It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Impeached: Seriously, what WOULD it take?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass
a reply to: thesmokingman

You may be misjudging who is in control of the USG.
There is a shadow government that has taken over. They likely enacted the protocol when they took out JFK. He went off script. Way off.

Nixon was on script until he got arrogant about his power. He was offered a deal he couldn't refuse and resigned.

I would say POTUS is currently on script. Wars are churning away and corporations are getting stronger.
He's not going anywhere. Serving his masters while maintaining the near 50/50 partisan split. The key is the 50/50 split. They couldn't pull it all off without that. I bet you've noticed the near perfect 50/50 split of the population. Right?

It's by design.

No, I do agree with you here. Besides Clinton, the last president to have a mind of his own was kennedy, and the CIA blew that...well....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
a reply to: thesmokingman

Two things you missed:
1. Last year's ATS threads "The Obama Deception" by Alex Jones.
2."I want to transform America" - Mission Statement of BHO.

I guess I am still missing something?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
He hasn't done anything worth being impeached for. Being an average president or maybe a little below average with a huge propaganda machine against him isn't the same as being a crook.

We didn't impeach Reagan for Iran Contra...or Bush Sr for being a way below average pres with a really bad vice...we didn't impeach Bush jr for starting two wars, and making money off of them.

Most of what you hear about Obama is just propaganda. Not impeachable.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Bet your a$# that 1% of the nation contracting ebola would do it. Whether it was criminal or not. IT would certainly happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
None of these three resulted in removal from office, and all three stand for the principle that impeachment should not be perceived as a device simply to remove a political opponent. In that regard, the caution of the Framers has been fulfilled.

Read that carefully. The framers didn't intend for impeachment to be a means of removing a person from office, yet you say:

So, I guess my point is, what is it going to take to get Obama out of office?

What it will take is clear and others have elaborated. But you're not going to get him out unless Congress and the Senate agree with your assertions. And apparently, they do not.

You've shown you don't even know what impeachment is, much less know what impeachable offenses are. Claiming that it's Obama's fault that this country is "on its knees" or that he ran it into the ground, or that he has ANYTHING to do with ebola is just opinion. You can't impeach someone for your opinion of them (propaganda). People contracting ebola is NOT Obama's doing! How anyone can even think of blaming him for that is insane!

Yes, Clinton was impeached for something VERY stupid! That doesn't mean we should impeach every president because we don't like him or have a bad opinion of him. We elect for 4 years.
edit on 10/8/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
He would have to do something illegal. What exactly would that be? I mean beyond the stuff the nutters claim? When all is said and done Obama will end up rated somewhere in the middle of the Presdential pack. He came into a nation that was in an economic mess, in two wars, and polling poorly around the world. He will leave in pretty good economic recovery, in a minor conflict and polling very well around the world. When you leave office and the country is in better shape than when you started you do not get impeached. Even Bush Jr. and the mess he left did not lead to that, while he had some big screw ups he never did anything illegal. Hell Reagan sold arsm to our enemy in Iran inexchange for hotages and took the money and funded a rebel/terror group in Central America and no impeachment. And considering the beating the GOP took for going after Clinton in what was clearly a potical attack, neither party wants to face that kind of backlash again.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
A president cannot be impeached just because you don't agree with his policies.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Negligence and extreme incompetence to the detriment of the United States of America is included if I remember right.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
>>
and now we have viruses like ebola coming to America after 38 years!!!
>>

Thanks to Obama? Excuse me when I can NOT take your post seriously, unlike this other "anti Obama" thread which is actually halfway reasonable.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

So what actually DOES it take for impeachment?

A valid reason, for starters.
Not liking Obama or his party is not actually a valid reason, despite what some think!

So, I guess my point is, what is it going to take to get Obama out of office?

When he leaves it in 2017
edit on 8-10-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

Negligence and extreme incompetence to the detriment of the United States of America is included if I remember right.

Umm Nope

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Because you're still thinking your vote matters?

Once everyone realizes that until Corruption is cleared from Politics, your vote will NOT count.
They will put in who they want to put in.

You think installing Puppet Leaders in 3rd world countries is easy? Look at the 1st world "democracy".

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Define what "valid reason" is.
IF the Rep's take the Senate, and that's a big if, I'd wager you'll see a fast track to impeachment.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

How about signing a bill into law asserting a power not granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution, therefore bypassing the Amendment Process, which makes a majority of the citizens a criminal if they do not purchase a particular product. And those "criminals" would have to argue their defense in a particular court that operates somewhat outside of full Constitutional jurisprudence? Oh and has made multiple changes to that law by administrative decree, mainly that corporations were exempt but individual private citizen were not.

I think that is grounds enough for impeachment. Heck, I think it is grounds enough for Civil War to escape such tyranny. After all, the tax on tea was only 3 cents per pound at the Boston Tea Party.

edit on 8-10-2014 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Alright above Obama supporters You try and discredit ME because I dont agree with you on Obama? Obviously none of you read through the entire thread, so I will issue the CHALLENGE again. Tell me ONE positive thing that he did for this country....that simple, tell me what he has accomplished as POTUS. Ill wait....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   

You can't just generalize a reason. It must be specific high crimes or misdemeanors that the governing bodies agree with. Not something as generalized as "negligence and incompetence"...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You can't just generalize a reason. It must be specific high crimes or misdemeanors that the governing bodies agree with. Not something as generalized as "negligence and incompetence"...

What about military action in Libya and Syria, (last year, not this year)? Did he just not need the approval of congress?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Alright above Obama supporters You try and discredit ME because I dont agree with you on Obama?

Funny that, you try and discredit Obama and his supporters because you do not agree with them, then have a little whine about it because you did not receive 100% support!

Obviously none of you read through the entire thread,

Obviously you have never read the constitution!

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Tell me ONE positive thing that he did for this country....that simple, tell me what he has accomplished as POTUS. Ill wait....

There's a whole list right here:

Obama's Accomplishments

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Umm Nope

Lets agree to disagree bubba

Iwww.answers.com...

Thats just the first one I clicked on. I say yes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join