It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 DISD Employees on Leave for Slow Ebola Cleanup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
www.nbcdfw.com... .html

Two Dallas Independent School District custodial employees have been placed on administrative leave after cleaning five Dallas schools affected by the city's Ebola case.

It looks like there's yet some more mess ups, this time involving DISD and their cleanup of the 5 schools that had students attending who had contact with Thomas Duncan.

The leader of the custodial crew, named as Guerrero, decided to order hazmat suits for his employees.

Guerrero, on staff with DISD for 27 years now, decided to order Hazmat suits for the cleaning crew.

Then, the school district decided it wasnt really neccesary to thoroughly clean those 5 schools.

The district in a statement said it "was not necessary to thoroughly clean those campuses."

The day following the cleanup, one of Guerrero's bosses said two of the campuses, Sam Tasby Middle School and Emmett J. Conrad High School, were not clean enough.

It looks like another big mess. In addition to the above, the custodial cleaning crew was given an extremely limited amount of time to clean those schools.

Guerrero said he did best he could, even with a couple of extra city employees pitching in.

"It took 11 hours to clean an apartment, an apartment. And you give me eight hours to get it done?" Guerrero said, referring to cleanup of the Ebola patient's apartment.

So the district says the schools dont need to be really clean, while the custodians order hazmat suits, then the crew is given a small amount of time to clean the schools, then it's decided that the schools were not clean enough, and now 2 of the custodians are on leave. To me, it looks like another mashup where they dont really know what they're doing.
edit on 7-10-2014 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
People need to understand...you can only catch it from someone that is SHOWING SYMPTOMS. So unless Duncan personally went to all five of these schools WHILE he was sick, and spread bodily fluids all over the place, its safe. The virus only lives a short amount of time on any surface. This is WAY overkill in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I guess it would cost too much money to take the proper precautions if there were suspicions of the presence of ebola? I mean how does one infer that because it took 11 hours to clean an apartment that a team would only need 8 hours to clean a school? It has to be about money.. it's always about money.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
People need to understand...you can only catch it from someone that is SHOWING SYMPTOMS. So unless Duncan personally went to all five of these schools WHILE he was sick, and spread bodily fluids all over the place, its safe. The virus only lives a short amount of time on any surface. This is WAY overkill in my opinion.

Unless they are carrying it ON them..........

They dont HAVE to have it to transmit it....
edit on 10/7/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
I guess it would cost too much money to take the proper precautions if there were suspicions of the presence of ebola? I mean how does one infer that because it took 11 hours to clean an apartment that a team would only need 8 hours to clean a school? It has to be about money.. it's always about money.

Why werent the CDC or a crew qualified to handle an area possibly exposed to a biological hazard, AND equipped to do so, cleaning this place?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Considering could have had the biological hazard ON THEM.......

They dont HAVE to have it to transmit it........

Yes, and then, before the virus dies, which is very quickly, then it would then need to come in contact with an open sore, or other transfer of bodily fluids.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Considering could have had the biological hazard ON THEM.......

They dont HAVE to have it to transmit it........

Yes, and then, before the virus dies, which is very quickly, then it would then need to come in contact with an open sore, or other transfer of bodily fluids.

The virus can live for around 4 days outside the body, sometimes longer depending on temperature, less if its in constant direct sunlight........

And no it doesnt have to get in an open sore......you can get it just like the flu........mucous membranes, rub your eyes, touch your mouth , etc......

it doesnt have to be an open sore......and you dont have to be vomited on or have to be rubbed into an open cut......contrary to whats being told

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It makes no sense. I can't even begin to buy the argument that it is just gross incompetence. I guess as always, follow the money.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kicked
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

It makes no sense. I can't even begin to buy the argument that it is just gross incompetence. I guess as always, follow the money.

No really it doesnt....watching it from down here in the Ft.Worth area, its a complete cluster to be honest.

Watching how this whole thing is being handled is like watching a giant monkey "mate" with a giant football....

There has been so much gross negligence and outright blatant attempts at changing the story and censorship that its amazing......

If news crews around here werent covering this 24/7 and at these peoples houses etc, we probably would have never known that they were allowed to come and go and have visitors and go to the store, etc etc etc.......

We probably would have never known that they took THAT long to clean that house.......

I know people down here in the medical field that work at a few hospitals in the area, and the consensus is, we arent ready.......and honestly, if it hits that magnitude, im not sure we ever could be.........

Not unless we drop the money aspect, forget revenue, and pump out as much of the virus fighting stuff as we can as a nation to fight this thing off...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If my kids were in those schools I'd want them cleaned spotless. Possible scenario here ... Mr Duncan is infectious and at home with the kids playing and doing their thing. They could be carriers of the virus on their persons, their clothes, lunchboxes, school kit - all of which has been exposed . Kids go off to school and mingle, throw their clothes down, share their lunch box contents, share their school kit. They do the same the next day and the next. I once saw a demonstration of how kids can share a cold or flu virus - the kids had some flourescent paint on their hands, and at the end of the day they put it all under UV light - it was everywhere.

top topics

join