It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dissolution of the United States as a Superpower

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: MKMoniker

All I hear is bla bla bla. usa sucks.

bla bla bla. usa is on the way out.

The poster doth protest too much, methinks.

All I am seeing in this post is "America F*** Yeah" with your hands over your ears screaming "Lalalalala"

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks that America will fall as an empire overnight is deluding themselves. That doesn't happen in the real world. Empires lose their power slowly over years and years of mismanagement and waning relevancy. Look at the Roman Empire, it's heyday came and went and then it continued to exist for another few hundred years (actually the eastern half continued to exist up until modern times). America will be no different.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Empires and superpowers have a lifespan, which is quite normal, and the founding nation can survive long after this has passed. What's the big deal?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Thanks for your post. And I like the way you list your other ATS threads at the bottom!

"... and the founding nation can survive long after this has passed. What's the big deal?"

The Big Deal is that the U.S. has been under deplorable and skewed-to-agendas mis-management for a decade and a half now. We are bleeding billions in unwinnable wars just to please the Global Elitists, with the idiotic VietNam non-strategy of "conquer, retreat, go back to conquer again". Since 2000, we've militarily invaded Iraq, Afghanistan, now Syria and Iraq again. And now we're not chasing Al Queda and the Taliban, our own Spec Ops have secretly trained a "Super Rebel" force, that old Soviet satellite countries are arming.

So our economic base is shakey, and getting shakier, as Credit Companies keep downgrading our credit (another FIRST for Team Obama in our proud history), as the National Debt keeps climbing. (With downgraded credit, we have to pay more on our interest payments - even as sweep-it-under-the-rug Team Obama keeps borrowing more and more.)

The rich keep getting richer, as business/corporation owners lay more employees off to avoid additional debt - and possible bankruptcy - due to Obamacare. And then just sit on the pile of cash (like Apple) as a bulwark against a federal financial collapse. And THEY are the 50% paying taxes right now.

For the other, poorer 50% - most of whom form Obama's voting base - Team Obama is busy shoveling them onto federal programs like Welfare, Disability and Social Security. This 50% doesn't pay taxes, and they are the most vulnerable should this Obama Trainwreck suddenly deep-six the entire economy.

So we have a HUGE economic-divide in this country. And if conditions get worse, things could quickly degenerate into Class Warfare. (Which, based on what I read earlier on all these dystopian TV shows with zombies, etc., is what these shows are about at the core: Class Warfare). THAT "fascist experiment" is ongoing in St. Louis, Missouri, in Ferguson.

So the Big Deal is that the U.S. is being pulled apart in several directions - at the sinister behest of Team Obama. As this proud country bleeds billions against a faux Super-Rebel force in the oil-rich MidEast, bleed more billions into increasing interest payments on the National Debt, as everyone lurches from one distracting scarey media story after another. And if our economy tanks, that 50% rich versus 50% poor (who are no longer getting their federal payments) will be at each others' throats in a heartbeat. Exactly who/what will survive?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Russian training hasn't aided them against our military much due to the FACT they aren't as BRAVE as I had heard the RUSSIANS and WE are.
We gave them training and the IRAQI SF was filmed turning in their weapons to surrender,they are ONLY thieves and assassins.
America is CHAOS on earth. It's difficult to define us as we are FREE thinkers and CHANGE things ALL the time.
If not obstructed we can fix this mess. We just need LEADERS who aren't career politicians.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Thanks, Cav! Good post. I agree with most of what you have to say, but the global infantries seem to be morph'ing into Spec Ops. And the U.S., unfortunately, isn't at the top on most lists or competitions:

www.thetoptens.com...
TOP TEN MOST WELL-TRAINED SPECIAL FORCES IN THE WORLD
Our Navy SEALS come in #3, and Delta Force #6. The Russian Spetsnaz ranks at #4.

www.businessinsider.com...
CHINESE SPEC OPS TRAINING
"For the past two years, Chinese special forces units have taken first place at the annual Warrior Competition in Jordan against 18 countries, including the US and Russia."

www.businessinsider.com...
(June 2014) PUTIN'S ELITE COUNTER-TERROR TROOPS HAVE AN INSANE TRAINING REGIME
"A recent video from retired Special Operations veteran Larry Vickers highlights three of the most strenuous counter-terrorism drills that Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) operators have to go through in the course of their training. They provide a look at how some of Vladimir Putin's most elite soldiers are made — a potentially important insight, considering how the situation in Ukraine has heated up in the days after Russian-backed separatists shot down a Malaysia Airlines flight."

What do you think, Cav, of all these burgeoning Spec Ops all over the world? Does evermore rigorous training make for Super-soldiers - or pushed-beyond-limits men evermore close to a psychotic melt-down?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Anyone who thinks that America will fall as an empire overnight is deluding themselves. That doesn't happen in the real world. Empires lose their power slowly over years and years of mismanagement and waning relevancy. Look at the Roman Empire, it's heyday came and went and then it continued to exist for another few hundred years (actually the eastern half continued to exist up until modern times). America will be no different.

