It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola distracts while enterovirus D68 spreads and gets scarier

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Although there is no known vaccine for the virus, and the scope which it will reach is also unknown, those that have become infected are following a common theme. They have all been vaccinated with the MMR vaccines, influenza vaccines, and polio vaccines. Of course, many children in the United States have been vaccinated, and most are required to be vaccinated in order to enter school. However, it is interesting to note that the illness is not occurring, yet, in children that have not been vaccinated.

Mysterious EV-D68

This is what I mean

That's silly though. Of course it's happening with kids who have been vaccinated, almost all in he US ge those vaccinations. If you could prove that kids who hadn't gotten the vaccinations weren't susceptible then maybe, but as it stands it's most likely they are getting the enterovirus simply because there is no vaccine for it and they become infected.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
2 enterovirus cases confirmed in Tenn.

Both cases involved young children who were hospitalized for treatment, but are now at home and doing well.

The virus causes cold-like symptoms and can cause some children to experience breathing problems.

It's now confirmed in 45 states and Washington, D.C.

Also Child with muscle weakness tests positive for Enterovirus D68 at SickKids

The EV-D68 outbreak appeared to be on a downward trend in Toronto now, he said.
“As far as the D68 issue goes, it seems to us in the last week or two there are less children being seen with respiratory problems.”
Two young patients in B.C. have also suffered paralysis linked to EV-D68, with one on a breathing machine in hospital for more than a month.
At least four children in the United States have died after contracting EV-D68.

edit on 10/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Oops. Double post.
edit on 10/9/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: Tedgoat

I'm sorry, but I cannot take seriously the medical claims of a website whose Science & Tech sections has this as its highlighted articles:

That's ok. I cannot take the Mainstream Media seriously when they have shown to be liars and Propaganda merchants for their respective Governments and Israel. The thing is who do you trust?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
More Scaremongering from ATS..

Dont you realise some of you readers remain unscared..

No propoganda by you The Media Or Government will ever

make me scared of anything at all..

I really despair of this forum..

seems like a bunch of bottlers imho..

Much Love
Plazmuh

JUST

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mfc1PLAZMUH

Yes, because my OP clearly could be translated as "OMG hide your children, barricade your house, and avoid all human contact. D68 is coming to kill everyone!"

THAT, to use your term, would be scaremongering.

Raising awareness that there is currently something besides Ebola sickening people is not scaremongering.

Sharing the fact that a 4-yr old died from D68 completely unexpectedly and totally asymptomatically was a means to illustrate how serious the virus is and how quickly and quietly it can strike. It was done without any embellishment or hysteria attached to the OP.

Come to think of it, did you even read the OP?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mfc1PLAZMUH
More Scaremongering from ATS..

Dont you realise some of you readers remain unscared..

No propoganda by you The Media Or Government will ever

make me scared of anything at all..

I really despair of this forum..

seems like a bunch of bottlers imho..

Much Love
Plazmuh

JUST

Shall we have someone apologize for forcing you to read the thread?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

IT IS NOT. IT IS NOT A DIFFERENT STRAIN OF THE FLU. It is enterovirus, not influenza. It is more closely related to polio than the flu.

^^ This.... right there.^^ Correct and important.
The virus that causes Polio is an enterovirus. And this EV-D68 Enterovirus has been causing non-polio paralysis in cases in the Midwestern US.
People that did not live through the pre-Salk vaccine years don't realize how devastating polio could be. If they were dealing with it now, they would be saying that we shouldn't worry because 90-95% of polio cases are asymptomatic.... quite true.... and just fine if you are not one of the .1 to .5 % of the infected that ends up paralyzed.
Here is a photo of the closest neighbor that my family had when I was growing up... next door neighbor, but 'next door' was a 1/4 mile away.

He died in 1977, when I was 15 years old. He worked the sideshow circuit as a young man in order to support his family. He was one of the unlucky 0.1 - 0.5 % that was paralyzed by polio.

You have no clue what you are talking about!!! Polio like in every other country where it ran rampant was a condition of poor hygiene, sanitation, nutrition etc. moreover lots of diseases that caused paralysis were diagnosed as polio which had nothing to do with polio. You are obviously part of that older generation that was brainwashed by this whole polio hysteria.
India was declared polio free in 2010 and guess what? Non polio flaccid paralysis has skyrocketed. The Salk vaccine had nothing to do with decreasing rates of polio in the US.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

originally posted by: Tedgoat

Although there is no known vaccine for the virus, and the scope which it will reach is also unknown, those that have become infected are following a common theme. They have all been vaccinated with the MMR vaccines, influenza vaccines, and polio vaccines. Of course, many children in the United States have been vaccinated, and most are required to be vaccinated in order to enter school. However, it is interesting to note that the illness is not occurring, yet, in children that have not been vaccinated.

Mysterious EV-D68

This is what I mean

That's silly though. Of course it's happening with kids who have been vaccinated, almost all in he US ge those vaccinations. If you could prove that kids who hadn't gotten the vaccinations weren't susceptible then maybe, but as it stands it's most likely they are getting the enterovirus simply because there is no vaccine for it and they become infected.

Wrong!!!!! Your pro vaccine bias is so pathetically apparent in all these threads. In 2010 there was a whooping cough outbreak in San Rafael, CA and a doctor is on record saying that 81% of the children had received all their dTap vaccines and 11% had received atleast one. 8% received ZERO vaccines. So yes these outbreaks are increasingly happening among VACCINATED kids!!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

The Salk vaccine had nothing to do with decreasing rates of polio in the US.

So it was just a fluke, eh?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The Salk vaccine had nothing to do with decreasing rates of polio in the US.

So it was just a fluke, eh?

No it wasn't a fluke! One of the biggest factors was the better and more precise diagnosis of polio. Before 1954 it was common practice for doctors to diagnose ALL patients who experienced even short term paralysis (24hrs) with polio. It just so happened that in 1955 when the Salk vaccine was released diagnostic criteria became much more stringent. If there was no residual paralysis 60 days after onset it was not considered paralytic polio. This change made a huge difference in documented prevalence of paralytic polio. Prior to 1955 coxsackie virus, aseptic meningitis, etc. were all counted as "polio". But yeah keeping believing that vaccines were gods gift to mankind!

Also it's now a realization that Roosevelt didn't have polio but GBS! Gullian Barre syndrom. For a forum that supposedly denies ignorance no topic with ATS posters is there more actual ignorance than when it comes to vaccines and medical history. I don't get why the most objective open minded individuals when it comes to political conspiracy, aliens, etc are so opposite when it comes to something as simple as vaccines. It speaks to the power of brainwashing and fear and the appeal to authority.
edit on 9-10-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

But yeah keeping believing that vaccines were gods gift to mankind!

So if you were bitten by a rabid dog, you would do the smart thing and refuse the vaccine?
Vaccines are far from faultless, but they obviously do have some purpose.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

But yeah keeping believing that vaccines were gods gift to mankind!

So if you were bitten by a rabid dog, you would do the smart thing and refuse the vaccine?
Vaccines are far from faultless, but they obviously do have some purpose.

Nice deflection!!! Rabies is entirely different! Kids aren't getting bitten by rabid dogs in record numbers and we aren't jabbing our babies prophylacticly with rabies vaccines. Yes vaccines serve a purpose. But that purpose is not to jab our children with 30+ vaccines to diseases that are for the most part mild and benign for 99% of kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join