It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Police Investigates Referendum Fraud After Glaswegian Finds Bag of “100s” of Yes Votes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

Polandball your cooment about the Florida debacle reminded me of this comic

Perhaps thid happened?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: destination now

Indeedy - and that someone was me

As for the surprise find of bags of votes, in a bin? In a bin? If you about to pull off a massive voter fraud to swing a vote your way, you don't dump stolen ballots in a public bin! Burn them!

Just all seems a little fishy, these cries of "fraud!"... Given what some of the yes voters have been saying on other threads, this just sounds like ratcheting up the sour grapes to a new level, rather than evidence of fraud.

Dumping the ballots in a bin, how stupid!

Almost as stupid as the time I saw a burglar getting himself trapped in a store he broke into. Of course, in hindsight, I could tell this was not the smartest approach and from my advantageous pov I saw plenty of more efficient strategies any actual burglar would've went for.

Thank god, since I realised this burglar took a wrong approach, as there are way more efficient methods, i could, just like you do here, simply conclude the burglary attempt never occurred! Because just like you can use the fact that there are "better ways" to prove it could never happen in a "dumb way", i can, apparently, use the exact same rhetoric to plea free any burglar who is incompetent enough!

Yeah, criminals make mistakes too, henchmen are usually not the brightest either, but lets just relax, if fraud ever happened, the queen herself would handle the fraudulent votes, not some hired goons that could possibly have been too lazy after having received their cheque!

Sour grapes my behind, Im not in the UK (so i should mind my business amirite) so how exactly does that work out?... Its all too obvious how just like the first reply to OP, the scots were made to believe they are better off together, including exclusively negative propaganda about the horrible effects should it pass.

If thats the kind of democracy your sig refers to... not my kind of democracy. There doesnt have to be actual fraud to make this an undemocratic result, as many people have pretty much been scared into voting against independence as far as i can tell
you probably support propaganda if it works in your advantage?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
"If voting made any difference, they wouldn't let us do it" --Samuel Clemens

" The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." --Stalin

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Cameron said he would not allow any further voting on independence and once queenie has purred because she has more to foot her annual salary for living the high life, the scots lost out. Shame because had they have won it would have been far better for england scotland wales and NI. We would all have been able to stop financing endless wars that the elite only benefit from. It was the one fight that could have stopped the rule of the elite, so no wonder they likely cheated.

Werfe I Scots I would be emanding a recount with the found votes because it seemed to me that more Scots voted to go than voted to stay.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Maybe it was the person that put them there who rang him, an electoral insider possibly. Mmm... Conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: maghun
Anonymous phone call? Conspiracy!

Lol this song has been plying in the back of my head since the start of the counting. Dearl lord.. Haha

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: NoNameNeeded

Bit of a crap analogy, really. Your burglar clearly hadn't planned anything properly and was just making it up as he went a long, whereas the claims here are that this was an organised, highly orchestrated fraud but we're then asked to believe they just dumped the ballots in a public bin?

You can't have it both ways - either this was some bungled attempt at fraud, in which case we'd think that there would be reams of evidence, or if this really was a highly orchestrated rigging of the vote, why make such a rookie error?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Agreed! If it was a computer vote i would consider it but the way the vote is set up here it is very doubtful it was rigged to say the least. I just don't think it would be possible.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Quite - every party (as well as other groups etc) has a right to observe the vote at every stage, including when the ballot boxes are sealed and placed into their transportation. In order for any vote fraud to have been perpetrated it would have had to involve all the parties, including the SNP and many other people to boot, from the counters, to electoral staff, to independent observers etc.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Exactly, I watched the whole thing live on Sky and at every count there was a row of Yes volunteers behind every counting table, with a clipboard, marking every vote as it was counted. That is why Mr Salmond went to ground as the counting progressed, he knew he had lost.

Furthermore, do you honestly believe that if Mr Salmond thought there was any fraud going on at all, he would have just ignored it? Of course not, he accepted that the vote was a fair and accurate representation of the electorate and he lost, fair and square..hence his resignation less than 12 hours after the votes were counted (in fact it may actually have been 2 hours after the final result)

Mr Salmond did not suggest the vote was rigged, nor did he demand any recounts and believe me, if there was any suggestion that there was any fraud at all, he would have been all over it. So if Mr Salmond accepts defeat, why can't everyone else? There is just no conspiracy at all...it was a democratic vote, and the majority voted to stay in the union, it really is that simple.

As for those berating No voters for keeping Scotland as part of the UK, what the heck do you think an independent Scotland would have been? Some sort of magical utopia? I have read posts with people saying they would have moved here if it had been a Yes, What do you think you would have been moving to? A country with more than its fair share of poverty, unemployment etc relying on an industry that is slowly disappearing and a government system that would have been no different to any other, in fact the current SNP Scottish Govt are one of the worst for interference into people's lives, e.g. the crackdown on alcohol, Mr Salmond wants to up the drinking age limit to 21 (he was advised not to do this prior to the vote as it would cost him dearly, but many of the young people who voted No, knew this) We already have a ban on multi buy offers..so when you look at the offers on Tesco or Asda's websites, e.g. 3 cases of beer for £20, you won't get that when you walk into a Scottish store. So ultimately an independent Scottish govt would be no different to the current UK govt and I don't know why people can't see that.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
You are correct that Scotland has mire than its fair share if poverty, unemployment etc. That is why many of us wanted a yes vote. Sadly fear won (this time)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
You are correct that Scotland has mire than its fair share if poverty, unemployment etc. That is why many of us wanted a yes vote. Sadly fear won (this time)

And how was independence going to create more jobs? Serious question, the oil industry couldn't magically expand, in fact production is slowly dropping, and that is not just doom and gloom, that information comes from those in the industry.

