It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Duncan family?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The family of Thomas Duncan lived in very close proximity to him for quite a few days before he finally was isolated.
As his disease progressed and he became sicker and sicker, he would have been contaminating everything he came into contact with in their apartment ... clothing, furniture, bedding, towels, etc, etc. There is absolutely NO way that the family members could NOT have come into contact with ebola during that period that Duncan remained in the apartment with them.
After all, the nurse was wearing hazmat gear and following "CDC protocols" and STILL contracted ebola from Duncan after spending just a short period of time treating him ... so what are the chances that every other Duncan family member managed to dodge the ebola bullet despite being in close proximity to Duncan 24/7 ?

So my question is ... WHERE IS THE DUNCAN FAMILY ?

I don't doubt for a moment that if they are Ebola free that the government would be parading them all over the media as propaganda to confirm that their ebola "containment/isolation" protocol works and all is well. So why is there a complete news blackout on this family?

My belief is that they are infected with ebola and the government is covering it up to (1) prevent panic and (2) to hide the fact that they have never had a hope in hell of managing this outbreak despite all their posturing and assurances that they know what they're doing.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: afoolbyanyothername

good question.. I have a feeling the government is hiding them, because they are illegal aliens, actually, it, it will make them look very bad. Yet I do find it interesting the media, does not even mention them... I think they are still under quarantine actually.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

but..the conspiracy everyone's going on about is that Ebola doesn't exist.. so why hide the family if they are infected?

second, its common knowledge Ebola is spread via body fluids, touched surfaces etc.. so, people would expect them to be infected, again why hide it?

personally, the man died. why do we need his family to be on mainstream tv?

maybe the family has refused and asked for privacy?

maybe - just maybe - its none of our bloody business?

Theres plenty of other infections for people to drool over
edit on am1226318142014-10-14T00:26:23-05:00122014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I had read yesterday wish i kept the url, that they are now in a nice gated community
nice home that will be theirs, new ID's. (those little fema communities are in play now)

yet in my mind I think yup knock em off and that's less people to watch. tell the world one thing just
don't watch the other hand.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   
also, it hasn't been 21 days yet, has it?

so maybe they aren't saying anything about them because its still not definite yet if they are out of the woods or not ?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Indeed, and why are they not allowed full social media access?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It was reported (or hypothesized) that their access to the outside world was removed from them, no internet or cell phones both to tamp down the media but for their own protection and to enable the quarantine.

But you would think some enterprising Anderson Cooper type would have set up a Skype interview by now, the news has been completely blacked out.

Maybe the 'gated community' was military in nature...

I'm more interested in keeping an eye on the progress of "Same Shirt" Judge Clay Jenkins, the poster boy for all things CDC.
edit on 10491210amTuesdayf49Tue, 14 Oct 2014 00:49:10 -0500America/Chicago by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

Nina Pham has been Skyping

www.dallasnews.com...

Why won't they let Louise Troh or Jeffrey Cole Skype?

edit on 14-10-2014 by 2gd2btru because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Reports were saying, no apartments could take them in and well, for agreeable reasons. Unless there's a house type situation, easily quarantined and in access of officials, I'd suspect an undisclosed medical facility of sorts.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Come on we all know that residence in a gated community would have noticed them by now. They would have noticed food deliveries, cop cars outside, etc. I cant imagine nosey meighbors woudnt have noticed so I say gated community is code for fema camp or the like.

My guess they all are sick/dying/dead.

The 20th should be interesting as that is when they should be in the clear.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot
Agreed. If they are healthy, then they will surface on the 20th. If not, then we will hear about such. So far there is no word on where they may or may not be.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

they are still in isolation, my understanding is that it is a property owded by the cdc and that they are under essentially under house arrest with armed security, im not entirely familiar with US procedures but your public health departments most likely have the power to do that.

you will only hear anything if the situation changes (they either fall ill or clear incubation period) this is standard practice that applies, thing have been slightly different with all the media and public interest but i suspect the more cases that come out the tighter that information will be released. Look at germany with the way it dealt with the first patient it received.. i leterally thought i was going crazy because no one i talked to at work knew anthing about him, once he was admitted he disapered, the hospital said they wouldnt release info unless a significant change happens a month of silence later they had a press release basically said "oh yeah he got better and has been discharged".. this might seem strange but there isnt a conspiracy its standard practice for patient confidentiality.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Anderson Cooper interviewed the family's pastor last night. I thought it was interesting that he had to get information from the pastor when a couple weeks ago he was able to interview Louise Troh by phone. Why couldn't he interview Louise by phone this time? I mean, Anderson is in Dallas now!

