It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Police Investigates Referendum Fraud After Glaswegian Finds Bag of “100s” of Yes Votes

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: destination now it's amazing that so many people do not use their vote, yet see fit to constantly moan about the government. If you don't like it, start voting to change it!

voting changes nothing. ever. it's all rigged in favour of anyone but the little citizen. but if it gives people a rosy glow of achievment to participate in these charades, then that's nice for them i suppose.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87
If Scotland had been in EU it would have been as a member state which is,different from being a region as we are now.
Personally while I think there I a lot of good in being in the EU there are also downsides so membership or not was never a deal breaker for me. Ultimately with a constitution and a democratic parliament it would have been up to Scotland how involved to be. The EU does not force membership and it is perfectly possible to leave. Sovereignty ultimately remains with the national parliaments.
The fact Tha UKIP have a Westminster seat is just one more reason to regret the referendum result.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4
Or you are doing exactly what the establishment wants by not voting leaving up to a small minority to control government.
The idea that voting is worthless is frankly a bit 80's schoolboy rebel.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
If Scotland had been in EU it would have been as a member state which is,different from being a region as we are now.

Yeah but for how long? The EU is evolving into an entity like the United State Of America. The EU isn't what it was in 1975 and it wasn't what it was in 1995. Scotland would one day wake up and find out they have the same autonomy as Seattle. Thats not independence and thats not what i would have wanted for Scotland.

Ultimately with a constitution and a democratic parliament it would have been up to Scotland how involved to be.

No, it would have been upto the EU Commission how involved Scotland would be. With Scotland MEP's having very little say in the matter or Holywood. Holyrood would be seen by the EU the same way Holyrood see my Local Council.

The EU aint compromising when it comes to Regulations.

The EU does not force membership and it is perfectly possible to leave. Sovereignty ultimately remains with the national parliaments.

The EU doesn't need to force Scotland to be a member. It was the Yes campaign intentions to be part of the EU a few years down the road, apart from a very few within the campaign. It is possible to leave but very hard. I would say Harder than leaving the Westminister!

The fact Tha UKIP have a Westminster seat is just one more reason to regret the referendum result.

They seem to the only Political Party that cares about the UK and its Sovereignty and that seems to strike a chord with alot of people in the UK. Not the phony Sovereignty the SNP were selling. Its good to see the two party system falling apart and partys like the SNP and UKIP giving people different options. Refreshing!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87
As much as I dislike UKIP I have to agree that it is good when the 2 party monopoly we have is challenged in any way. However one if my main objections to Westminster us the electors system makes any real challenge all but impossible.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
we he they
did the biggest uptake of voting to suggest to people that people who have never voted before just decided to change there opinion on politics do so because they wanted to remain part of the UK?
no they wanted change and the state services done there job to negate that will for change.
i am sick of this it is blatant vote rigging
enough said

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: crostkev

Or, more likely, people wanted to vote in the single most important Poll in recent history and to make sure their country wasn't hijacked by a minority view based on lies and fantasy.....

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason
45% of the voting electorate might be a minority but not by a lot. Remember that's 45% who dislike the current system enough to want to leave completely.
You can make an argument that the yes vote was based round fantasy if you wish, as that is a subjective judgement and until we get independence no one can know. However a lie suggests you can disprove some of the statements made by the,yes campaign. Care to share which ones?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Sadly unless its a few hundred thousand yes votes not really a big deal.

I suggest you watch the video member 'maghun' has posted a few posts above...that kind of vote counting will easily yield those numbers.

Anyone else think an EU referendum would be any different other than a pre-determined outcome by hook or by crook? (emphasis on crook)

They don't care what the people think, feel or want, unless it happens to agree with their wants and plans.

The WHOLE thing was rigged, Scotland was always going to remain in Britain, even if most Scots voted to get out.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX
I am as about pro independence as possible to be but I think the idea that it was rigged is just fantasy. The whole process was very tightly monitored including by the yes campaign.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

45% of those who voted, it's actually around 36% when you factor in all registered voters, so all in all the percentage has never shifted from what it always was.

As for "disproving" lies, I've been doing that since this whole thing started, mainly the fantasy about being a wealthy country. I've often cited Scotland own budget as evidence too, not No campaign sources, but clearly you only read what you wanted too.
edit on 17/10/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yes 45% of those who voted , why I said voting electorate. Sorry if my choice of words not clear. Elections and referendums generally only take into account those who vote.
I assume you mean not changed based on opinion polls, however opinion polls are weighted by likelihood to vote so clearly did change a lot.
You don't think Scotland is a wealthy country? Based on what?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Forgot to add re your little barb about only reading what I wanted. Edinburgh university did a study showing the more information someone was given the more likely they were to vote yes. Unfortunate when reality disagrees with your world view isn't it?

edit on 17-10-2014 by ScepticScot because: typo

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Jesus....

As I've said, I've posted reams and reams of information over the last 2 years, so if you want the details, look through my related posting history. Needless to say, I've based it on the Scottish Governments own published accounts, which show a 10% deficit in relation to GDP and it is widening. Also, as the Oil price continues to drop - remember how the Yes campaign was predicating spending plans on some high price of Oil (around $100 per barrel when it's now around $83 with long term predictions showing it will fall further)) - so does the Scottish GDP which is the only thing propping up the Yes campaigns claims of being the "8th richest" country in the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Right....

Then how come the more information I have posted on ATS over the past 2 years, the more intransigent and pig-headed those who have already convinced themselves to vote Yes become? Face it, you and others had already made your mind up long before any of the debate started. And I'd say that "study" has been rubbished as the Scots people, provided with plenty of evidence and information, made the choice to vote No.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Interesting you think you posting experience more relavent than a university study yet you call yes voters pig headed.
I am going to go out on a limb(but not much of one) and suggest that economics is not your subject. Not being rude there are more important things to study in life.
But the phrase deficit in relation to gdp is meaningless. And you would also know there are as many opinions as economists so to say something is a lie without facts to back it up is just nonsense.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join