It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Happened On The Night When Phil Hartman Tragically Died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
www.alternet.org...

Found this. It's from a recently released book. It's incredibly sad to read. It's not terribly gruesome, just a little with the description of the wounds inflicted, but it was really hard to read nonetheless. All I ever knew was that it happened and reading this was heartbreaking. Really. Not because he was well known as this could happen to anyone. It is simply a very sad story There's no explanation in this excerpt on why she did this and it seems we'll never really know. Drugs and alcohol were involved but I'd bet there were deeper problems and they only made it worse.

You'll have to read it if you want any more than this paragraph. I could post some of it but don't know if I should. This is one of the worst things I have ever read, really, and I've read and seen some awful things over the years. Senseless end of two lives. Could you imagine being the friend Ron, or the kids, ugh.

I don't know if any good can come from reading this. Maybe a mental health debate but there's so little here about the why's of this that much would most likely be speculation. I'm just warning you if you do decide to read this. At the very least it's depressing, at worst it's very disturbing.

In almost all respects, Phil Hartman was incredibly successful. A standout star on NBC’s "Saturday Night Live" and "NewsRadio," and a popular voice-over artist on Fox’s "The Simpsons," he was beloved by millions worldwide. But when it came to marriage, Phil faltered — though not for lack of trying. Famously, his wounded third union, to the increasingly troubled Brynn Omdahl, ended in tragedy when Brynn shot Phil and then herself in the early morning hours of May 28, 1998. And while it is by no means the defining moment of Phil’s colorful life, his shocking death still resonates deeply with family, friends and fans. Until now, however, little was known about what really happened. Here, more than 16 years after Phil’s passing, is the most complete account ever of that fateful night.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Andy Dick got Brynn back on the coc aine. This is a well known secret out in Hollywood.

As far as I'm concerned, Andy Dick bit the hand that fed him and killed his golden goose.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. I never had cause to look into his death so this story was a bit of a shock. Knowing it happened then hearing the sad details are two different things, I'll say. Now I know more than I needed to.

join