Yeah, I smell a rat. Big time!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Since there's probably going to be a lawsuit (or 2), the family's attorneys may have advised them to not speak in public right now. If they do, they could say something that could jeopardize their case. Just saying that's a possibility.

I think that other family members have been in touch, and if they haven't, don't you think they would be shouting that they can't reach them?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent76

good question.. I have a feeling the government is hiding them, because they are illegal aliens.....

According to this Los Angeles Times article from October 4th, not all of the family is here illegally.

Yah is a U.S. citizen, as is Jallah's mother, and Jallah has started the process of becoming a citizen so she could adopt the children of her sister, who died in childbirth this year in Liberia. Now Jallah fears the Ebola scare may jeopardize the adoption.

I believe I read a week or so ago, that Louise Troh came here in the mid 90's. She is a naturalized citizen.
Here daughter, Youngor Jallah, has been here since 2006, and is trying to gain citizenship. Jallah's husband, Aaron Yah is also a citizen.

It's strange that we haven't had any updates on Youngor Jallah and her family either. She is the one who called the ambulance for Duncan. Also from the linked article above:

Jallah and her family have not been ordered to stay indoors, but because Jallah was with Duncan as his illness became critical, she has placed her family under voluntary confinement, hoping to avoid infecting neighbors or schoolmates.

Jallah sounds like a kind, intelligent person...one of the few in this whole drama, including the officials. I really hope she and her family, including 4 young children, escape this disease.

The names of the people confined to the "private house" (military base, who knows) are: Louise Troh, her 13-yr old son, Timothy Wayne, Jeffrey Cole, age 22, and Oliver Smallwood, age 26.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I was wondering the same. Before Duncan's girlfriend was talking and now nothing.

Great question and post
S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I didn't have any luck finding updates for Louise Troh's condition, but I did see this facebook post concerning Youngor Jallah and Aaron Jah, posted yesterday.

Thank you for all of the donations of household items, cleaning supplies and cash. Team Steph, Erin and Christine successfully delivered everything to the apartment office. We waited until we saw Youngor and Aaron arrive to pick up the belongings to make sure nothing disappeared. They both looked very good, and we thanked them for their caution with Ebola and the community. They both seemed extremely appreciative of the help, and we let them know that there is a phone number in the cooler they can call if they need anything else.

Not a confirmation of good health from an official source, but it is something.

Back on October 6th, the Daily Mail printed that the CDC said Youngor could return to work. I don't know how true that is, but in the article, Jallah is quoted as saying:

'The CDC came yesterday. They said I can go back to work but I do not know what I will do. I will not go back yet.'

Doctors say that no-one is at risk of catching the virus unless they come into contact with a sufferer who is exhibiting symptoms.

But it is unlikely that Youngor will return to work until the family have gone through the 21 days considered the latest time between exposure and manifestation of Ebola.

If she kept herself and her family quarantined at home, she is a hero in my mind.
edit on 10/14/2014 by Olivine because: forgot a word

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: signalfire
It was reported (or hypothesized) that their access to the outside world was removed from them, no internet or cell phones both to tamp down the media but for their own protection and to enable the quarantine.

But you would think some enterprising Anderson Cooper type would have set up a Skype interview by now, the news has been completely blacked out.

Maybe the 'gated community' was military in nature...

I'm more interested in keeping an eye on the progress of "Same Shirt" Judge Clay Jenkins, the poster boy for all things CDC.

I have also been wondering a few things about Jenkins. Who is this man, is he a judge, does he work for the CDC or Homeland security. What is his job exactly? Why did he take such an interest in Duncan's family?
I don't know what it is about him but he's kind of creepy. Furthermore, he appears to have had some face work done.
edit on 14-10-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I would think if they WERENT sick, that should definitley be brought up to the public and made known. what better way to quell any possible fears than saying- "Look these people LIVED with him, and they are just fine"....
Could it be possible the family just doesnt *want to talk to the media? hmmm

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
To me, they mustn't be showing any symptoms or they would have been transferred to a hospital.

If they are showing symptoms and have been left in quarantine without the proper care which should be available when there are so few cases, then there will be a clear case of severe neglect and charges should be brought against the person authorising their denial of medical treatment.

So, to me this is looking good, in that people that have been housed with an ebola patient at an infectious stage and subsequently stayed in an infected home for a period of time, without protective gear and haven't caught it.

Although that senario doesn't make sense considering nurses in protective gear have contracted it. Maybe it becomes more infectious at the stage he was taken into hospital.
edit on 14-10-2014 by ProleUK because: Typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join