It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Video Finally Released of Cops Shooting Man with a Toy Gun in Wal-Mart

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Notice how the Justice Department is going to investigate?

Isn't the Justice Department and our Judicial system the ones who are responsible for training our law enforcement and setting the laws and regulations for them to follow?

Then why is it with the atmosphere of police brutality on a daily basis it seems, that the people choose to scream at the police, rather than point their fingers at the government responsible for our laws and court systems? Is are judicial system NOT failing the people by excusing and allowing these kind of police actions?

Until it changes from the top, down, we will just continue to manufacture more police with the shoot first mentality!

When will our Legislative and Judicial branch stand up and accept responsibility for these brutal actions? They won't! Crickets from Washington on the condition of our current police state!

hmmmmmm, I wonder why?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I think if this was your family member who was shot you'd think differently. They killed someone. Enough is enough. Just because he has a badge and fellow murderers to protect him does not mean he shouldn't spend the rest of his life in a prison. Hopefully he'll meet some people he helped put there.

Nope. After seeing that video I would say "well, if he hadn't done that, he wouldn't have been shot."

Attachment to a victim doesn't affect rational thought.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Notice how the Justice Department is going to investigate?

Isn't the Justice Department and our Judicial system the ones who are responsible for training our law enforcement and setting the laws and regulations for them to follow?

Then why is it with the atmosphere of police brutality on a daily basis it seems, that the people choose to scream at the police, rather than point their fingers at the government responsible for our laws and court systems? Is are judicial system NOT failing the people by excusing and allowing these kind of police actions?

Until it changes from the top, down, we will just continue to manufacture more police with the shoot first mentality!

When will our Legislative and Judicial branch stand up and accept responsibility for these brutal actions? They won't! Crickets from Washington on the condition of our current police state!

hmmmmmm, I wonder why?

They'll investigate because of public outcry. A jury already decided the officers weren't at fault but that's never good enough for people who want to find a problem.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Just an FYI, your OP says Beavercreek, Michigan. This happened in Beavercreek, Ohio which is a suburb of Dayton, Ohio (home of the infamous Wright-Patterson AFB, btw).

I heard on the radio today that there are no plans to indict the cop who killed him, FWIW, although I'm not surprised. These LEO's just keep on killing and getting away with murder, Scot free.
edit on 24-9-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: SLAYER69

I don't even want to watch the video.

I think if the police officer has children, they should watch the video.

"Your fine upstanding father murders people. Look, he took a father away from his children. Children like you. You think it's fair your daddy is free when he murdered someone?"

Enough with the scum running the show.

That's right... don't watch the video, just listen to other people's opinion. That's a very well-informed way to go through life.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

Attachment to a victim doesn't affect rational thought.

Attachment to LEOs doesn't automatically make them innocent either.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

They'll investigate because of public outcry. A jury already decided the officers weren't at fault but that's never good enough for people who want to find a problem.

Whoa, please don't confuse a jury with a grand jury. There was no jury trial.

I don't think you meant to confuse the 2, but there is a big difference.

What is a grand jury?
A grand jury helps the prosecutor decide whether to bring criminal charges against a suspect in a crime. Grand juries typically consist of 23 people, and the jurors may have jury duty for months at a time. However, jurors will have to work only a few days out of the month.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Nobody's going to listen to you defending a murderer. No one wants to listen to a person who said if that was their family member they would think the cop is in the right. That's not rational, that's sick.

You continue to support these killers all you want, the people will not and do not.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
This is as dumb ... as dumb can possibly get. This is what happens when constitutional rights (no, screw that ... natural rights) are about to be stripped from everyone.

Everyone involved needs to be fired immediately (supervisors, dispatchers, 911 operators ... everybody). The guy that called this in ... and the cops who pulled the trigger ... they need to go to prison. That is all.

Ok, it's incredibly dumb.

So what would you have done in this situation? Do you wait for the guy to point the gun at you and go "pow pow" before you say "It's just an unloaded air rifle? Oh you silly boy, you got me!"

Every single person here saying that the cop overreacted would have done the same thing in that situation, with the information he had, and with the threat he faced. Stop monday-morning quarterbacking the situation when HINDSIGHT is 100% on your side.

You don't cowboy your way into a situation like this. The cops on-scene should have immediately recognized there was no threat. How many panicked people do you see in that store?

In my previous post I should have added that the Mayor's office needs to be sued out of existence for employing a force like that ... with no professional oversight.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

There's no oversight and there's no accountability. As long as their families and they continue to have perks and rights they could care less.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: sean

at my wallmart in mt they are not in a case if they are in a box(like im assuming that rifle was supposed to be) BUT the hand gun bbguns are on hooks that you need a key to remove the handgun bbgun in wrapping from the hook it hangs on then they typicly walk u to the front of the store or bring it up to isle 16 for u to finish shopping.

TLDR rifle bb guns usualy in boxes that are sealed and wraped with anti theft device

handgun bbguns on shelf usualy LOCKED to the thingy they are hanging from and require store employee to remove them works the same way for flare guns and flares too .and as far as i know the only ammo not locked up in cases is the shotgun shell bird shot usualy in big cases next to the clays

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

This is as dumb ... as dumb can possibly get. This is what happens when constitutional rights (no, screw that ... natural rights) are about to be stripped from everyone.

