It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Auto-Correct Humanity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

edit on 30-9-2014 by thirdcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: thirdcoast

Unfortunately this is the direction the world is going in. It's going to be interconnected whether we like it or not.
The other unfortunate thing is, we are currently the pioneers, the growing pains of such technology take over.

Every stage in humanity has it's growing pains, and it'll reach it's prime soon enough until the next big thing hits. Just look how long it took us to get out of the industrial revolution, and we are still trying to make manufacturing safe and efficient for everyone.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   
What if humanity auto corrected your thread???

edit on 9/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:27 AM
link   

2 lines. That's all they ask. 2 lines.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Humility is a trait seldom witnessed on a collective scale these days, and needs significant improvement on a personal level too.

The Ego of the individual (and the collective) places limitations on ones ability to become humble.

The materialistic nature of existence here on Earth requires a paradigm-changing shift in how we should exist together - it does not work because in order to attain ones materialistic desires there is usually someone else that suffers (usually many suffer so the few can gain).

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The materialistic nature of existence here on Earth requires a paradigm-changing shift in how we should exist together - it does not work because in order to attain ones materialistic desires there is usually someone else that suffers (usually many suffer so the few can gain).

That applies to eating food too. And I believe "materialism", as you call it, is a sort of outgrowth of the fact that we eat.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I hope there was a point to that.
In response to the title, no, we cannot.
The word "autocorrect" implies a predictable outcome.

Anyone that can predict the future is a nut.
edit on 30-9-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Nice Halloween Avatar! you are very creative, Jason would be proud. To auto-correct humanity would depend on who writes the auto-correcting software. Right now we are experiencing the BSOD. The software has been around for millennias no one just wants to use it, and you don't need a computer. You have me thinking about my avatar now, darn it!

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I decided to delete it after I posted it.

But after reading you guys posts i'd like to post the video that I posted in the OP.

new topics

top topics

join