It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back Off! My life is MY LIFE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Sorry, but have to write something about how I am feeling as need to get this off my shoulders.

I am having real problems dealing with English society and these burdens being placed on me as an individual as forced behaviour.

I feel a very heavy weight of oppression stacked against me in England. I was born here; one English parent and the other not English.

I look very individual as I dress and wear my hair exactly as I wish to and not what others tell me to look like. I am very creative and the image I project is part of my creative expression of my individualism. It is not a manufactured protest against anything. I naturally have always done this and will always do this.

I approach my whole life with creativity and making my own rules and decisions. I abide by the laws of the society I am in and do not impose myself or my ideas onto anybody else.

Literally every time I leave my house it is a problem. I find people to be so cold, judgemental and really quite fascist. Most people I interact with seem so small minded and robotic. They are so filled with propaganda and behaviour patterns uploaded to their brain by the media and seem to have little individualism and personal vision. I find so much of what I have to tolerate to be very ugly and cold.

I have had this all my life; at school, in work and all other social environments. I have in fact given up on bothering with people. I live on my own wits in my own world. I did used to attempt to compromise, but this led only to being abused, misunderstood and I was the one who had to feel the pain and suffer the breakdowns and bullying just to try and live a normal working life.

I want to tell you people that you have no right to tell me how to live MY life. Who are you to impose your behaviour on me? Who are you to choose how I should live?

I don't go forcing you to adopt my ideas and social vision do I. I don't tell you that you must be a vegetarian and like dub music, that you must have long hair and be this, that and the other.

Live your life how you want. I have absolutely no interest in making you live and behave a certain way. What modern life is doing is very fascist in nature. It is giving the message that we must all behave in a certain way, so rigidly defined, and that anything else must be hammered down like the nail that decides to stick out or the bird that gets mobbed for being too colourful. Stop being such brutal, bullying beasts, people! There are almost seven billion of us and we are all individuals and our asses are not owned by anything except the universe that created us.

Back off politicians. You have no right to tell me how to live. Back off media! You are turning humanity into such narrow minded robotic little beasts. I will live the way I want. You do not own me. I am nature's child. I don't belong to you. I am NOT your slave.

I live my life with the art of colourful people like Jim Morrison, the poet Rimbaud, Bob Marley, etc. They are the people I admire most and give my ear to. They have lots to teach you selfish little creatures who go around playing social police and stamping your small mindedness on others. They taught me how to be free. You only teach and force an empty, slave like existence on those foolish enough to let you into their minds.

I will continue to be myself and have the freedom I have spent so many years trying to find. Yes, I have found mental freedom and it is very far away from you shadows of what you could be. I'll live or die trying.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None, but ourselves can free our minds"
Bob Marley "Redemption Song.

edit on 13-10-2014 by lonesomerimbaud because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
The US would probably drive you into the madhouse. We're a messed up, contradictory bunch over here.
Be you. That's all that matters, where ever you are on this rock. Be you. There's no better gift to the other 7 billion than the people who aren't cookie cutter mirrors of everyone else

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lonesomerimbaud

Just remember if you give into the negative they've won. If you are a decent person who causes no harm you should realize you're better than most. It took me a decade of internal conflict to realize that. Love is the key. Most people you meet every day are innocents who've been brainwashed. They don't know any better. Ranting is fine but don't walk around with hate in your heart.

Best of luck sir or madam.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

WE are a . . . contradictory bunch over HERE?? Then what in the world is the OP??

His complaint is

Who are you to impose your behaviour on me? Who are you to choose how I should live?

I don't go forcing you to adopt my ideas and social vision do I. I don't tell you that you must be a vegetarian and like dub music, that you must have long hair and be this, that and the other.

Live your life how you want. I have absolutely no interest in making you live and behave a certain way.

And then he's upset that people don't accept the behavior that he's forcing on them, choosing for them how they should live?

He tells society that they may not say anything critical of his appearance and behavior? That society must accept him and have no judgments about him that they are allowed to express outwardly?

Then he has the courage to say:

I don't go forcing you to adopt my ideas and social vision do I.

You're certainly trying to here. And:

Live your life how you want. I have absolutely no interest in making you live and behave a certain way.

Which is breathtaking for the sheer contradiction of the rest of his speech. This is one of those "I have no tolerance for those of you who aren't tolerant," piles of confusion.

If the OP wants to live his own life and do his own thing, he should allow others to do the same.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

That's a fun narrative. I wouldn't let it run around my mind for more than a microsecond.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
How exactly does the way you dress make you an individual?
Are you one of the non conformists in the all black uniform?

