It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Airstrikes Under Way in Syria

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I hope ISIS is eliminated by now. A rag-tag army moving around in soft skinned vehicles should be no problem at all for the combined air forces of USA + France + 5 Arab states.

Job done. Americans can sleep peacefully now.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The foreknowing of airstrikes:

and the empty buildings

hum... how convenient

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Oh i'm not against killing these pieces of crap. I'm all for it, i am predicting that the kids, family of those we kill though will be the ones we have to fight next. Because this is a never ending cycle.

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It has been only a few months since IS has shown its head. How come it became such a big threat in just a few months that it requires air forces of 50 countries.

What are the facts in this case??

Or we are just seeing the biggest movie show of modern times.

West is very good in making up things. Nobody knows what they are doing, what they are bombing.

Why a rag-tag army with no significant military equipment is such a challenge??

posted on Sep, 26 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The West makes a serious mistake. USA has destabilized both Iraq and Syria. USA has created conditions on the grounds where the political process in these two countries has broken down.

I see that large swathes of public actually desire a strong government to establish a semblance of rule of law. Entire communities have lost their livelihoods and homes. While IS is extreme, it is at least able to provide order.

I see support for IS growing, not waning as a result of West's moves. This will explode IS's support base.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
It has been only a few months since IS has shown its head. How come it became such a big threat in just a few months that it requires air forces of 50 countries.

West is very good in making up things. Nobody knows what they are doing, what they are bombing.

Except none of that is true but I sort of feel like no amount of information is going to matter to you.

1. They have been around as a group since roughly 2004 with precursors to the group surfacing around 2000. Over that time they have gone by different names with the recent being IS.

2. Financially they have some place between millions to billions of dollars depending on which source you go to. This has been acquired from theft , kidnapping and oil production (recently targets of air strikes)

3. Based on information they look to have some number between 20k to 32k fighters

4. Take all of 10 seconds and you can find videos showing the atrocities that have been attributed to them.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Because the West wants to continue it's campaign of removing any non-compliant or Russia-aligned regime. This isn't about ISIS, it is about removing Assad for one.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Except none of that is true but I sort of feel like no amount of information is going to matter to you.

1. They have been around as a group since roughly 2004 with precursors to the group surfacing around 2000. Over that time they have gone by different names with the recent being IS.

2. Financially they have some place between millions to billions of dollars depending on which source you go to. This has been acquired from theft , kidnapping and oil production (recently targets of air strikes)

3. Based on information they look to have some number between 20k to 32k fighters

4. Take all of 10 seconds and you can find videos showing the atrocities that have been attributed to them.

You are conveniently forgetting that IS is fighting organized armies in both Syria and Iraq.

This requires very high financial, personnel, and logistical support.

So you say that this group existed since 2000 in some form, and definitely from 2004, then can Mr Obama detail actions taken against it since 2004. I would like to know.

The cruelties of ISIS can also be found in militia of Ukraine's Poroshenko. What is Mr Obama doing about it?? Ukraine's militias have been engaged in kidnapping, extortion, and summary killings. I have not seen a single word from Obama denouncing Poroshenko.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join