It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong students and government agree to formal talks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Exhaustion took its toll on Hong Kong’s demonstrators on Tuesday when only a few hundred activists were left at the main protest camp and their leaders agreed to negotiate with the government.

I'm at work and wanted to squeak this in before I got busy. This is day nine of the protests and things are finally coming to a head. The article goes into the cooperation needed to move foward and it seems the local government has began taking some of their demands seriously.

Alex Chow, a protest leader, said the talks would end if the government tried to clear the demonstrators by force. The occupation would be called off “when - and only when - the government promises something, otherwise it is impossible to persuade the people to quit,” he said.

Stay strong and never give up. Let this be an example to all...

Link

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It's a pitty that a nation that values such loyalty to superiors can stand up for themselves and against their superiors... yet here in Canada we can't get a rally together to save our lives (literally)

Notes taken!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

why do I have a suspicion that " formal talks "is realy just a means of " formal identification " [ of key protest leaders ] so they can be neutralised

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bservant
It's a pitty that a nation that values such loyalty to superiors can stand up for themselves and against their superiors... yet here in Canada we can't get a rally together to save our lives (literally)

Notes taken!

It comes down to many who feel the same way but nobody wants to make the first move. That's why it's always good to share these events with our peers.

Sometimes raw emotion and angst will get a fire started but it is the calm, intelligent, levelheaded voice who can speak for an entire crowd that is needed. Many people don't want that responsibility.

top topics

join