It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'7th Heaven' Dad Stephen Collins Confesses on tape to Child Molestation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This story totally came from left field if you are a fan of 7th Heaven, and there is audio to prove he was responsible.

Stephen Collins -- who played the pastor/dad on "7th Heaven" -- confessed to his estranged wife he was a child molester, and it's all on tape ... a tape obtained by TMZ. And the New York Police Dept. is now conducting an active criminal investigation involving sexual contact with multiple children. Collins -- who is in the middle of a nasty, prolonged divorce with actress Faye Grant -- revealed to her in 2012 he had molested and/or exposed himself to several underage girls years before.

there is a video of the tape at the tmz link, listen and judge for yourself. My opinion is still out whether Collins is a deviant that this tape makes him out to be, or he had a lapse of judgment as he does seem like a humble 'nice' actor. Also take into consideration that he is going through a very bitter divorce at the moment, but Cali law does say that secret recordings are legal in cases of violent felonies are mentioned.

Your thoughts?

TMZ- Stephen Collins

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Major trigger warning for anyone thinking of listening.

Not sure how the jury can be out on that. I threw up in my mouth a little.

(And not just because TMZ is the media equivalent of hell)
edit on 7-10-2014 by Pinke because: And not just ...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Listening to the audio. Frankly I find it absolutely disgusting.

It's definitely Stephen Collins on the tape, I was a big fan of Seventh Heaven and he's done cameo's on "It's always Sunny in Philadelphia"

He's famous for playing a Pastor/Priest/Reverend/Whatever on Television. I can appreciate the irony.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMainEvent

I don't need to go into how f'd up this is as the thread will probably be filled with it. Who recorded and turned in the audio? Me thinks his wife was trying to get him. Good job.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

He's in the middle of a nasty divorce. I'd bet my bottom dollar that the wife released the tape.

Good decision too, the guy should be exposed as the pervert that he is. He gets no sympathy out of me...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow...that is disturbing. I don't know him from 7th Heaven but from Revolution. This dude needs to be locked up. He's a sick predator.
edit on 7-10-2014 by HawkeyeNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
To add, i'm not defending him and he def needs punishment, but comparing him to other high profile molesters like Jimmy Savile and the school girl guy, Stephen Collins is pretty tamr.

At least he admits to it and knows what he did, going so far to make amends with one of his victims. Jail sentence, therapy, and the sex offender list will do wonders for him.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It sounds like he made this "disclosure" to the wife a while ago, but now suddenly she is outing him while they are in the middle of a nasty divorce...? Why didn't she go to police the first time he told her? Sounds like she waited until she knew she could get something out of turning him in. That almost makes her as sick as he is. It's a good thing she's already in therapy. As for him, he definitely deserves to be locked up. But then again... Hollywood's worst kept secret is its culture of pedophilia in the industry. I doubt anything will happen to the guy. Especially because he's on the national board of the Guild.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
a reply to: TheMainEvent

I don't need to go into how f'd up this is as the thread will probably be filled with it. Who recorded and turned in the audio? Me thinks his wife was trying to get him. Good job.

Apparently he had molested one of the wife's niece's. I think this was her motivation for trying to catch him on tape. For years he'd denied it. I guess she finally got her niece vindication. NYPD is now reinvestigating a previous molestation because the statute of limitations runs from the date of the tape. I hope the victim is able to get justice. He's been fired from the movie Ted 2 already. Seth McFarland did NOT waste any time once he learned of the allegations.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ugh, poor Lt. Ilea has to spend eternity merged with that freak.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
That's crazy a hollywood marriage that lasts close to thirty years and it turns out the guy is a child molester. He is a national co-director of the Committee for Stress-Free Schools which advocates for the practice of Transcendental Meditation in schools. What a surprise his pet project involves groups of young children.

Hopefully he'll go to prison, the one place that knows how to properly treat a child molester, and it ain't counseling.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Piper96

I heard he was booted from SAG-AFTRA after the news broke

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
figured i make an update post on the whole debacle up to now...Warning, the following links may cause rage.

Stephen Collins home free in Child Molestation- basically saying that due to statute of limitations, he will not be charged

Molestation Victim will not sue- victim does not want to sue Collins as she wants no money, only came forward to let other victims of sexual abuse to have the courage

Stephen Collins can't get work- self explanatory...read more for info

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I don't get the statute of limitations for crimes such as these but it is what it is. One would have to change the law to get this guy, unfortunately.

At least no one is hiring him. That's about as good as we can hope for unless another victim from more recent times comes forward.

new topics

top topics

join