It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Impeached: Seriously, what WOULD it take?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Define what "valid reason" is.
IF the Rep's take the Senate, and that's a big if, I'd wager you'll see a fast track to impeachment.

Just won't happen. Even if the GOP take the Senate they will NEVER get the 2/3 votes needed. If they try it it will be political theater and a waste of time instead of actually fixing things.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Alright above Obama supporters You try and discredit ME because I dont agree with you on Obama?

Funny that, you try and discredit Obama and his supporters because you do not agree with them, then have a little whine about it because you did not receive 100% support!

Obviously none of you read through the entire thread,

Obviously you have never read the constitution!

Um...its not because I dont agree with them or Obama, its that I have spent the last SIX YEARS watching my beloved country taken down by his incompetence and lack of leadership. THAT cannot be debated. He has done EVERYTHING to destroy America.

link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
I think that is grounds enough for impeachment.

OK. All you've got to do is convince the Senate.

link   

Alright above Obama supporters You try and discredit ME because I dont agree with you on Obama? Obviously none of you read through the entire thread, so I will issue the CHALLENGE again. Tell me ONE positive thing that he did for this country....that simple, tell me what he has accomplished as POTUS. Ill wait....

ireport.cnn.com...
www.factcheck.org...

Do some reading.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

Define what "valid reason" is.
IF the Rep's take the Senate, and that's a big if, I'd wager you'll see a fast track to impeachment.

Just won't happen. Even if the GOP take the Senate they will NEVER get the 2/3 votes needed. If they try it it will be political theater and a waste of time instead of actually fixing things.

I agree. Even if they started now, it would take a lot longer than two years that he has remaining in office.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Alright above Obama supporters You try and discredit ME because I dont agree with you on Obama? Obviously none of you read through the entire thread, so I will issue the CHALLENGE again. Tell me ONE positive thing that he did for this country....that simple, tell me what he has accomplished as POTUS. Ill wait....

ireport.cnn.com...
www.factcheck.org...

Do some reading.

LMAO!!! CNN and a government ran website? Im not even going to waste my time.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

ireport.cnn.com...
www.factcheck.org...

Do some reading.

Says the guy that posted a link to the Heritage Foundation in his O.P

Hilarious

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

ireport.cnn.com...
www.factcheck.org...

Do some reading.

Uh, numbers don't lie.
Nor do the websites cited within CNNs website.
You are the perfect image of a person that can be given information and still deny everything. People like you are what's wrong with this country.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You can not get anything to the floor of the Senate without Obama's approval because Harry Reid has used his position as a gatekeeper for Obama. Anything contrary to Obama's policies does not come out of committee for a general vote. That is why the House allowed a shutdown last year.

Honestly, I would rather see the politicians shoot it out at this point than see more political grandstanding. When their own buts were literally on the line then there might be better cooperation and compromise on issues as they came up. Until then, we can only hope they pull their heads out of their asses before the country really goods down the toilet.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Hilarious

Very funny
rationalwiki.org...

Like many conservative think tanks, it is full of unbelievable amounts of hot air, as evidenced in this quote, which also serves as a window into the corrupt quixotic soul of the organization: Liberation is at hand.... A paradigm-shattering revolution has just taken place... This revolution has been so sudden and sweeping that few in Washington have yet grasped its full meaning... the entire human outlook... will change... Once this shift takes place... we will be able to advance a true Hayekian agenda, including... radical spending cuts,[2] the end of the public school monopoly, a free market health-care system, and the elimination of the family-destroying welfare dole. Unlike 1944, history is now on the side of freedom. —former Republican Majority Leader Dick Armey, in a 1994 issue of Policy Review

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

ireport.cnn.com...
www.factcheck.org...

Do some reading.

Hilarious

No, says the guy that is seeing firsthand what horrible shape this country is in. For that, you dont need a link. Do you have anything of value to add to the conversation, or just trollin?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You can not get anything to the floor of the Senate without Obama's approval because Harry Reid has used his position as a gatekeeper for Obama. Anything contrary to Obama's policies does not come out of committee for a general vote. That is why the House allowed a shutdown last year.

over 300 to date. but it is politics as usual

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I think everything is up in the air right now. This midterm could go either way. The Rep's might take the Senate. The Dem's might take the House. Usually it's pretty easy to read from the outside. This one's different. My bet is on status quo. Not strongly though.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

ireport.cnn.com...
www.factcheck.org...

Do some reading.

Uh, numbers don't lie.
You are the perfect image of a person that can be given information and still deny everything. People like you are what's wrong with this country.

Your saying that "people like me that are given information but still deny everything" are whats wrong with this country? Read that again and realize how stupid that actually sounds....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

ireport.cnn.com...
www.factcheck.org...

Do some reading.

Uh, numbers don't lie.

Your saying that "people like me that are given information but still deny everything" are whats wrong with this country? Read that again and realize how stupid that actually sounds....

What? Do you want me to say YOU are what's wrong with the country? I didn't know you wanted to take that kind of responsibility.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Ahabstar

The Dem's might take the House.

Interesting. RCP shows the House 25 short and I think that even if the planets aligned best case is they are still 10 short. I agree the Senate is a dead heat though.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I'm Canadian. Looking at it from the outside. It's not as bad for the Dem's as you would think.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

It will be interesting to see. RCP actually polls and I gave them another 10 so who knows. it won't matter they will find a way to create gridlock. Both parties suck.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: howmuch4another

It will be interesting to see. RCP actually polls and I gave them another 10 so who knows. it won't matter they will find a way to create gridlock. Both parties suck.

If it's any consolation we have 3 national parties and they all suck too.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

no. no consolation. I have too many canadian friends. I wish we could all fix our sh@#!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join