It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bursting Gothams bubble

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Okay so I hate doing this but I feel I have to. and I don't want to dis a show without giving it a chance. (kind of like the early days of Obama "just give him a chance"haha) But how is it interesting to watch a kid Bruce Wayne run around. and if its not about watching kid Bruce Wayne, and more about commissioner Gordon bust guys you never heard of is that interesting. Has anybody ever thought that commissioner Gordon was a badass?? I mean I remember him Gordon freaking out everytime batman would appear and disappear without a sound.

Lets compare Gotham to its counterpart show Smallville. In Smallville you had a young Clarke kent coming into his abilities. He was still saving people and thwarting bad activities. and it had the added interest of he was friends with Lex Luther. From what I understand with how there doing it, This Bruce Wayne can do none of that. I mean he probably hasn't had entry level Karate yet.

I think doing stories that are more hidden about Batmans past actions. Like his time training with Talia's Father could be interesting.

But I guess that's the new thing to be into comic book stuff no matter what the product it

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I missed it I watched The Big Bang Theory. Kaley Cuoco is looking super hot!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I watched it. It was kind of blah, but has potential to be one of the best comic book shows ever. I'll stick with it, though.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

yeah i hear ya. though in the comics, specifically Year Zero, it does focus a lot on gordon in his earlier years. him and batman's first year in gotham running parallel to each other. and you can see how gordon gets his footing in gotham. that was an awesome graphic novel. but, it would have been crap if it were just gordon and a young bruce wayne. the killing joke is another that features the gordon family in the spot light and that was another fantastic graphic novel but, meh...gotham...

i myself don't really know about this show and it's potential. all the names are really stand out lame plays on words. like ivy pepper, like we get it, she likes plants, her first name is ivy and her last name is pepper... wow, and everything is like that. the penguin works for a woman named fish. like jesus, enough with the play on words crap.

im sure people are interested in knowing how bruce grow up and everything. but he's only 1 of like 15 characters.
edit on 23-9-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: boogeywoogeyeven with her short hair

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ScribbledOnANotePad24

well it has nine more seasons to go to beat Smallville. and the only thing long term on fox has been the Simpson's and American Idol

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Aren't you all going to gripe about Two-Face and the Riddler too? I guess there is also Catwoman running around in there.

You really should complain about them, too.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

When I watched the preview about the making of this series I had got the impression that Bruce Wayne will have very little to do with this show and it will be primarily about the unknown stories of the future super criminals origins and the decline of the city to bring about a need for a vigilante.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: boogeywoogeyeven with her short hair

Sure....in a way she's sexier.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Well after watching the show I have to admit it wasn't bad. That being said it has its flaws if you go in expecting cannon you will be disappointed. I personally said f it and just watched it as if I knew nothing about batman and it turned out to be an ok show.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

While I agree seeing a TV show about batman in his early twenties while still really coming of age as a vigilante would be interesting. I think it would be awful expensive for a TV station to create not to mention the studio execs who would rather turn them into multi million dollar movies down the road.

But I agree it could make for a good tv show something along the lines of arrow but more inline with comic book cannon would be great.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

yeah there is that thought that it could be about the future super criminals. But I saw one preview with penguin as a kid and another criminal talked down to him and called him Penguin jokingly. And he said "don't call me that in a nasally voice.

which made me think of the comical villain from Kickass 2

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: falloutsover

expenses for a tv show? Have you seen how much the walking dead's budget has grown since season 1

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Yes but look at the channel it is on . It is unlikely that you will see that kind of budget for a show on abc cbs or fox

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Okay so I hate doing this but I feel I have to. and I don't want to dis a show without giving it a chance. (kind of like the early days of Obama "just give him a chance"haha) But how is it interesting to watch a kid Bruce Wayne run around. and if its not about watching kid Bruce Wayne, and more about commissioner Gordon bust guys you never heard of is that interesting. Has anybody ever thought that commissioner Gordon was a badass?? I mean I remember him Gordon freaking out everytime batman would appear and disappear without a sound.

As the show goes on, them people you never heard of turn in to people you have heard of.
Like Oswald Cobblepot for one.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So far, it has potential, but hard to judge on one episode. We'll see. I agree though, we need to at least show young Bruce in some training, and lead ins to where the tech comes from.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's become obvious now, episodes in, that this show is really focused on and about Gordon.

It also seems to be more about the Penguin as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
OK so I am all up to date on the episodes and I really like this show. Penguin is one nasty piece of work and they have introduced the beginnings or origins of how other villains come about without centering on them and staying focused on the city and corruption.

So far so good IMO.

new topics

top topics

join