It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is a failure. Failed us all. Failed his supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: neo96

Thanks to Citizens United, here is a list of "people" at the very top who paid no taxes at all.

Thanks to CU eh ?

Well then:

Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, 558 U.S. ___ (2010), (Docket No. 08-205), is a U.S. constitutional law case dealing with the regulation of campaign spending by organizations. The United States Supreme Court held that the First Amendment prohibits the government from restricting independent political expenditures by non profit organizations. The principles articulated by the Supreme Court in the case have also been extended to corporations, labor unions and other associations.

en.wikipedia.org...

I guess we can add:

yourbusiness.azcentral.com...

Those unions.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a reply to: neo96

Thanks to Citizens United, here is a list of "people" at the very top who paid no taxes at all.

What!?
No walmart?
No mcdonalds?
No minimum wage companies on that list?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Every. Single. Promise. Was. A. Lie. He has done absolutely nothing to further American interests in ANY category. His presidency can be summed up in just a few words, "I didn't know, I saw it on the news" "you can keep your doctor, period" and him playing golf, taking lavish vacations while the USA needed a strong leader more than ever. Maybe not more than ever, but more than ever in my lifetime. I loathe this man.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Thanks to the internet, we are having this discussion. These could be the last few minutes before the gov't decides to shut the internet down. If that happens, WHAT are we (the people who agree that what has happened up until this point regarding our gov't has been wrong) going to do? I vote that should that happen, we peacefully establish a new govt based on the non-aggression principle and the belief that people have rights to own their own bodies, and the products of their labor. Who agrees?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

For a very long time I have waited for a chance to change things. I used to imagine that some farmer, from the midwest, just having lost his farm - or having been paid off not to grow food ( a real thing ) would just throw his arms up and begin walking towards DC.

Some local news agency would pick up the story and run with it.

The story would break nationally.

And by the time that farmer got to the steps of Congress he'd have hundreds of thousands in his wake.

I still cling to that dream even as an older man who sees all of the potential holes in it.

If they kill the Internet ( which I doubt they would because this IS our bread and circuses ) I think maybe my dream will alter and it will be a 'Net geek instead of a farmer, but with even greater results.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: JamesCookieIII

For a very long time I have waited for a chance to change things. I used to imagine that some farmer, from the midwest, just having lost his farm - or having been paid off not to grow food ( a real thing ) would just throw his arms up and begin walking towards DC.

Some local news agency would pick up the story and run with it.

The story would break nationally.

And by the time that farmer got to the steps of Congress he'd have hundreds of thousands in his wake.

I still cling to that dream even as an older man who sees all of the potential holes in it.

If they kill the Internet ( which I doubt they would because this IS our bread and circuses ) I think maybe my dream will alter and it will be a 'Net geek instead of a farmer, but with even greater results.

Hear hear man! Amen to that. We need to simply have a sit down. Zero violence - just establish the counterculture needed to resist fascism and corporate corruption. We need to ensure the basic rights of ourselves, our families, and those across the entire globe to live peacefully. Do not give up, EVERYONE needs people like you to spread the good word - your hope inspires me. Thank God for people like you laddy.
edit on 10/7/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Don't put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there.

Obama: 'There’s A Sense ... The World Is Spinning So Fast and Nobody Is Able To Control It'
www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Don't put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there.

Obama: 'There’s A Sense ... The World Is Spinning So Fast and Nobody Is Able To Control It'
www.weeklystandard.com...

Presidents sure do get great speechwriters don't they ; )

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven

originally posted by: Answer
Do you honestly believe that the man living in the White House or the group "in control" of congress really matters in this country anymore?

Money runs this country. The people with enough money to buy politicians control what happens. It doesn't matter if there's a "D" or an "R" after their name, everyone working in D.C. is bought and paid for.

I believe a real man in the white house, one who is not trying to look good to history, one who really wants things to be better for those who voted for him has the right job to get his azz out there in the pulpit and tell people what they need to do in order to see improvement.

I believe the President of the Untied States can use his position to push people to go vote and to go vote with PURPOSE.

I believe President Obama has now irrevocably failed to lead.

I think you missed the point of my post. It doesn't matter how you vote... money always wins.

Every politician is a puppet and their strings are controlled by the corporations and special interest groups.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
" Obama is a failure. Failed us all. Failed his supporters "

And many people agree !!

75% of Americans Don't Trust Obama on Economy

People have HAD IT.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Still with the Breitbart fixation I see. If you'd follow their spin to the actual source these points would be made:

Just 24 percent of Americans say they are extremely or quite confident in Obama's economic policies and goals, down from 33 percent when the question was last asked in June 2013, the previous low-point of the Obama presidency. And 44 percent of the public say they have no confidence at all in the president on the economy, tied with the prior low in August 2012. (Prior surveys were conducted by the NBC/Wall Street Journal).

Note the words "extremely" and "quite confident" in that paragraph.

The CNBC survey shows slightly better views on the economy overall compared to a year ago, with 79 percent now judging the economy as fair or poor, down 5 points from a year ago. Those rating the economy as excellent or good rose 3 points.

And this interesting tid-bit to show that the spin isn't spinning very well...

In fact, just 23 percent of Republicans have high confidence in GOP lawmakers, or half the support that the president has among Democrats.