Everyone involved needs to be fired immediately (supervisors, dispatchers, 911 operators ... everybody). The guy that called this in ... and the cops who pulled the trigger ... they need to go to prison. That is all.

Ok, it's incredibly dumb.

So what would you have done in this situation? Do you wait for the guy to point the gun at you and go "pow pow" before you say "It's just an unloaded air rifle? Oh you silly boy, you got me!"

Every single person here saying that the cop overreacted would have done the same thing in that situation, with the information he had, and with the threat he faced. Stop monday-morning quarterbacking the situation when HINDSIGHT is 100% on your side.

You don't cowboy your way into a situation like this. The cops on-scene should have immediately recognized there was no threat. How many panicked people do you see in that store?

In my previous post I should have added that the Mayor's office needs to be sued out of existence for employing a force like that ... with no professional oversight.

How are they supposed to recognize that there's no threat when there's a man standing there with a rifle in his hand? He was in a secluded section of the store... the only people who encountered him DID panic and they went to get security. You aren't making any sense.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I haven't been to Walmart in over a year and I've never seen the "gun area". I was wondering why they're not locked up? Walmart should be held accountable also, knowing how people react why would they allow someone to just pick it up and play with it in the store?

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

But there many other examples of police brutality and abuse of force aren't there? Usually what happens? They get a pass or the worst that may happen to them is they lose their job and maybe get some form of probation.

I usually hate on the police myself, but I am starting to see the bigger picture. Someone is permitting them to act out so brutally whether it is justified or not...........

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Because they want people to rebel eventually so they can replace the current system with something even more restrictive.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I guess I'm blind then because I see Mr. Crawford standing at the end of an aisle gently swinging an air rifle back and forth. I then see officers approach from the far end of the aisle, holler, and immediately open fire. At no point do I see any weapon being pointed at police nor do I see any attempt to point a weapon at police. Mr. Crawford was oblivious to the fact that police were even there until they shot him.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This was murder. Cold blooded, 100% murder. Those cops need to be in jail. The 911 caller needs to be in jail because he lied and this video proves it beyond a reasonable doubt. If these cops don't go to jail, justice still needs to be served. I'm sorry but it's crossed the line.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Nobody's going to listen to you defending a murderer. No one wants to listen to a person who said if that was their family member they would think the cop is in the right. That's not rational, that's sick.

You continue to support these killers all you want, the people will not and do not.

You can keep implying that they're murderers if you want but you're wrong. They're NORMAL PEOPLE who were put into a bad situation and they had to make a call based on the information they had at the time. If you think it doesn't bother them that the gun turned out to be an airgun, you'd be wrong. The simple fact is, they weren't going to wait for bullets to fly before acting. If they had, you'd be whining about that too.

You say you haven't even watched the video so you don't actually know what happened. The PROSECUTING attorney said it was an unfortunate scenario but the cops didn't do anything wrong. Apparently you're better qualified to comment because... well, why are you? Because you certainly don't know more about the situation than he does.

I don't know why so many people on this site make cops out to be monsters... it's quite a ridiculous herd mentality.

If thinking from a position of logic is sick, I don't want to be well.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

I decided to watch the video. I don't play video games, watch tv so I'm not exposed to sickening violence on a daily level.

Sick as could be. Looks like they shot him and he didn't even know they were there. Shoot, he drops. He comes back, shoot. Cop moves in, shoot. SHOOT! When he's on the ground disabled.

Wow, I needed that. I feel great about myself. Seeing a human being die at the hands of the US Nazi Force.

They overreacted. Cowards with guns. Officers, your badge, car, uniform and gun do not replace your genitals or common sense. We as citizens have established this. Thankyou for protecting and serving yourselves as usual. I'd shake your hands but there's too much blood on yours.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

yeah our wallmart is pretty big but it seems most of them have the same lay out with the sporting goods section in the back

bbguns are suposed to be in boxes (even the old daisy red ryders) and all the ones at my store have a big red round thingy (looks like a button) that is connected to four cables wrapped around the box that sets off an alarm if you try ti open it to look at the bbgun in the store.

the co2 pistols,paintguns and flares flare guns are all in plastic cases and have orange plastic thingys that need to be unlocked to even take them off the shelf

Normaly the gun section has two revolving/rotating gun cases that are clear full of long guns (never seen a hang gun for sale at my wallmart) and all of the ammo is in a locked case in eitehr ammo cans(bulk 223/30-06/nato calibers) or in individual boxes again in locked case with the ONLY exception being birdshot and the ocasional turky load shells during huunting season being out side of the locked case

IF you buy ammo or a fire arm they make u pay in sporting goods check out OR take it to what ever isle sells the ciggerets(16 for mine) if you pay there at the sporting goods area you are to leave the store with your purchase immediatly and if you buy a gun they walk you out to your car with it and dont even hand it to you tell your near your car. only time they have not made me leave immediately is if they take it to the register to hold for you to finish your shopping and even then they still walk you out if you purchased a gun ,but ammo you can jsut walk out with on your
own

its been this way at every wallmart ive shoped at from ca,to oregon,to montana and idaho

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join