Sorry to tell you that everybody has an opinion and yours is no more important than theirs. You can either stick to your guns or bend to the will of others and not make waves. Sometimes that means taking heat from the majority.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952
I'm sorry, but I have to agree with Charles assessment to at least some degree. I have long hair, and I am a businessman(I know. Scary isn't it?). I have made a conscious choice to look and be a little different from the average Joe. Therefore, I expect that not everyone is going to accept that. Depending on how "different" you really are, criticism, comments, and hard looks are bound to come your way occasionally. It's the price we pay for not adhering to societal norms.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Absolute lie. Tons of people never see consequences to their choices. Just ask Wall Street. When they screw over people with their greed they never feel consequences. Do you think the hedge fund guy who held Argentina hostage to win points in the Wall Street game will have to meet any of the people whose lives he ruined?

Tolerance is tolerance. It's a shame people would rather attack disenfranchised individuals who suffer internally and cause no harm to others than question the mainstream people who peddle misery on a daily basis. My boss, who started his business out of a desire to help children, gets screwed by selfish rich people nickel and diming him. My mother who has never harmed another human being gets chewed out by people who have more money than they know what to do with all the time for no reason other than their need for control and belief that others exist only to serve their needs.

But yeah keep on beating down the little guy or the foreigner or the mentally ill or any other person without power. God forbid those who trying cause harm ever have to face responsibility for their actions.

Once again. Stay strong OP. If you live a life of love and believe in yourself you can never be brought down. People attack others to justify their own failings. Live your life how you want but expect deviating from the mainstream to cause problems. Crabs always try to drag down their brother who climbs towards freedom. Don't pull anyone else down and keep trying to elevate yourself. Happiness comes with hard work and perseverance just like anything else.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45
I can actually agree with much of what you've written here.
But the point I was making was simply that the OP and I cannot force others to see our individuality the same way we do. And if we try, we become what we dislike. Surely we both know by now there are always going to be those who hate what they think we stand for. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying that's the way it is.

As to the meme. In my opinion, there are always consequences for the choices we make. If I choose to get out of bed in the morning, there is a consequence, just as there is if I do not. The ultra-rich, and the evil of this world are no different. The consequences of our actions are there, whether we like them or don't like them, and whether they seen by others or not.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Listen, if you are having problems with the way people look at you, I have something to tell you. It is not right, it is not acceptable, but it IS not going to change. You have to make a choice, between being who you want to be, and being accepted by everyone else.

I know what that is like, and I made my choice early on, before I ever got close to my teens. Some people come to these things later, and in many ways, that is the harder path. What I must emphasise, is that there is no third way. You pick one, and you learn to live with your choice.

Personally, I have had some bad experiences but the friends I have made, and the good times I have had with me, myself and I, were worth every anguish. You might find otherwise, you might find the same, you might find that you do not care for any of it anymore, and become a monk, make some cheese for a decade or so, move on to the mulled wine at some point, who knows?

What you might find it helpful to remember, is that the people wandering around the world today, who would stand there and judge you to your face, or look at you rudely without taking the time to get to know you, who would discard you without understanding a damned thing about who you are, or what you feel... These people have not got lives, they are born blind, deaf and dumb, although they may never take a cheque from the government over it.

You know better than that. It does not make you better than them per se, there is always room for humility in that respect, but it does mean that although you will not have the same opportunities, in the same places as those blind ones, you will have opportunities which do not present themselves to dullards and morons such as those you describe.

I wish you the very best of possible luck with making peace with your choice.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Well...I guess you really told us!

Seriously? Live your life. Its yours. Dance to the beat you hear...no one elses. Really, thats how its supposed to be. You seem fine to me and perfectly normal.

But hey? None of us are PERFECTLY normal...but as I understand ...youre ahead of a lot of us! So, its (youre) all good!!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hey OP, sorry you are having a crappy old time with stuff.

I'm a brit and coincidentally a meat free dub-ist... where in the UK are dealing with this? and what is the non English heritage that you have too? Just after more info to understand where it's coming from and what could help out etc.

Of course my advice is likely to boil down to "screw 'em" but maybe with more info I could help further?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It sounds like you need to get more comfortable inside your own skin. Who are all these other people that their anonymous opinions should matter so much to you? Why do you let it bother you so much? If you were really as comfortable inside yourself as you claim, the only opinions that would matter to you would be the opinions of the really important people in your life.

I learned a long time ago that I was going to have to choose between being the person I was and liking the things I liked or living the shallow life of trying to be what everyone else around me thought I should be.

I chose to be myself, but it means that while I am so much more content and comfortable with myself I am also a lot lonelier. The friends I do have though are all the more precious because they. like. me. not who they think I am, and that's a valuable thing in this world today.

Just stop expecting the world to conform itself to you and make your own little space inside it. And understand that there will be times you might need to put on the mask to make it work (like in a professional life).

top topics

join