It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-ISIS radicals with machetes, knives attack Kurds in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Peaceful protests against IS in Syria and Iraq organized by Kurdish nationals in several German cities ended with serious clashes with pro-jihadist Muslims in Hamburg and Celle. Police had to request reinforcements to restore order.

Police in Hamburg, a port city of 1.8 million people, used water cannons, batons and pepper spray late Tuesday to disperse crowds of warring Kurds and pro-jihadist Muslims, armed with knives and brass-knuckles, following a protest against Islamic State militants who are attacking the Kurdish town of Kobani in Syria near the Turkish border.

Pro-ISIS radicals with machetes, knives attack Kurds in Germany

And:

Isis riots spreading across Europe as Islamists clash with Kurdish supporters in Germany

To read 'the independent' articles without subscribing, just hit the stop button as soon as the page loads, before the subscribe banner pops up.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

How do they know they were IS supporters and not angry Turks reacting to this...

A bigger group of about 500 Kurdish demonstrators marched through downtown Hamburg. On their way, they damaged several cars and Turkish snack bars, breaking panes of glass and throwing around plastic chairs. Police detained 14 rioters.

Nothing seems to confirm they were pro-IS...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Muslims in Europe are a greater problem than ISIS in the middle East.
Why stop ISIS when they are taking Europe's most radical Muslims out and into the Middle East?
I would rather they stay there and enjoy their "caliphate" than give them any reason to come back - lest they continue building their caliphate on European soil.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Every day I get more impressed by US foreign policy

They fund and create ISIS and so many other problems.

And then stand back across the great oceans and sing.......oops I did it again ...LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ExSmokerYes

They fund and create ISIS

Ok. I'll bite. How did the US "create" ISIS? I've got to hear this.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If true (Not saying it is yet, without proof)

If True...

None German ISIS, ISIL, IS supporters should be on the receiving end of a good old fashioned sized twelve to their rears help on out the door.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

ahahahahah

you don't know ?

US government, along with others like Saudis, UK etc, funded Syrian rebels to fight Assad. And they they couldn't win and kill Assad in southern Syria, they decided to spread to Iraq and became ISIS.

This by the way is public knowledge, I strongly suggest you keep up otherwise you will look foolish to most people.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

This by the way is public knowledge, I strongly suggest you keep up otherwise you will look foolish to most people.

Your "public knowledge" is quite flawed. But then again, most peoples knowledge of IS/ISIL/ISIS is. ISIS was around immediately after Saddam was overthrown. ISIS consisted of Saddams hard-core supporters back then. I've seen the intel reports, attended the briefings, wrote OPORDs and FRAGOs and even coordinated and participated in raids upon them during my tours of Iraq.

ISIS is not new, they've been around since 2003.

Now to say that the US/NATO is responsible for ISIS, there is a grain of truth to that. We greatly contributed to the Sahwat al-Anbar (Awakening) movement, also called the "Sons of Iraq". This movement was primarily made of Sunni tribes and was quite successful at the time. But as usual, they were left out to hang when the US/NATO stopped funding them and withdrew and the Shia government didn't pick up the slack.

Plenty of blame to go around.

www.meforum.org...
edit on 9-10-2014 by TDawgRex because: All thumbs it seems today

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
And our German government is still afraid of our past.
Instead of saying, that they will deport everybody that is an ISIS supporter and has another nationality than German (otherwise they could not deport him) they want to make it harder for them to leave Germany and travel to Syria.
Just let them get there, but simply never let them in again...
It can be that easy, where is the problem?
Today I heard Wolfgang Bosbach saying, that he want to resocialize the people that are willing to come back.
So, we should let them leave, let them fight, let them kill innocent people and then I should pay taxes that they are being reintegrated in our society?
No way that I support that. I do not support Jihad tourism

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

How do they know they were IS supporters and not angry Turks reacting to this...

A bigger group of about 500 Kurdish demonstrators marched through downtown Hamburg. On their way, they damaged several cars and Turkish snack bars, breaking panes of glass and throwing around plastic chairs. Police detained 14 rioters.

Nothing seems to confirm they were pro-IS...

Have to support this ... more likely to be the case.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well of course they are pro Islamic State, the caliphate (successorship) and the caliph (successor of Muhammad) are not some wild idea.
They will fight and protect their religion Islam, any attack on the caliphate will be seen as an attack against Islam.
The name isis or isil does not point to a group but points to what they are fighting for, hence the name change to IS when the caliphate 'Islamic State' was proclaimed.
So the west is not fighting against isis or IS but against an ideology which has a great deal of followers around the world.
In other parts of the world they fight under other names, like boko haram, al shabaab, al qaeda, al nusra, hezbollah, hamas and so on.
To them, sunni islam is the only real islam, shia muslims, yazidi, christians and kurds are therefore not safe and slaughtered in masses, women and children sold as slaves.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42
Well of course they are pro Islamic State, the caliphate (successorship) and the caliph (successor of Muhammad) are not some wild idea.
They will fight and protect their religion Islam, any attack on the caliphate will be seen as an attack against Islam.
The name isis or isil does not point to a group but points to what they are fighting for, hence the name change to IS when the caliphate 'Islamic State' was proclaimed.
So the west is not fighting against isis or IS but against an ideology which has a great deal of followers around the world.
In other parts of the world they fight under other names, like boko haram, al shabaab, al qaeda, al nusra, hezbollah, hamas and so on.
To them, sunni islam is the only real islam, shia muslims, yazidi, christians and kurds are therefore not safe and slaughtered in masses, women and children sold as slaves.

Very refreshing to see people who understand reality!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ExSmokerYes

I think that is...yes I am certain that is egg somewhere on your face

I am just teasing, I too believed the same thing you cited until I was learned different in this here thread.
edit on 10/10/2014 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I just love that europe accepts refugees and illegal immigrants from all over who cause trouble and start demanding welfare. but when a real immigrant wants to move because he/she wants a place where his/her dreams can come true, they meet a bunch of paperwork and need to pay more money than they can produce.
Sometimes i really wish for the downfall of society as a whole, from America to China, from Europe to Russia. From Argentina to Japan.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

They fund and create ISIS

My doctor is from Syria, and has family still in Syria. I asked him what his opinion on IS was. He is under the impression IS was created by Assad. IS was created by Assad by letting the majority of their prisoners out to help fight the fsa. After release IS had other plans. Assad could not control the problem he created. This is not from my mouth. But from my doctors mouth that has family keeping him in the loop of things. Take it how you will.

He and his family wanted the United States to come in after that red line was crossed. They actually do want Assad out of power. I figured it would be the other way around, but he proved me wrong. Not saying his family speaks for the majority, but it just might be.
edit on 11-10-2014 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join