It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Threatens More Sanctions Against Zimbabwe Over Russian-Platinum Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Found this article earlier this morning and just shook my head in disbelief at the sheer arrogance and stupidity.

www.zerohedge.com...

As Martin Armstrong exclaims, Obama is out of control. According to NewZimbabwe.com, Washington has said it will accelerate sanctions imposed against Harare in 2003, due to the Robert Mugabe-led government's closer ties with Russia over the US$3 billion Darwendale platinum project. Herald columnist Nathaniel Manheru (who is thought to be Mugabe's spokesman), reported, Washington explained its expectations on Zimbabwe, namely that Zimbabwe was expected (read required) to support those sanctions by avoiding any association with companies sanctioned by the Americans and their Western allies, or their subsidiaries or affiliates. Manheru said "it was ridiculous for the US to refuse to lift sanctions against Harare and then demand support for its measures against Moscow... This is where I am tempted to tell the American government to go and hang, hang on a banana tree, bums up."

Go and hang, hang on a banana tree, bums up!

Such an eloquent way to tell Obama to eff off I think!

Seriously though, ordering another country, under US sanctions, to respect and follow US sanctions against yet another country is arrogance taken to a whole new level. I am fast losing track of those countries the US is sanctioning, or actively carrying out military attacks and drone strikes against.

I am sure there are those who will see this deal as nasty old Putin cosying up to nasty old Mugabe, but at least Putin is not bombing the country into "Democracy" and installing a puppet regime to then steal the resources, which appears to be the western model in these circumstances.

Now we will wait and see what excuse the US (and another coalition of the insane) finds to wage war in Zimbabwe!
edit on 517Tue, 07 Oct 2014 06:25:21 -05002531600000014 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sanctions and then bringing "freedom and democracy" to countries around the world has been the modus operandi of US foreign policy for decades now. Funny enough Mugabe seems to be one of the few dictators that wasn't installed by the US, so I guess they want to install a fascist of their own.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Poor poor Rhodesia. Its not like they have much to begin with (Compared to the west who are putting sanctions on them)

Forgive my metaphor if at all offensive which I hope its not.

This is like a homeless person(Zimbabwe) takes money from a good citizen(Russia) but then is arrested for panhandling by the (US) and forced to pay fines and jail time.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

Hahahaha! Very well put.

I think when the small countries start telling the US to take a hike, the bigger ones will surely (hopefully) follow, and about bloody time too.
Bullying Euro states into sanctioning Russia is harming those Euro states silly enough to follow the edicts of Washington. Of course, those in Washington are not feeling the pain of the Euro states and their lost trade and frankly don't care.
It's simply bullying, there's no other way to put it.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"Either you are with us, or you are against us!!"

LOL
This is bullying. All because the US gov has a coup in Ukraine, they expect everyone to stand behind them and "punish Russia". It's this crazy ideology in D.C..

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What can I say? the US govt. is run by the insane psycho-phants who inherited the wealth accrued from the industrial revolution.....
Greed is the prime motivator and there are no moral guidelines............

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Obama has a bloody nerve! Who does he think he is?? I hope Mugabe tells him to go play in the traffic,quite frankly-some one may still have to eat from that banana tree-and with all that's going around in Africa lately,we would'nt want any more infections going around.a reply to: Britguy

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

This reminds me of when Gaddafi was talking good about his "African Brother" Obama and how much hope he had for him. Then 2 short years later his "African Brother" had Nato bomb the snot out of him and ruin one of the richest countrys in Africa

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Everyday I hope and pray that someone will bomb DC and wipe it off the map.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

Everyday I hope and pray that someone will bomb DC and wipe it off the map.

That may be a little extreme!
However, having our own governments replaced with those with some spine, and telling the US to remove it's military and spy bases from our country would be a good start.
I seriously think momentum is building in that respect. Many people in Europe know their leaders are simply vassals of the US government and want them out, and to be free to trade with whoever they want to, rather than be dictated to by Washington or unelected officials in Brussels for that matter.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Really. I mean really. Out of all the things he could do, that's it? Wow, just wow.

top topics

join