It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Names In Our Neighborhood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
We were out walking our dog last night through the neighborhood and we noticed that we know the names of peoples pets, but we don't know the names of the pet parents. I thought I'd share some of the pet names in our neighborhood.

Daisy - Our old, fat, gimpy beagle. Likes to yowl.
Sparky - Young beagle. Cute bandit marks around his eyes.
Flash - Old basset/beagle mix. Katrina rescue dog.
Atlas - Beagle mix who lives next door. Perky and likes to run.
Oshime - Old deaf westie who lives next door with Irish family.
Agnes - Westie who recently passed away. She lived with Oshime.
Molly - Old black lab who lives in the house behind us.
Lubin - Old black lab who wants to stay in his own yard and be left alone.
Flagg - Old chocolate lab who lives across the street.
Brady - Yellow lab.
Brody - Golden retriever
Bruno - St. Bernard.
Chuck - Old corgie.
Putter - Small hairy friendly yapper dog. Mix or pure breed? Dunno.
Marley - Exceptionally happy and perky young chihuahua.
Buster - Black and gray shih tzu
Maggie - small brown curly hair mixed breed with no tail.
Stanley - weenier dog. Dachsen.
Haley - Mutt?? Not sure.
Rocky - Big mixed mutt rescue dog who lives with homeschool family.
There is also a house with two small nasty yapper dogs. I don't know the names.

TEX - tabby cat who loves dogs.
There is a house on the corner with four cats. Names - unknown.

All those pets just in our neighborhood.
Beagles and labs seem to rule the 'hood.
I'm sure there are more cats that I'm not aware of.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What no spike (shakes head in disapproval)

My next door neighbors when i was like 5 y/o had 2 rottweiler named rocky and rambo, one day i went to their home for something my mom had to do there and i was put in a small room to watch tv, the movie was nightmare on elm street 3 and the dogs were barking and scratching the window all the time while i was there.

Yep i had nightmares with Freddy for months to come, good memories on neighborhood dogs names

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What country do you live in. What happened to real dogs like German Shepherds and Great Danes and Alaskan Malamutes. You know, big dogs!

Like this guy who weighs in at 55 kilos.

Or this guy!

I can tell you are not in Australia.

P

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
What happened to real dogs like German Shepherds and Great Danes and Alaskan Malamutes. You know, big dogs!

I'm in a city. Those dogs would be miserable here.
I listed a bunch of labs and one St. Bernard. Those are pretty big dogs.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You live in a big hood. People who own dogs and walk them meet and talk and that is very American. Is that a last bastion? Where I live there is a cultural mix and most of the people around here are form countries where I guess they fear animals. They don't own pets. They are very afraid of our little dog. They don't say hi either.

Must be nice where you live.

I wonder what the dogs call each other?

Big
Yellow
Fast
Stink
Tiny
Hot
Waggy Tail

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

My old neighborhood we had:

Sherpa-ancient lab mix with a limp and a hatred for delivery people
Nietzsche-another lab mix fat, happy
Caesar-Nietzsche's litter mate
Dante-one of the coolest Boston Terriers ever
Brody-Dante's partner in crime. Also Boston.

Only Brody remains...he's 10 and blind in one eye and it might have cost me a couple grand in legal fees, but I had a chance to see my fur kid. Yeah, Dante and he were my dogs.

Now, I live with four cats. But I doubt I'm down the street.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Man!! ... I'm wondering what that neighborhood smells like. LOL That's a LOT of dogs.

I have to keep mine on a leash. Everybody wants to eat her. LOL

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Man!! ... I'm wondering what that neighborhood smells like.

We are in the city. It's a requirement to 'clean up' after your pet. So no poop smells. Funny .. I'm a cat person married to a dog person, and I'm surrounded by dogs. I'd love a few kittens ... but pets are expensive so after this one we won't be getting any more.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Domino - Male donkey that thinks he's a horse.

Flash - Male horse that might possibly think he's a donkey lol.

