It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is a failure. Failed us all. Failed his supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This post probably not what you think. I voted for Obama twice. Why? Well I don't believe in trickle down. It is proven not to work. In fact I support most of Obama's policies and politics. So why do I think he failed? Well, we got some tea party folks elected, enough to make sure Obama could really pass nothing in almost his entire time as president. He has had to do what little can be done with Executive orders.
Congress aint going to help him period.

So why as a supporter of Obama do I blame him? Well it is simple. He has failed to lead the party. He has tried to our dismay to lead the country instead and has failed miserably at it. What he should have done and should be doing is saying this.

If you want to realize the hope I ran for, If you want to see more income going to workers than investors then I need you to get off your rear end on election day and vote Democrat. Had I know he would cow tow to Republicans in an effort to be some middle ground guy I would not have voted for him.

I need, we the people who make less than 200k need him to go out there and stop trying to be the middle guy and tell the people who will sit home on election day to get their LAZY AZZ off the couch and get some Democrats in House an Senate so he can actually change things to give you the hope you wanted.

If you sit home and blame, if you don't tell your friends to get out there and vote then you got no right to blame "O"/ Blame yourself then blame "O" for trying to suck up to the enemy.

Go freakin vote or shut up and be poor even when your working 8 hours a day...or more.

FYI Wife and I are doing fine we are well above 200k year but...we see value in all people willing to work for 8 a day and don't mind paying in a bit more. The truth is though its not us. Its your corporation who are hurting the middle class. It's your President sitting quietly not screaming at you to get out and vote who have failed. You not my wife and I will pay dearly for letting the Republicans win the senate this year. Vote or die. Simple as that. Tell your friends too...don't let the corporations win.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I am very much on the record here ( with a thread and posting history to prove it ) as having been a strong Obama supporter. I voted for him for exactly the same reason you have stated, failed economic policy in place since the cult of Reagan were in power ( An argument can be made that they still are, but I digress ).

But I will go you one further and state that I blame President Obama for the state of things every bit as much as I blame the obstructionist party he faced. I do not feel that he lost a battle against an adversary. I now strongly believe that it was all theater and that he was a closet Wall Street puppet long before the Tea Party ever starting attacking with the outlandish lies that kept many Americans looking in all the wrong places for all of these years.

In truth I have been left stymied by much of the right wing hatred towards the current POTUS because he has, with few exceptions, carried out their agenda as efficiently as a Republican POTUS would have. Hell, we're still embroiled in an ongoing war about "Obamacare" - which any resident of Mass would tell you is actually "Romneycare".

It's surreal.

My new approach to politics is this: No more lawyers. I will never vote for a lawyer for any office again. In fact what I would like to see is:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Perhaps it is the system hurting things more than the "lil people".

Great opinion. I simply disagree about 70%.

Cheers

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Do you honestly believe that the man living in the White House or the group "in control" of congress really matters in this country anymore?

Money runs this country. The people with enough money to buy politicians control what happens. It doesn't matter if there's a "D" or an "R" after their name, everyone working in D.C. is bought and paid for.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Vote or die. Simple as that. Tell your friends too...don't let the corporations win.

Never. I choose not to vote for either the Dem's or Rep's because I want to see what happens when YOU lazy people making 200k a year screaming about voting for Democrats/Republicans can't win just by threatening people.

YOU folks wish the younger generations were in MORE debt, were MORE indoctrinated, and left you in a BETTER position than everyone else. NOPE. I reject your reality and substitute my own. I am not an aggressive person, but if I have to defend myself, YOU DAMN sure better believe I will.

Good night, sir.

P.S. you are right, Obama is a failure. Only an ethical failure could graduate constitutional law school just to DESTROY the constitution, at the cost of his FELLOW AMERICANS fundamental rights. What a nightmare your decision process has led us to! WHAT A NIGHTMARE YOUR DECISION PROCESS IS GOING TO LEAD US TO!
edit on 10/7/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide
Dude we could be brothers.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh hell that isn't gonna fly.

Well I don't believe in trickle down.

As opposed to what trickle 'up' economics does ?

Which is rob from the rich, and give to the poor so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

Wanna know something ?

That is 'trickle down' too.

That is CORPORATE WELFARE.

I wonder how that has worked out since the 'war' on poverty began ?

We’ve Spent $22 Trillion on War on Poverty. What Have We Achieved?

That's been an epic failure.

More people are out of work, and dependent upon government for their existence. Than in this entire nations history.

Which effectively makes this country the worlds largest zoo, and the purveyors of social engineering the worlds highest paid zoo keepers.

Well, we got some tea party folks elected, enough to make sure Obama could really pass nothing in almost his entire time as president.

Sure enough, but that was because the country did not like the trifecta of Democrats 'Gone Wild' giving us the 'Affordable' shaft Act.

But then again what is not to like about Democracy eh ?

Turns out neither side likes 1 party rule all that much.

About the only thing I agree with is Obama is a failure.

Because he is an ideologue of better living through government.

Which is a slighter hipper wrap of corporate welfare aka 'trickle down' economic because all that cash that is robbed from the haves, and given to the have nots?

ALL ends up in the same place.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

I reluctantly agree. Obama has been spineless since the 2010 election. I really, really like candidate Obama more than I like President Obama.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Obama is doing exactly what he was installed to do...destroy America and the " shills " are doing a great job of making him look stupid...IMO

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesCookieIII
No I don't. I started work at 14 as a painter. Helped pain my Own school. I then worked at McDonalds till I graduated and joined the USAF. I went to school between wars and now work as a Software Engineer. I married a wife with similar hard working background. We make 200k a year because I have worked since I was a kid. I am 46 now and living a nice life but I believe anyone willing to work for 8 a day should make more than an investor. Though my wife and I have some nice retirement money sitting in investments now. I would not mind making less on that so workers could make more. We continue to work as well.

