It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family identifies 26-year-old nurse who contracted Ebola at Dallas hospital

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why didnt the CDC experts just go in there and do it themselves? Nurses aren't equipped to deal with such a disease. Hell, Friedan should have went in there and done the dirty work before pointing the finger.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It seems the cdc protocol is not working and maybe they should step up their procedures to something even more stricter. If one well trained nurse with the top doctors around and the CDC behind them are not able to follow this phony protocol then who the hell could? How do they expect the general emergency room docs and nurse to keep this from spreading.. Either the protocol is flawed or these HIGHLY TRAINED AND SKILLED cdc workers nurses and doctors are incompetent.. I make you a bet these workers are following everything to to the T knowing their next if they catch this virus.. i think the protocol needs to be fixed not the people following it..

The cdc doesnt even know what protocol was done wrong, but they know the lady broke it because she's sick now ??

Sounds like they are covering their ass and they have no idea what protocol they should be using. If she followed the cdc instructions the cdc doesnt want to be liable for this ladies blood on their hands.
edit on 13-10-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The CDC was suppose to be overseeing this operation.. Sounds like they are pulling a play from the book of fukushima TEPCO in japan sending in 'martyrs'... This lady didnt even get the honor of being put up as a hero its been straight demonization of the lady and how she well kind of deserved it for 'not following' protocol all PR BS

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Prediction: There will be many many more cases. Also, with flu and cold season upon us, people will overload our ERs and hospitals with every little fever and ache they get. The healthcare system will get overloaded and people will start screaming for the g'ment to do something. Obama will blame the increases in health insurance premiums starting in 2015 on all of this and push his real agenda even further.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

To that I can only add that a protocol can only even be effective if you have correctly pinpointed when/how the virus is transmitted. And the CDC seems positively schizo in that regard, they say one thing on TV and different things elsewhere in their various communications.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

No offense, but why? because shes "pretty"? I'm sorry but because she's young and cute doesn't make this any worse then if it were my 60 yr old mother…...

Because she was helping. Because she wasn't self serving, because Ebola doesn't care.

Because she's young, pretty has a cute dog and doesn't deserve to die from Ebola.

Clear enough? Be "so sorry".

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just heard they are monitoring one person that came in close contact with the nurse while she had a low grade fever.

The City of Dallas has removed her dog "Bentley" from the apartment and he was taken to an undisclosed location.

Why undisclosed? What's the point?

edit on 13-10-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrLimpet
Just heard they are monitoring one person that came in close contact with the nurse while she had a low grade fever.

The City of Dallas has removed her dog "Bentley" from the apartment and he was taken to an undisclosed location.

Why undisclosed? What's the point?

Even though they claim they will not euthanize, they probably don't want protests such as they had in Spain about the nurse's dog. To say taking precaution as it may bring attention to the location. At least one can hope, as opposed to a nefarious location, being in a safe facility and is okay.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You are wrong about it all being the same. I will give you the ugly vs pretty argument.....BUT. Is it the same when a child dies vs a 90 year old? No it is far worse the 90 year old has already lived life. So no this young nurse who is just starting life is not the same as someone who has already lived it.
edit on 14-10-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
We are so sad that young lass has lost her life and her little dog its mistress. I imagine the only comfort to her parents , relatives and friends grief is that she was a hero in the true sense.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
We are so sad that young lass has lost her life and her little dog its mistress. I imagine the only comfort to her parents , relatives and friends grief is that she was a hero in the true sense.

She is still alive. Or did I miss some news?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: digoots

She is still alive, stable and is receiving a blood transfusion from Dr. Brantly. Hopefully it works!

Source

As for her dog, I had to fight back tears as I own a cavalier spaniel
. I thought dogs are asymptomatic carriers? I wonder if they can test dogs to see if they are carrying the virus? They said they are monitoring the dog - not sure if it is for symptoms or testing?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CINY8

originally posted by: digoots

She is still alive, stable and is receiving a blood transfusion from Dr. Brantly. Hopefully it works!

Source

As for her dog, I had to fight back tears as I own a cavalier spaniel
. I thought dogs are asymptomatic carriers? I wonder if they can test dogs to see if they are carrying the virus? They said they are monitoring the dog - not sure if it is for symptoms or testing?

They're monitoring for symptoms. They're going to do everything they can to keep this dog alive and healthy. One of the reasons they're not doing what Spain did is that people will not come forward if they get sick because they are afraid of what will happen to their pets.

I'm a huge animal lover and I made caring for animals my career. I can't imagine giving up an animal because I got sick!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

But why monitor for symptoms if dogs are asymptomatic carriers? Meaning they carry the virus, which can transmit to others but not get sick themselves? Monitoring the dog would require the same amount of hazard precautions as caring for a sick human ebola patient.

For example, I personally have gotten sick from strep throat from a dog I have previously owned. Dogs can carry strep but don't get strep throat themselves. I had to have my dog tested by a vet and it was confirmed.

Here is an article about dogs / ebola:

Source
edit on 14-10-2014 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2014 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CINY8
a reply to: texasgirl

But why monitor for symptoms if dogs are asymptomatic carriers? Meaning they carry the virus, which can transmit to others but not get sick themselves? Monitoring the dog would require the same amount of hazard precautions as caring for a sick human ebola patient.

For example, I personally have gotten sick from strep throat from a dog I have previously owned. Dogs can carry strep but don't get strep throat themselves. I had to have my dog tested by a vet and it was confirmed.

Here is an article about dogs / ebola:

Source

Yeah, I don't know. Maybe they do have a vet who comes in and tests. They haven't studied dogs with Ebola much so they're not really sure how it's all going to happen. The dog is under the 21 day quarantine, also.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: CINY8

Experts: No evidence dogs get, spread Ebola

Highlights from the article.

there have been no reported cases of dogs, or any other companion animals, contracting or spreading Ebola.

In humans, the primary cause of the Ebola virus outbreak is considered to be eating of wild animals, called bush meat, infected with the virus.

Dogs in Africa eat that same meat, too. But there is no evidence that dogs – wild or otherwise – can develop an active case of the virus by eating infected meat, and there is no evidence that they can spread it.

"The dog's immune system reacted to the virus it came in contact with but did not replicate it," Harty said. That means the dog's body recognizes there was a threat present and created antibodies to fight it, but the virus didn't create more copies of itself and spread, as a viral infection does. "It is highly unlikely a dog, cat or any other domestic animal could contract or transmit the disease."

Some experts have questioned whether dogs that have eaten contaminated meat or the bodies of people who died of Ebola could spread the virus through licking or biting, but there are no findings to show that potential.

source

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

I hope that article is true but there have been studies, such as the one in the article I linked above and other articles that can be searched online that say they may be asymptomatic carriers. I guess if they haven't proved it then they are quarantining her dog out of abundance of caution.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
US Nurse With Ebola "Associate" In Isolation Under Ebola Watch

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join