Razzmatazz - Female horse that could not care less about the above two.

Boondocks?? Yep... I'm in it.
I go to my mailbox and they are always waiting for a piece of bread and a pat on the head. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

ETA - That you might see an occasional barn cat every few days or so, but that's about it. The names of the donkey and the horses were given to them by my daughter and I. Our neighbors don't name them and were nice enough to let us do it for the last few years now. My daughter used to think that was the most awesome thing in the world. I still think it's pretty awesome myself.

edit on 9/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't really get to know the dogs in my neighborhood until we run into them at the dog park. Seems like my dogs and I are on a totally different schedule than everyone else. When we do run into others, I (like you) tend to remember the dogs more than their humans. I also tend to like the dogs more than their humans!

My favorite neighborhood dogs are Sophie and Peeta the bloodhound sisters, Luke and Leia the chocolate lab siblings, Duke the German Shepherd and Charles the mini-Schnauzer.

Our block also has a boxer, a corgi, a great dane, an english bulldog, a bichon frise and a dalmation. I don't know their names because they don't go to the dog park very often.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Funny .. I'm a cat person married to a dog person, and I'm surrounded by dogs.

I'm a dog person and my husband is a cat person... or WAS... He now LOVES dogs, too. But needless to say, we've had our share of both over the years. We're in the country, so I only know our one neighbor's dog.

Buddy - Chesapeake Bay Retriever mix.

Our dogs:

Cara and Mia - Littlermate females from the pound. Sort of Rottweiler, Terrier mix. (RIP Mia)
Jaia (avatar, male) and B'asia (female) - GSDs, half-siblings, 7 and 8 years old.

Our cats:

Ezra - Siamese mix female
Bailey - gray female
Zoie - black female
Graycee - gray male
Bonzie - calico female outside cat. She's the only one of our cats left.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My redneck neighbors have a cat name Billy. I crack up every time they call for him.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I live on a somewhat quiet street in a quiet subdivision. There are only three dogs on it, and I have two of them, Their names are:

Daisy - A mix of everything who lives next door.
Jack - My doberman (his actual name is quite lengthy), a gift from my son.
Petunia - My lab, I found her at the Humane Society after my husband passed away.

I also have a cat that I found at the Humane Society - Mr. Jingles.

It seems that Mr. Jingles is the ruler of the house. As big as my dogs are they are petrified of the cat when he is in a mood.

Thanks for the fun post!

Norma Jean

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I only know of three:

A black Havanese named Poppy
A loud mouth mean Chihuahua Rosie
And our old neighbors dog Harvey a chocolate Lab.

Then we have our Rosco and Buffy.

We have a lot of dogs here but we don't really get near each other because the dogs go nuts and well mine has seizures if overly excited. He had one the other day after an encounter with crazy Rosie. That dog is so yippy and mean but her owner gives me bad vibes so it makes sense!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
We are currently cracking up at the dog drama in our 'hood. My husband and I have a corner lot, and the neighbor on side and on the other side have yards that touch. Well one has an American bulldog named Shiloh, total sweetie. On the other side, they recently got some kind of Spaniel/hunting dog mix. Well, the two have formed a friendship, and the Spaniel can jump over the small chain link fence. It does not make Shiloh's owners happy AT ALL even though the two dogs get along quite well.

Totally makes the two of us laugh 'cause ... not out problem.

We have three cats:

Pissy Missy - ex-feral long haired tortoise shell female
Peeps - half Abyssinian tabby female
Teddy Bear - male Ragdoll

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Yes, I knew the names of the neighborhood pets before I learned the pet-parents names. We have some colorful names in my neighborhood. We have - Sam, Dottie, Myia, Cheeto, Ed, Hank, Lily, Baby, Moo (cat-short for mooch), Baxter, Diesel (tiny terrier), Damn It, Ditto, Taco.

The thought of what these people were thinking when they named their pets, makes me smile.

new topics

top topics

join