always get paid when they hit the news!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

It's crazy that Duncan lied on his health form, knew he was sick days after arriving here, went to the hospital the first time and stated he was recently in Liberia, yet failed to mention he had been exposed to a woman dying of Ebola, and his family ends up puttin' on the Ritz!

I am so sick of responsible people feeling they should have to pay for some idiot's irresponsible actions. SCREW PC. This country is so screwed up right now, we may never see the end of this Idiocy! I must agree with you, this could have very well been an improvised biological attack, had someone had nefarious intentions.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
His treatment cost $500,000 to try and save him. Personally, I think agreeing to pay for his 4 children and parents is crazy. Especially since he lied on the form before leaving Liberia.

And the family is also seeking a book or movie deal about their ordeal. Seriously?
edit on 12-11-2014 by texasgirl because: added more

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: retiredTxn
My Fox DFW

Part of the settlement is that Texas Health agrees to pay for his approx. $500,000 treatment so Louise should be happy about this, since there are reports he listed her as his wife on his admittance forms. No one wants to be stuck paying that kind of bill.

Also, she has a new book deal, too. Comes out in April, I believe. To me, this is good news. She will be asked to make the talk show rounds and we can finally actually see her and hear her story.
edit on 14-11-2014 by texasgirl because: spelling

edit on 14-11-2014 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Added this mystery to the ATS thread: Crazy Reported News That Was Quickly Dropped & Never Heard Of Again

ETA: If Louise does materialize- with or without a book.... we can update as appropriate.

edit on 22/11/2014 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join