It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman beaten to death after revealing death threats from prison guards.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   

“He told me to shut the f— up he was gone (sic) beat me to death and mess me like a dog,” Ellington wrote. She was serving a 22-month sentence for tax fraud relating to the filing of fake tax returns.

Ellington died in solitary confinement on Oct. 1, a day after a family member called the prison in Ocala, Florida, to express concerns raised by Ellington’s letter. Prison officials said Ellington was moved to solitary to help protect her.

A private autopsy conducted for her family found Ellington died from blunt trauma to the stomach consistent with being kicked or beaten

link

My my how surprising. I bet nobody gets indicted in this case. I imagine this is quite common and that most don't mention what is really happening in there bc they will suffer the same fate. What happens in prison stays in prison.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Seems to be a universal truth.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This story, not an unusual one, touches me deep. I'll skip the details. It's a little personal.
There will come a day of reckoning for the dogs.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
All institutions have become absolutely drunk with power and abuses are common everywhere, it boggles the mind that more people haven't woken up to the world we live in.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash

Seems to be a universal truth.

Truth carries consequence. This type of thing will have repercussion.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

She was serving 22 months for tax fraud. Tax fraud... taxes that would have eventually paid part of her murderer's salary.

22 months turned into an execution. For tax fraud.

Our private prison systems are a joke. I hope her family sues for a few truck loads of money and I hope her badged murderer gets solitary for a loooooooooong time and then in general population for another looooooong time.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

“He told me to shut the f— up he was gone (sic) beat me to death and mess me like a dog,” Ellington wrote. She was serving a 22-month sentence for tax fraud relating to the filing of fake tax returns.

Ocala is a money maker intended to make an offender..re-offend. AKA, a correctional facility.

edit on 10-10-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

This is why everyone should avoid prison at all costs...imagine if everyone just didn't cooperate...run....bond out and run if you can...# them. Make it cost them billions. Collapse it any way you can.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

The rich, powerful and influential do as they may, the rest do as they must. This has been the arrangement for millenia. All the penniless have is whatever truth they can come by, and if your empire can't stand up to a few words, then it is built on less than sand. If you attack the defenseless the truth of your own inherent weakness will reverberate within your own ranks until there is nothing left. This is why a martyr is the most powerful force in existence. And when a lamb understands this and marches willingly to the slaughter, great empires can crumble into nothingness.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
a reply to: skunkape23

"The rich, powerful and influential do as they may, the rest do as they must. This has been the arrangement for millenia."

The perfect description of OJ Simpson, to bad money and influence doesn't help stupid.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Privatisation of prison... see, when you turn a government service into a private business, the human beings involved become liabilities... dehumanization at work. The SS guards must know they can get away with murder and feel nothing removing a liability...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I bet he goes on leave then resigns with a pension , i wonder do they have cctv cameras there which might have not been turned on at the time , be a case of same old same old again

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yah, sure… avoid prison at all costs.

Sometimes they send you up for no just reason.

# 1 rule there--- shut the f*** up.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think cops and prison guards are some of the most corrupt people on the planet. Look at all the other countries and the US. This guard won't get caught. The camera's will be non existence or conveniently not working and paperwork messed up. It shouldn't be that easy to kill someone in prison but it happens ALL THE TIME.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Nah they collectively work together.

When I was in jail they would bring inmates out to an area where there weren't any cameras and beat the # out of the. And basically carry the, back.

In this jail the guards were police officers doing a short stint in the jails. So the same cops on the streets were the ones killing and beating and maming inmates.

any cop who says otherwise is either turning a blind eye or is lying.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

She went up to fake tax returns? By any chance was she one of the ones that came out and proved that you don't have to file tax returns? Was she a proponent of UCC-1.

Just asking because if she was of the sovereign minority this could have been a scheduled hit.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
This story, not an unusual one, touches me deep. I'll skip the details. It's a little personal.
There will come a day of reckoning for the dogs.

I don't think there will. Evil and cruelty go unchecked in this world. There is no redeeming force, no day of reckoning. The Earth doesn't care, god doesn't care, nothing cares. There are no bad deeds, only deeds.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DestroyDestroyDestroy

I hope her relatives sue and sue and sue.

Am I right in thinking that prisons, which in the USA are a major bujsiness today started to increase their 'market' once unemployment bit into America's workers. Its sure one way of keeping a lot of intelligent people opff the streets and causing problems too big for the police to handle with protests against unfair policies.

I know the real hardnosed criminals need to be contained but America has made a business out of prison, with vote benefits etc for the politicians. Surely there should be some form of 'watchdog' overseeing prisons with teeth to close them down if they don't give a reasonable and fair level of care.

The one benefit from prison that is never touched on is that instead of punishment - which is already carried out by the removal of people from their loved ones etc, it gives you have a captive classroom to re-educate and turn out people with qualifications fit to join the workforce and eager to get into a decent salary. We should be past cameron's name and shame once a person has served a sentence and we all should have the confidence to know that that person, on leaving prison has gained new qualifications for a new way of life - and we should respect people who take this opportunity - were it offered - to start again without any stigma - today that stigma is a form of bullying and means you cannot get a job unless they take offenders and so people leaving prison may as well have a branded forehead. It also means they can be exploited which insurance companies are up to already.

This is all lost in the UK where incarceration is just that and useless seen by the reoffenders there is no policy in place to stop vulnerable people like Ms Ellington becoming victims of the thugs that choose to work next to ordinary prison officers. When is society going to learn?

top topics

join