The first paragraph of the actual article from CNBC says:

Despite an improving economy and the lowest unemployment rate in six years, Americans' views of President Barack Obama's economic leadership stands at the lowest level of his presidency, according to the latest CNBC All-America Economic survey.

Link to unspun source for Breitbart commentary

So, given the actual facts of the survey, your statement should read "75% of Americans less than ecstatic over the current economy under President Obama" as those in the middle, neither happy nor unhappy do not qualify as "against".

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Oh hell that isn't gonna fly.

Well I don't believe in trickle down.

As opposed to what trickle 'up' economics does ?

Which is rob from the rich, and give to the poor so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

So you are saying that trickle down is the converse, rob from the poor to give to the rich?

That sounds about right

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I think Obama has, in substance, been a better conservative than either Bush. It is ironic than "conservatives" have such a demented mad on for him considering his policies.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: haviahabia

originally posted by: neo96
Oh hell that isn't gonna fly.

Well I don't believe in trickle down.

As opposed to what trickle 'up' economics does ?

Which is rob from the rich, and give to the poor so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

So you are saying that trickle down is the converse, rob from the poor to give to the rich?

That sounds about right

'So you are saying' when means something that was not said.

Rather self evident of what it means.

All social programs take from one person give to another person by authoritarianism.

Point of fact that is FASCISM.

According to Mussolini.

Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power."

Since all social programs GUARANTEE corporations money.

The sad part here ?

The income tax was created to pay down the states debt.

Over the course of two centuries it has been bastardized in to paying the 'peoples' bills.

That 'ENRICH' them evil corporations.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
So why do I think he failed? Well, we got some tea party folks elected, enough to make sure Obama could really pass nothing in almost his entire time as president.

Really?
He had a super majority the first 2 years. Senate, House, and Executive being himself
Since then he has had the senate, & the executive.

He has always had either
3/3 = All the power for 2 years
2/3 for the other 4 years.

What more does a president need in our framework of governing ?

Let me remind you that he didn't even ask 1 republican for their input on writing the healthcare bill. He basically walked up with a fully written bill and said sign it. LOL That's like owning a business with a partner, changing the business model on your own, then telling him to sign over on the changes.

Obama's problem has always been Partisan, dirty dealing politics. Another problem that went unnoticed is the Reporters without borders indictment against Obama. They are a world organization for reporters who are oppressed, suppressed, missing or in danger. They wrote a very detailed report as to why we dropped 20 + spots down to 43rd in the world when it comes to freedoms for press. This administrations tactics has everything to do with it. As a matter of fact Hillary C. said he is so focused on revenge against his enemies & leakers that he is putting Nixon to shame.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Boy are you dumb or what? You think Obama has been a failure? I say he's been one of the most successful presidents of all time. Just look at all the people he's helped. Big banks, Wall Street, and Multi National Corporations. He's done more for them than any other president ever. Now shut the F up with all this negative talk.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Obama must be the Republican's worst nightmare. A relatively young, black, Democrat named Barack Obama wins the presidency not once but twice, OMG it's the end of America as we know it. While I don't think he's been a great pres neither was the last pres Bush genius jnr and Darth Cheney. I think a lot of the hate has to do with the above. Oh and Obama is a hippy commie muslim. lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
This post probably not what you think. I voted for Obama twice. Why? Well I don't believe in trickle down. It is proven not to work. In fact I support most of Obama's policies and politics. So why do I think he failed? Well, we got some tea party folks elected, enough to make sure Obama could really pass nothing in almost his entire time as president. He has had to do what little can be done with Executive orders.
Congress aint going to help him period.

So why as a supporter of Obama do I blame him? Well it is simple. He has failed to lead the party. He has tried to our dismay to lead the country instead and has failed miserably at it. What he should have done and should be doing is saying this.

If you want to realize the hope I ran for, If you want to see more income going to workers than investors then I need you to get off your rear end on election day and vote Democrat. Had I know he would cow tow to Republicans in an effort to be some middle ground guy I would not have voted for him.

I need, we the people who make less than 200k need him to go out there and stop trying to be the middle guy and tell the people who will sit home on election day to get their LAZY AZZ off the couch and get some Democrats in House an Senate so he can actually change things to give you the hope you wanted.

If you sit home and blame, if you don't tell your friends to get out there and vote then you got no right to blame "O"/ Blame yourself then blame "O" for trying to suck up to the enemy.

Go freakin vote or shut up and be poor even when your working 8 hours a day...or more.

FYI Wife and I are doing fine we are well above 200k year but...we see value in all people willing to work for 8 a day and don't mind paying in a bit more. The truth is though its not us. Its your corporation who are hurting the middle class. It's your President sitting quietly not screaming at you to get out and vote who have failed. You not my wife and I will pay dearly for letting the Republicans win the senate this year. Vote or die. Simple as that. Tell your friends too...don't let the corporations win.

Well, I hate you. You are just one of the many who helped fruck the US. So thanks for goddam nothing.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
The alternative Republican pres team would have been McCain and Palin then Romney and Ryan. I think McCain and Palin would've brought new meaning to the terms incompetent and stupid. And I really believe Romney and Ryan couldn't care less about the average American in the slightest. I seriously doubt very much if these turkeys would be any better than Obama and Biden.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: haviahabia
I think Obama has, in substance, been a better conservative than either Bush. It is ironic than "conservatives" have such a demented mad on for him considering his policies.
He isn't conservative. This isn't rocket science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join