It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Looting? Its almost christmas and I want a Ps4.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Here's the good news for the health care worker ... it is caught early because people are watching for it. The health care worker will get sustaining treatment early and this will increase the chances of survival.

In the case of patient zero (Duncun) .. he got treatment very late because he lied about being around ebola people and so his sustaining treatment started very late. This healthcare worker will have treatment starting right away. It could make a difference.

If this person dies it will be because Duncun lied. It'll be on him.

And the bad news is anyone and everyone who had contact with her or anything she touched could now have and be spreading Ebola.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   
How close are we to the incubation period ending for anyone else that was in contact with Duncan prior to his hospital admission?

link   
a reply to: Xeven

Including the Commisioner and the Gov, who knows....you honestly think no one from the team met with the guys in charge and shook hands?

link   

originally posted by: Xeven
And the bad news is anyone and everyone who had contact with her or anything she touched could now have and be spreading Ebola.

Absolutely true. I'm just saying that it' good that it was caught so early.
There is a better chance of survival. (still not a good chance, but it's a bit better)
But I still put the blame for this at Patient Zeros' feet.
He lied to get here and he lied about ebola contact.
The spread of ebola here in the USA is directly his fault.

link   
im glad this thing cant spread in the us
unbelieveble

link   
im glad this thing cant spread in the us
unbelieveble

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Xeven

Absolutely true. I'm just saying that it' good that it was caught so early.
There is a better chance of survival. (still not a good chance, but it's a bit better)
But I still put the blame for this at Patient Zeros' feet.
He lied to get here and he lied about ebola contact.
The spread of ebola here in the USA is directly his fault.

Yes it is absolutely his fault and he has paid the price. I just hope no more have to pay his price.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'd put my money on one of the ambulance driver/emt guys. Cleaning out that ambulance after the guy was in it. You know they didn't take any special precautions, after all they let them keep driving around in it for a while.
edit on 10/12/2014 by Josephus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Blaming this guy is narrow minded and short sighted, it was going to happen sooner then later.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
I'd put my money on one of the ambulance driver/emt guys. Cleaning out that ambulance after they guy was in it. You know they didn't take any special precautions, after all they let them keep driving around in it for a while.
Was a Nurse. Though I could see more people having caught this disease and especially an ambulance worker.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Shana91aus

How close are we to the incubation period ending for anyone else that was in contact with Duncan prior to his hospital admission?

Duncan arrived in Dallas on the 20th of September. Without opening the can of worms of when did he spread it that was 22 days ago, today.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
BBC

Mr Duncan tested positive in Dallas on 30 September, 10 days after arriving on a flight from Monrovia via Brussels.

He became ill a few days after arriving in the US, but after going to hospital and telling medical staff he had been in Liberia, he was sent home with antibiotics. He was later put into an isolation unit at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas but died despite being given an experimental drug.

It is not clear at which point the health worker, who has tested positive in a preliminary test, came into contact with Mr Duncan.

So ten days after arriving he was in the hospital, eight days later he is dead. Two days later one of his team reports a fever...that is a lot of open ground if the new patient has had it for ten days
edit on 12-10-2014 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
CDC, Government, Hospitals and medical professionals DONT got this. We are in trouble and deniers can spam all they like while we watch the death toll run away from us. If your a preper it's time.

If we don't stop this right dam now, in 6 months the world could be a different place for those still living.
edit on 12-10-2014 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

thankyou, so obviously if it was spread to anyone that he was in contact with before going to the hospital its unlikely we will see anymore casees pop up apart from potential ones from the healthcare workers that treated him.. thats a little bit of a relief because atleast if it is only the healthcare workers at risk now then we know they will probably we closely monitored for fever or any symptoms and quarantined right away. atleast i hope that was the case with this worker! otherwise now we have to wait another few weeks too see of any repercussions from them being in contact with people and places, all those surfaces they would have touched
-.-

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It will be interesting to see what type of contact the nurse had with Duncan. We will only know what they tell us though.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well, they did keep on saying there were 8-10 (I think) people in the high risk category after being in contact with Duncan. So this shouldn't be a surprise.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
It will be interesting to see what type of contact the nurse had with Duncan. We will only know what they tell us though.

I'm very curious about that too. I'm guessing it's easier to transmit then what TPTB want to lead us to believe.

They should have treated him on a bus, I hear it's safe there.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully
Wonder who else out there has a low grade fever that ran into Duncan in last 20 days. I also wonder who the nurse has had contact with. Did this nurse leave Ebola on the door handle at Walmart?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join