It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanist's religious rights violated in prison

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
link

A state prison inmate in New Mexico has accused prison officials of forbidding him to worship Satan. Bernard Pritchard filed a pro se lawsuit, meaning the inmate is defending himself, in which he claimed that the chaplain and the deputy warden of Southern New Mexico Correctional Facility in Las Cruces treated his faith differently than others. "Defendants denied plaintiff a reasonable opportunity of pursuing his faith comparable to the opportunity afforded to fellow prisoners who adhere to conventional religious precepts," the lawsuit said. The document also cited "infliction of emotional distress of plaintiff's feelings, acts, experiences of his faith and solitude to what his beliefs are considered to be divine and issues of ultimate concern and occupy a place parallel to that filled by God."

Cant have your cake and eat it too. If people must respect Christianity's legal right to worship they must also respect others. We shouldn't allow anyone to pick and choose what beliefs are acceptable.

On another note the poor little satanist is emotionally stressed. I always assumed satanists were suppose to be hardcore, evil emotionless, bad-aces. Kinda funny they are just as whiny and human as any other religious fanatics though

edit on 27-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

What a great way to make a name for yourself and $140,000 in damages as you serve time in prison for aggravated stalking. I lock my doors.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthLover557

What a great way to make a name for yourself and $140,000 in damages as you serve time in prison for aggravated stalking. I lock my doors.

hahaha
I kinda got the feeling he started worshipping satan to be a martyr and make all the money while imprisoned
edit on 27-9-2014 by theyknowwhoyouare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
First, if he's a satanist he should be locked in a mental institution instead of a jail.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare

originally posted by: TruthLover557

hahaha
I kinda got the feeling he started worshipping satan to be a martyr and make all the money while imprisoned

Never know but if not as you said yourself,

If people must respect Christianity's legal right to worship they must also respect others.

originally posted by: Trueman
First, if he's a satanist he should be locked in a mental institution instead of a jail.

Yeah, because that's where the issue lies with his jailing. /sarcasm

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

This is hilarious but we allow islam and judiasm buddism Hindy, voodoo etc and for those who think satanism is a taboo wake up and smell the coffee - its the other face of god - everything in the universe has a polarity its how we are in existence I suspect, so why should anyone question the two sides of god which afre brilliantly exposed in the bible:

We have god the war lord getting himself an army of greediest for other peoples land and possessions and

God the benign - completely opposite - loves everyone and hopes everyone will also love everyone.

So what't the problem he shouldn't get away with a law suit, but the right to choose which face he likes best - god bless him.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Does that work?

can we do it to scientologists too?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

hahaha

Isn't it against the forum rules to be calling people crazy for their religious beliefs on the religion section of the forums?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Why?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

Does that work?

can we do it to scientologists too?

After professional evaluation, yes.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Anyone who believes in the dichotomy of two kingdoms is completely blind to reality. Synthesize epiphany and break out of that pattern. Pleasure and Pain are two ends to the same entrapment.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I am fairly certain they can take away your right to worship certain religions. Some religions consist of more than just a book. Some involve certain items that are not allowed into jails. If i am in jail and tell them it is time for an anomal sacrifice are they gonna give me a knife and a lamb? Do rostas get the gonja and so on... to the point all the guards get a plague and die?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

hahaha

Isn't it against the forum rules to be calling people crazy for their religious beliefs on the religion section of the forums?

Lets start saying satan represents evil. Then make a 10 minutes research about Satanists rituals.

Now tell me you want to defend them.

Satan is not even a god.

Books don't bite.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Correctional facility religious protocol PDF link

A document on the Department of Corrections website lists the diet, holy days, worship practices and permitted religious items for 19 faith groups, including Satanism. When it comes to Satanism, the holy days, practices and religious items permitted by the Department of Corrections vary — they are "subject to security and safety considerations."

If barnard Pritchard cannot prove that the correctional facility had not followed their own set protocols, he is just wasting everyone's time and money. Then again, being in jail, inmates have lots of time I suppose.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I wonder does he walk around saying thank Satan for that when things go his way .

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

I wonder does he walk around saying thank Satan for that when things go his way .

dat pic lol

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Why ? . Do you mean because he worships a fictitious entity , if you do then you should include all the other religions .

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Well what liberties did he want to pursue his faith? Obviously they have no facilities to accommodate such a religion, and unless they prevented him from doing what he wanted in his cell, I don't see what the problem is. And perhaps his "worshipping" was breaking some other type of rule that must take precedence. There are all kinds of things to be considered.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Lets start saying satan represents evil. Then make a 10 minutes research about Satanists rituals.

The satanist's idea of "evil" is not the same as yours. Most Satanists are law abiding citizens.

As for satanic rituals involving blood sacrifice, those rituals actually stem from the Bible, not satanism, such as:

Sacrificing goats for the forgiveness of sins (Leviticus 16:15), sacrificing sheep and oxen for "peace" (Exodus 20:24), sprinkling blood on the alter and burning their fat as a "sweet savor" (Numbers 18:17-19).

It's not about the satanists, it's about freedom of religion, and the hypocrisy of people not wanting to be called insane for their religious beliefs and yet they do it to others.

Satan is not even a god.

According to your beliefs. Again, your beliefs and their beliefs are different.

Books don't bite.

Yes, but when it comes to religion, not everyone believes in the same book.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme

hahaha

Satan is not even a god.

Books don't bite.

Evil? Define evil. Then you have to believe in it as evil. If one believes that all those practicing a religion should be locked away in mental hospitals, how you validate believing in evil which is often regarded as a "supernatural force"? If using magick protection, to let's say keep one safe from harm, is evil, then what is good? Only praying to a God for that?

It takes more than 10 minutes to understand Satanism's rituals. Go beyond articles and books that are "painting" something for their own personal truth. The Pagan Gods are what gentiles call demons(Catholic quote by the way) and Satanic, that which are spoken to not prayed to.

a reply to: arpgme
Good points

top topics

join