It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Police Investigates Referendum Fraud After Glaswegian Finds Bag of “100s” of Yes Votes

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Scottish police are investigating a case of electoral fraud in last month’s independence referendum after a video emerged online today of a man claiming to have found a bag of “hundreds” of voting ballots marked ‘Yes’ in a bin in Glasgow.

“Surely this is electoral fraud,” the man, who calls himself John Son of David exclaims in a video posted online, after claiming he was directed to the bag by an anonymous phone call he had received the night before.

“People that have gone out of their way, they’re spending their time going to a voting station and their vote hasn't even been counted,” he added.

Source

Being from Florida, we are very familiar with voting issues...but this seems like a pretty big deal based on the particular vote at hand.

I suppose the bag could contain counterfeit votes...but I am thinking that this wouldn't have made it that far in the press if that were the case, not to mention the police investigation.

Makes one wonder how many other trash bins may have contained a bag 'o' votes. With only a margin of 10%...may be a game changer.
edit on 10/2/2014 by UberL33t because: converted "Hundreds" in title to Numerical so title would fit character limit

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

I take sides with George Galloway.
Scotts would be out of luck with independce. If Scotts leave parliment it only leaves englishmen to run everything. Scotts in the UK parliment is better for Scotland than letting the Pure english parliment decide everything.

(When I say out of luck dont mean that offensivly. I simply mean that independece at this time would mean a harder life in Scotland due to them not being able to make any decisions in parliment anymore.)
edit on 2-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The online videos and the initial claims of voter fraud were enough to call the entire referendum into dispute. This only makes it so much worse.

An independent investigation needs to happen. People just shouldn't let this slip.

I feel that another vote for independence must be held soon, and under independent international supervision. That is the only way to ensure that the referendum remains impartial from any bias.

edit on 2-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Anonymous phone call? Conspiracy!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well this is not being reported on any of the Scottish news channels, so I doubt its veracity. If the police were investigating it, it would be all over our local news, STV etc, but it isn't.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

The individual who found the ballots said he handed one over to a journalist at The Herald...

The Herald has reported on the incident, though the particular journalist mentioned in the video seems uninvolved in the initial reporting. Perhaps he is spending time on a relevant investigation into the alleged fraud.

www.heraldscotland.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Why would they not give them to the police? Sounds suspicious to me, I'll wait and see what the Herald says about it and most importantly, the police

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here are the videos, for those interested:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

Why would they not give them to the police? Sounds suspicious to me, I'll wait and see what the Herald says about it and most importantly, the police

He did.

He contacted the police, the Herald and an electoral commissioner. The police have confirmed that they are looking into the incident.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: UberL33t

If you search 'John Son of David,' you'll find the guy has some previous form for drama. He's been in the news before and runs a YT channel.

None of which necessarily rules his account out.

The questions that strike me are *why* would someone ring him? *Who* knows him to have his phone number? *When* where these ballots allegedly put in the bin? *When* was the last time the bins were emptied? *Where* have the ballots been for the past couple of weeks?

Why not contact the police directly? If not the police, then why not a pro-Independence candidate or news outlet?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Well, he did contact relevant authorities, an electoral commissioner and The Herald. The police have confirmed that they are looking into the incident, which brings some form of legitimacy to the incident in my opinion.

Who knows why or how it happened. I can come up with a couple of theories, but it is probably best we wait it out and see what eventuates.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sadly unless its a few hundred thousand yes votes not really a big deal.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Police Scotland have refused to confirm whether the ballot papers were handed in, but have said they are looking into it. But according to this report in the Herald, they haven't actually seen the ballot papers either, it all seems to be by word of mouth..youtube videos etc

Here is the link to the Herald Report Glasgow Herald

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The bins in Duke Street are deep! Who noticed the voting papers when they were in a plastic bag, in a deep bin? Why would they phone this guy? Who is he? If it was a friend that phoned him, what was his friend doing racking through the bins in Duke Street? Why did he not go to the Police?

My BS detector is going full swing here. I don't believe a word of it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DrunkYogi

Who noticed them in the bin? Maybe one of the four in one children, that are born into poverty in the oil capital of Europe.
I would`nt be surprised if the election was tampered with as it would have crashed our economy. The 3 stooges were all in on it, as they united to to stop the scotch from breaking free from the westminster paedos. caMoron cleggy the liar and milliwa*ker. If they send the scotch to bomb and attack Syria (ilegal) I hope they rebell and refuse to take part in another ilegal war. No money to help the poor in the UK but lots of money to murder inocent women and children.
edit on 2-10-2014 by illuminnaughty because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Also not sure why he is going on and on about nothing being on the back of the ballot paper. There isn't supposed to be anything on the back. You get handed your ballot paper, go to the booth, make your mark, fold the paper in half, with the marked side covered and pop it into the box. There's no need for anything to be on the back of the ballot paper.

Some of the comments I have seen from people going on about ballot papers, polling stations even down to the pencils that are in the booths astonish me. Clearly this is the first time some people have voted, and I'm not just talking about 16-18 yr olds, and as someone said on another thread, it's amazing that so many people do not use their vote, yet see fit to constantly moan about the government. If you don't like it, start voting to change it (and yes, you can take your own pen in if you want, they use pencils as they are more reliable than pens and can be sharpened when necessary, and reused at future elections without fear of the ink drying out if they haven't been used in months/years etc, therefore they are more efficient and cost effective...very simple..no conspiracy!

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The mail in ballots were sent to London for signature verification before being counted.

Something close to 950,000 votes were registered in this way.

There is a petition to redo the referendum which has now reached 93,000 signatures.

The British MSM is referring to these people as "conspiracy theorists".

www.sott.net...

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I find it odd that the people comitting the crime of witholding yes votes would just dump them in a bin rather than burn or shred them.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: sayzaar
I find it odd that the people comitting the crime of witholding yes votes would just dump them in a bin rather than burn or shred them.

That's probably what they did with 90% of them.

I think these ones fell through the cracks.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Indeedy - and that someone was me

As for the surprise find of bags of votes, in a bin? In a bin? If you about to pull off a massive voter fraud to swing a vote your way, you don't dump stolen ballots in a public bin! Burn them!

Just all seems a little fishy, these cries of "fraud!"... Given what some of the yes voters have been saying on other threads, this just sounds like ratcheting up the sour grapes to a new level, rather than evidence of fraud.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join