The thing is the People will be the last to know.

The US is already falling that is why the US are involved in almost every conflict there is around the world. They are trying to hold on. One wrong propaganda step by the US and the US will loose Europe as an allei in their conflicts. That was proven With Syria a year ago. The US screwd up their propaganda and lost the support of England, France and Germany.

A super Power today will fall a lot faster to day than Rome did.

The Pentagon just admitted that they would be hurt big time if a nuclear conflict took Place between the US , Russia and China and not to mention Pakistan. The US and Europe would be swarmed by Missiles. Where Pakistan would engage Europe. Russia and China would Swarm the US. The pentagon said they didnt have enough Resources to withstand a swarm of Chinese and Russian missiles.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

SPEC OPS in the western sense are not easy to create only a fraction of our militaries can make it.
There is a concept called OBJECTIVE FORCE WARRIOR that seems to indicate THAT indeed is the idea.
I won't bad mouth Spetznatz as Sonny PUIZIKAS lives here in America and he might hurt me.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

So what? When was the last time an empire fell and ceased to be an independent nation?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

So what? When was the last time an empire fell and ceased to be an independent nation?

Does that really matter when the last one fell?

What matters is how the US and the European empire will fall.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
If I were placing bets here, I would keep my eye on China.
2nd

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Why? Another empire will take its place and pretend like they are God's greatest gift to places to live, and the world will keep spinning. America will still be here though.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Why? Another empire will take its place and pretend like they are God's greatest gift to places to live, and the world will keep spinning. America will still be here though.

Does it really mater who you pay your taxes to?

Your tax Money are put into the government war machine anyway.

Is it fair to say that the majority of Americans dont like Obama. But still he runs the American Circus. And we fallow every step he takes, and the irony is that we Call him an idiot. Who are the real clowns in this Circus?
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Is this a trick question? I make no allusions about defending the government or its actions. I'm a registered Libertarian and if I had my say, the country would make MANY changes so we can stay one of the greatest nations on the planet (many of them would be pretty painful in the short term). But I'm not going to pretend like we are anymore special or deserve more than anyone else. We are just one more piece in a long line of empires from time immemorial. We will have our time then someone else will take our place.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I won't bad mouth Spetznatz as Sonny PUIZIKAS lives here in America and he might hurt me.

Definitely not a nice guy...

Sonny Puzikas shot one of his own instructors three times due to gross negligence, and could have just as easily shot a client. Puzikas’s reputation—which seemed to be shaky beforehand—took a beating after nearly killing his instructor.

bearingarms.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Is it fair to say that the majority of Americans dont like Obama.

Well to use the old question " Does a bear crap in the woods"?

But still he runs the American Circus.

Because a bunch of clowns voted him in again, also look at who was running against...John McCain.

And we fallow every step he takes, and the irony is that we Call him an idiot. Who are the real clowns in this Circus?

Well he is when it comes to running a country...the ones who re elected him.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

The Pentagon just admitted that they would be hurt big time if a nuclear conflict took Place between the US , Russia and China and not to mention Pakistan. The US and Europe would be swarmed by Missiles. Where Pakistan would engage Europe. Russia and China would Swarm the US. The pentagon said they didnt have enough Resources to withstand a swarm of Chinese and Russian missiles.

No. You don't know much about nuclear weapons and nuclear war. MAD mutually assured destruction is the most likely scenario in a nuclear war. Both the US and Russia have massive nuclear weapons arsenals with ICBMs and SLBMs. One US Ohio class SSBN nuclear ballistc missile submarine with Trident SLBMs and MIRVs could probably destroy most of Russia and China. A nuclear attack on the US by Russia or China would virtually guarantee a response which would result in total destruction. And vice versa. Nuclear warfare is the definition of insanity. A full scale nuclear exchange between the US and Russia would probably destroy the whole world about 3 times over.

denver.cbslocal.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I get what you are saying, and also the source of your concern - but to me it seems like what you are describing (and in broad terms I recognise your points) is just the USA's modern philosophy reaching it's natural apogee.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Thanks for your reply.

The point I was trying to make, is that empires usually fall from either outside invasion or internal chaos/collapse. Our earliest civilizations were city-states in Mesopotamia (like Greece started out). When one of the first city-states in Mesopotamia were excavated, the period right before its collapse showed sharp divisions between rich and poor.

And THIS is what the U.S. is falling into right now, after the destructive policies/adventurism by Team Obama.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
The British empire was the last empire to fall but the UK today is still a strong country. I don't think comparisons between America today and the ancient world such as the Roman empire have much merit. Commentators have been saying America is in decline since the 1960s. The GFC of 2008 was close to global economic collapse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join