Patrick Harvie from the Green party spoke of all of this "marvelous untapped potential" but when pressed couldn't actually give an example, likewise the SNP kept refuting that oil was the only source of wealth, but yet again couldn't actually give an example..it was all very airy fairy, magical wonderland stuff, no cold, hard facts. Surely if there was an actual growth and wealth resource, both parties would have been desperate to tell us about it, but no, it was the SNP who tried to use fear as a motivator to vote yes, a theme that I see has been carried on, just telling everyone who wanted to stay in the UK that we are all scared, that we fear independence...err no, just that we have it quite good compared to other parts of the UK in terms of spending per capita, free education, free prescriptions etc

And if you really think that Salmond and the SNP or even the Greens would be any different to any other political party, then sadly you are wrong, the truth is that nothing would have really changed and in fact it could have been much, much worse.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So other than a educated and skilled workforce, developed financial sector, tourism, renewables, food and drink, hospitality, etc we are completely reliant on oil for our economy....
Independence would not have magically solved Scotland's problems but would have given us the means to start solving them a democratic accountable parliament that puts Scotland's not London's interests first .
If you really think think that what we have is as good as it gets then I feel quite sad for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Independence would not have magically solved Scotland's problems but would have given us the means to start solving them a democratic accountable parliament that puts Scotland's not London's interests first .

.....then a couple of years down the road, you wake up and you find out you belong to a bigger Parliament in a much bigger Union, with a President none of the populace would be able to go the ballot box to elect.

It would have been one of the Biggets con jobs in Political History if the Yes vote won.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TSOM87
That cant be right, the no campaign kept telling us we weren't even going to be allowed in the EU. Still I suppose scare stories don't actually need to make sense as long as they are scary.
If Scotland had voted yes it would have been a decision for Scotland how involved in the EU to be. A written constitution giving sovereignty to the people would have guaranteed that.
Now staying in the UK we have what to protect us? UKIP?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

So other than a educated and skilled workforce, developed financial sector, tourism, renewables, food and drink, hospitality, etc we are completely reliant on oil for our economy....
If you really think think that what we have is as good as it gets then I feel quite sad for you.

Well without a currency union, which despite Mr Salmond's insistence would occur, was not going to happen, the financial sector was gone..many of the big companies based in Scotland had already made contingency plans to move in the event of independence, also there would have been a huge impact on tourism as well and exports of food and drink, which would also have been damaged by an uncertain currency and having a skilled and educated workforce is no use if they have no jobs to go to.

Also, everyone keeps banging on about London's interests..try speaking to people living in Tower Hamlets to get a genuine perspective on how people in London feel about all of the alleged bias towards them, I think you'll be quite surprised, that more often than not, they feel far more excluded from the benefits than anyone in Scotland does. I have asked this numerous times to name one benefit those living in London have over anyone else in the UK and I have not received one tangible answer, because yet again, it is all just about political soundbites on behalf of the SNP.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

What I wonder is whether the Scots would have made it more advantageous for the big companies and corps tax wise and whether the reverse of your scenario could have happened. Scots are pretty shrewd financially.

What I would really like to do is to be able to check how my vote was registered especially as I have opted for a postal vote. I wonder if people had the chance to check their votes after a dodgy election whether that would not remove the possibility of fraud? At the moment we are completely void of any means of doing this and the scots lost a recount which could well have swung it the other way.

I am expecting to see the same with the UKIP voters - where will their votes electronically be put - to the cons most likely, although if they don't drop cameron soon I suspect some more will defect.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Benefits to London over rest of uk.
Centre of government spending on civil service,culture,infrastructure.
Economy based on what's best for finance (city of London) at expense of rest of economy.
Government based almost entirely in London.
I struggle to think of many other western nations that are quite as centralised in all aspects in one city. (Perhaps France?)
That is not to say all Londoners benefit, the poor are just or even worse off in London due to ridiculous cost of living. However don't see any chance of this changing regardless who is in power at Westminster. A independent Scotland would have at least the chance to be more progressive.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

a reply to: TSOM87
That cant be right, the no campaign kept telling us we weren't even going to be allowed in the EU.

That would have been a decision for the EU, not the No campaign. The EU weren't part of the No campaign.

If Scotland had voted yes it would have been a decision for Scotland how involved in the EU to be. A written constitution giving sovereignty to the people would have guaranteed that.

Listen, if you're in the EU, its up to the EU how involved Scotland would be, not Holyrood or Alex Salmond. A Written Constitution would mean nothing to Scotland being part of the EU.

Now staying in the UK we have what to protect us? UKIP?

They are winning all the time. They must be doing something right!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join