It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in General

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Since the patient in TX was diagnosed with Ebola, the extent of ignorance displayed by the average American has become deplorable at best. It seems education, logic, and reason are set aside to give way to irrational fear, rumors, and assumptions. For those that think the release of ebola into the US is the conspiracy theory, I would say people’s reaction to release is the conspiracy theory. You have been manipulated into a fear response to which I have heard so many ridiculous solutions. Did you know that “boots on the ground” have been ordered to Dallas, TX? Is this not more frightening?

www.reuters.com...

Fear over a pandemic or epidemic is extremely premature. Our case in the US is not too terribly dissimilar to Nigeria and they have managed to contain the spread of the disease.

Banning all flights from Africa is useless—the TX man’s flight came from Belgium, not Africa. You would have to shut air travel down globally and that would be globally devastating. If you have ever flown internationally, you know the airport you fly into will only be able to see the most recent leg of your trip—when this man flew into the US, all they saw was that he was coming from Belgium and had no idea he came from Africa. You can argue this needs to be changed and possibly rightly so, but the facts are as they are now and change would take global consensus which isn’t going to happen.

Stopping all flights into or out of Africa is also nonsense. The notion that you can let this virus burn itself out in Africa shows an extreme lack of vision. For one, the more restrictions put on the economy in W. Africa means the less likely they are able to cope with the epidemic and the greater likelihood of collapse into chaos. This would mean a nearly complete lack of control over the region and an absolutely far greater opportunity for the virus to spread. Additionally, shame on you. There are millions of non-ebola people in this region that rely on resources from outside of the region and you would deny them those resources based on an irrational fear put upon you by those are crying out that we’re all going to die? Have we lost all sense of humanity? Take a deep breath and get a grip of reality. Ebola is scary, I get it, but our best hope is to put effort into remaining level headed and stopping it in Africa for which we can all do our part.

Thanks, that’s all I need to say at the moment….

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: SunnyRunner360
Imagine if ISIS really tried to spread this disease in the US, in multiple cities across our southern border....

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm hoping it wipes out the entire species. The planet needs a break.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Imagine if ISIS really tried to spread this disease in the US, in multiple cities across our southern border....

Is that truly the most efficient means of furthering their agenda?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360

originally posted by: butcherguy

I don't know.
Do you think it would be more effective than trying to cut the heads off of individual infidels?

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: SunnyRunner360

It's no different than suicide bombers ... which they already do. Ebola-suicide bombers ... they could do a lot more damage than one with 'just' a bomb strapped to his chest.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The air travel thing is a really simple fix. Require any aircraft transporting an Ebola patient to be burned to the ground. I bet the airlines would become very discriminating indeed.

As far as how dangerous Ebola is ... all you have to do is touch a victim who is presenting symptoms. That guy with fever ... that's right ... just the fever part.

What are your chances of surviving if you do contract it? My .357 magnum has just 5 cylinders. Fill up three and give'r a spin. Would you put it to your head and pull the trigger?

Now ... NOW ... is not the time to be downplaying the seriousness this Pandemic must be treated with to keep it from spreading to every population on Earth. It got out of the wild and into the U.S. You CANNOT trust the infected.

The parents in Texas pulling their kids out of school Right Now have expressed the Most Rational response to date.

The guy running the CDC needs to be relieved for sheer, utter, complete, and total incompetence. He failed. One infected clown exposed up to 80 people to the same chance of death the cylinder spin offers ... and you find this acceptable?!?

The economy ain't the very best at the moment anyway. Think about it.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Since the patient in TX was diagnosed with Ebola, the extent of ignorance displayed by the average American has become deplorable at best.

Such as the ignorance to let a patient go home from the hospital who told the staff where he was, that he came in contact with a woman-carried her to the hospital- who later died in the African area, that he exhibited symptoms in the US-vomited even before the hospital ride and on top of that prescribe him... antibiotics(ffs)?