Choosing not to vote is the same thing as surrender. You are getting out of life what you are putting in. Don't you dare blame me. I work ever single freaking day and I continue to educate myself at age 46.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Obama is a failure because the only thing he has ever ran was his mouth. I didn't want Hillary for president but she was the lesser of two evils.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

When the country and system started every voter was intelligent and well informed. Today is different. I frankly hope that these people do not vote though I am sure the democrats picking them up in busses negates my hope.

I really don't even want the recent 29.3% persons that do not graduate HS to vote.

To be honest. If you are on warfare and refuse to work.... I don't want you to vote.

Your take is noble. You want the old great american system to work. The reality is all things have to bend and change with time or shatter. The USA is not bending or changing.

edit on 7-10-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Trickle up? Nah. Don't give it to the government to redistribute. Force companies to pay workers more than they pay investors. Most companies, the established ones don't really need investors anyway these days.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

When the country and system started every voter was intelligent and well informed.

This is a complete fabrication. Most, even high school graduates are far better educated than the average American voter was when this county and system started. I think you if you think on that a bit you will agree.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
He didn't fail his masters.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Oh hell that isn't gonna fly.

Well I don't believe in trickle down.

As opposed to what trickle 'up' economics does ?

Which is rob from the rich, and give to the poor so they can go out, and buy more stuff.

Wanna know something ?

That is 'trickle down' too.

That is CORPORATE WELFARE.

I wonder how that has worked out since the 'war' on poverty began ?

We’ve Spent $22 Trillion on War on Poverty. What Have We Achieved?

That's been an epic failure.

More people are out of work, and dependent upon government for their existence. Than in this entire nations history.

Which effectively makes this country the worlds largest zoo, and the purveyors of social engineering the worlds highest paid zoo keepers.

Well, we got some tea party folks elected, enough to make sure Obama could really pass nothing in almost his entire time as president.

Sure enough, but that was because the country did not like the trifecta of Democrats 'Gone Wild' giving us the 'Affordable' shaft Act.

But then again what is not to like about Democracy eh ?

Turns out neither side likes 1 party rule all that much.

About the only thing I agree with is Obama is a failure.

Because he is an ideologue of better living through government.

Which is a slighter hipper wrap of corporate welfare aka 'trickle down' economic because all that cash that is robbed from the haves, and given to the have nots?

ALL ends up in the same place.

the problem, boys, is that the economy has erectile dysfunction and is only trickling when it should be flowing. money all around to every type of person, so we ALL can live in a society where the gov't only deals with the WORST of all our problems. It should SUCK to be a gov't employee, not make people feel above other citizens.

I bet you have worked hard Xeven. We most all have in some way or another. What I want to make clear is that I will only EVER work with you if you will do so non-violently. The gov't now is out of control and will inevitably tear itself apart.

I feel you on the work/education. I'm taking calc II and physics and programming I now myself in community college. I am sorry, I know it damn sure aint your fault in reality, and I didn't mean to try and belittle your achievments. I aspire to be like you one day actually. My point is that if AN EDUCATED PERSON such as yourself says things like "vote or die" then I will not participate in the system which you are advocating. There is no reason why voluntary citizens cant perform all of the gov't jobs as well or better than the gov't with no threats of violence. hence, you talking with logical fallacies really doesn't make me have faith in MY ability to retire. I don't even DARE marry my GF because of the reality we live in. It would be selfish, I love her too much. So basically I am saying that you used logical fallacy and just because you have good points doesnt mean that what you believe entirely is true. I am challenging you to create a BETTER plan than you currently have. If you can prove to me that I have nothing to lose by voting, perhaps I will. But no such assurance has been given to me. No, on the contrary methinks that voting is how we got here.

Basically, I've seen enough, I'm calling you out. I DECLARE MALARKY!!
Plus I never said I wouldn't vote, just not for time-tested fascist-backed mass-murders.
ciao

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
To be in the tank for either party...

Show a lack of understanding.

Sorry, but they are all the problem.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: neo96

Trickle up? Nah. Don't give it to the government to redistribute. Force companies to pay workers more than they pay investors. Most companies, the established ones don't really need investors anyway these days.

What ?

Force them to pay more ?

Gee after paying for workmans comp,unemployment insurance, and half of the employees social security, and medicare contributions.

Make them pay 'more'.

Then deal with taxes, and regulation, and the CONSTANT devaluing of the dollar.

And for the record.

Might want to check out just how much dividends are on stocks these days.

Talk about getting the shaft.

The answer IS NOT paying people more.

Hell Americans today MAKE MORE than their parents, and grandparents at the same ages.

And 9 times out of 10 with the progression of technology have it easier.

The answer is to fix the EFFING money.

data.bls.gov...

$100 bucks in 1913 has TODAYS VALUE of over $2400.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
To be in the tank for either party...

Show a lack of understanding.

Sorry, but they are all the problem.

Add the system to that list of whats the problem and I would have called you-- > Winner winner chicken dinner

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Obama is a failure because the only thing he has ever ran was his mouth. I didn't want Hillary for president but she was the lesser of two evils.

I agree with you but I believe Hillary with Bill at her side and all their connection and knowledge and plain willingness to act would have help our country much more than Obama has. I do not think Romney would have done better and McCain would have started WWIII and ended humanity by now. Our only option really was Hillary.

Not sure about Jeb Bush. If you buy into all the Bush conspiracy stuff none would want to really have another Bush yet Jeb has shown moderation. So I am not against giving him a chance if there are no alternatives. I will likely end up voting Hillary and hoping they will lead unlike Obama.

Obama scares me now. He failed is failing with ISIS and looks like he is going to fail us with Ebola too..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join