It seems education, logic, and reason are set aside to give way to irrational fear, rumors, and assumptions. For those that think the release of ebola into the US is the conspiracy theory, I would say people’s reaction to release is the conspiracy theory. You have been manipulated into a fear response to which I have heard so many ridiculous solutions. Did you know that “boots on the ground” have been ordered to Dallas, TX? Is this not more frightening?

What induced fear mongering is happening to people here? I only see people talking about it on ATS beyond news article commentary. One thread talks of how their family in the TX area is not worried. Also, there is discussion going on which includes education, logic, and reason:
His reply said it best in another recent thread on Ebola: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also to add, Yeah I doubt banning flights is the answer but they need to at least chart information for one, which sources say they have not been doing because 'they were told not to", on passenger flights to and from affected countries.

edit on 2-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: fixed thread link

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

If you attempt to enact protocol after a pandemic has started, you've started too late.

The trick is to have no drama, no pandemic, no epidemic, no-one sick at all.

You just don't wait until 3 or 4 or 10 or 100 people fall ill before attempting to do something.

Now that being said, has there been fear-mongering? Yes. Absolutely.

Is there a vacuum of rationality in the media? Constantly.

Then it becomes up to us, the lowly heathens, to do our part in arresting the development of this disease.

Regards,

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
The air travel thing is a really simple fix. Require any aircraft transporting an Ebola patient to be burned to the ground. I bet the airlines would become very discriminating indeed.

As far as how dangerous Ebola is ... all you have to do is touch a victim who is presenting symptoms. That guy with fever ... that's right ... just the fever part.

What are your chances of surviving if you do contract it? My .357 magnum has just 5 cylinders. Fill up three and give'r a spin. Would you put it to your head and pull the trigger?

Now ... NOW ... is not the time to be downplaying the seriousness this Pandemic must be treated with to keep it from spreading to every population on Earth. It got out of the wild and into the U.S. You CANNOT trust the infected.

The parents in Texas pulling their kids out of school Right Now have expressed the Most Rational response to date.

The guy running the CDC needs to be relieved for sheer, utter, complete, and total incompetence. He failed. One infected clown exposed up to 80 people to the same chance of death the cylinder spin offers ... and you find this acceptable?!?

The economy ain't the very best at the moment anyway. Think about it.

I wish I had that guy clapping to post for you... everything you said is exactly how I feel. And me voicing this causes people to say I'm over reacting or panicking. The govt should be telling people to try to stay I their homes until we get this all figured out. Most people FROM DALLAS think you catch ebola the same way as you catch HIV. I have a screen shot of someone saying it isn't even necessary to wash your hands because ebola is so hard to get.

The OP is right about the ignorance of people being outstanding but for the complete opposite reason of what they think. People are dumb to let their kids continue to go to those schools. Do you know thay several people I know didn't even know this was going on. And they live within an hour of dallas.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
When I was in school to become a microbiologist I took great interest in ebola. I have read more material on past outbreaks than I could possibly recall at this time, so I am not underestimating the veracity of this disease nor do I fail to understand the disease striking in urbanized areas is unprecedented. Likewise, I am not advocating a failure in taking the utmost precaution. If I were a parent in Dallas, TX at this time I would suddenly be home schooling my children. I am saying simply that you are being conditioned to panic. Panic, is not the appropriate response and yields poor solutions. By all means we must respect the potential of this disease but the extremity of the measures repeatedly proposed on ATS and like forums will do more harm than good. I would advise greater screening measures at airports, I would advise better training for hospitals as the case in Dallas has demonstrated our lack thereof, and I would advise continued awareness for the average person globally. I do not trust that the CDC is being forthright and honest with us, but I equally do not agree that it is time for extreme measures.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
I'm hoping it wipes out the entire species. The planet needs a break.

i wanted to say this but didn't have the balls...but indeed...lately I just feel like ok F*** it...lets do this...if we are luckily maybe itll knock out some bankers and politicians and other trash too and we can all start over on the ground level...I call dibs on montana.

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Whaaaaat????

Someone with some common sense speaks!

There are plenty of things out there if you want to fear something, this isn't one of them.

new topics

top topics

join