It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will You do about this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
this is headline news in germanies biggest newspaper right now. Will the american public let that happen? Are you again buying into the cold war propaganda. Imagine what Good could be done with that money. Please dont give me that "we have no power" bs. The development in syria showed that the opinion of the American people MATTERS. Of course it is important to have a modern defense System but the amount of money spent leads into a vicious cycle. What if Russians and Americans would make peace without the Governments. Do you think thats possible. I think it is with internet and a kind of Ice Bucket Challenge-like hype for Peace between the two nations.
Billions can be reached liks that. Why stil letting two corrupt governments letting tell you that you need to be afraid. The majority of Russians and americans are not interested in war with each other.

projected US nuclear weapons spending hits $1 TRILLION – just five years after Obama's Nobel Peace Prize

The US spent more in 2014 on nuclear weapons research, development, testing and production than ever, including during World War II

www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 22-9-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

This is a little hard to discuss as I can't see the rest of the article, but I know that $1 trillion isn't the amount spent this year on nuclear weapons research. If you take away spending for the veterans, which has already been promised to them, the entire military budget for America is $600 billion, 3/5 of a trillion.

American military spending has been flat or declining for the last four years.

What would you like me to do about it? Call for even more reductions in the military?

Thank you for adding the link. I notice it talks about $1 trillion over the next 30 years. That's less frightening.

edit on 22-9-2014 by charles1952 because: Add a bit.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Kaskau my friend,you are so right. Sorry for the brevity, I have to go to beddy byes.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

The US government doesn't "serve the people" anymore. They serve the bankers and corporations. Who do you think the masterminds behind the EU were?

But yea, pretty sickening that while our economy is going down the sewer pipe, they find the money to spend on Weapons of Mass Destruction aye?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kauskau
What if Russians and Americans would make peace without the Governments. Do you think thats possible. I think it is with internet and a kind of Ice Bucket Challenge-like hype for Peace between the two nations.
Billions can be reached liks that. Why stil letting two corrupt governments letting tell you that you need to be afraid. The majority of Russians and americans are not interested in war with each other.

That is a great idea. Imagine people from all over the planet coming together via social media, youtube, blogs, etc. without being under the umbrella of some official title or organization and telling our A-Hole Leaders to "stop the bullsh*t"!!! No leader, no single voice, none of that. Just 6 billion or so people speaking together and knowing without some official proclamation that we all stand together against all nations who choose to war with each other.

For anyone who wishes no harm against any other person on this planet by violent military action, we stand together as one and demand all of it to stop or reap the consequences of what happens when you try and stand up against billions of individual members of humanity with a single mindset.

Sounds good. But I don't know if we'll get people to stop watching Reality TV long enough to pay attention.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Nice idea kauskau , i think tptb have already planned for revolutions taking them down by force and are 50 + years in planning for it ,

Something plain and simple that speak to the people might well work along with a world wide sit in

edit on 22/9/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I'm sorry for the brevity, too. They have to do something with all the waste from nuclear reactors. Up until now building bombs has seemed like a good solution to the debacle. Self sustaining, uncontrolled chain reaction.

No wonder there are so many…

Image Gallery

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: kauskau
What if Russians and Americans would make peace without the Governments. Do you think thats possible. I think it is with internet and a kind of Ice Bucket Challenge-like hype for Peace between the two nations.

That is a great idea. Imagine people from all over the planet coming together via social media, youtube, blogs, etc. without being under the umbrella of some official title or organization and telling our A-Hole Leaders to "stop the bullsh*t"!!! No leader, no single voice, none of that. Just 6 billion or so people speaking together and knowing without some official proclamation that we all stand together against all nations who choose to war with each other.

For anyone who wishes no harm against any other person on this planet by violent military action, we stand together as one and demand all of it to stop or reap the consequences of what happens when you try and stand up against billions of individual members of humanity with a single mindset.

exactly.
The soap faction will join later. Every hype starts with a snowballefect. Internet is a powerful tool. It just needs idealists with a plan and enough charisma and creativity to get the ball rolling. In germany a party had a democratic online based voting system called liquid democracy. At least the idea was good but it did not work out so well as the topics were to complicated for "a momentum of unity" . I guess with every day more and more people find it easy to say that they are against war because it does not serve the majority. So i am an optimist.

edit on 22-9-2014 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm
I agree with you completely mOjOm,this is EXACTLY what needs to happen here. EVERYONE on earth coming together as ONE for this reason. That we want peace with everyone instead of war.

try and stand up against billions of individual members of humanity with a single mindset.
I like the sound of this; it sounds like a new consciousness.

I believe we will be able to get through to the people; I think what we need is an image, a piece of art to spark something deep inside. . .

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is exactly needs to happen here? Everyone on earth coming together as one for this reason?

The last time I heard this, someone was staring at a cloud (for 20 minutes), deeply inhaling and listening to John Denver. If this is the only solution, then we'd better invest in guns. In fact, an ATS line of fire arms sounds pretty appealing. We'd call them "Zombie killers" if you insist.

Let's see, 1.6 billion Muslims, Russia, criminals, China, North Korea, (no not absolutely every last one, but enough to make the "dream" impossible), and just plain evil people. all waiting to rain on millions of acoustic guitars. and soak a lot of weed.

But, I shouldn't be such a downer. Enjoy the dream.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
But, I shouldn't be such a downer. Enjoy the dream.

You know, you're right in a lot of ways. I won't argue that. When you view it like that, it seems like some stupid far away dream that could never happen because people are just rotten to the core and maybe the fact is that they really do want War and Death and Pain and Suffering. Who knows??

What I find to be the real downer though is that even though it may look impossible and that it could never happen, in reality it's the most simple thing ever. It could happen right now, this very minute and could change EVERYTHING. All with just a simply choice. Choose not to engage in War with your fellow humans.

That's it. That is all it takes. Just that simple choice to literally DO NOTHING. How much easier could it be than that??? It actually takes infinitely more time and energy to do the opposite which is what our choice has been now for Eons. But it could all change right now, by just a simply choice to Stop.

Think about how sad it is that we are unable to make that choice with all the suffering and pain we've been witness to throughout history.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Enjoy the dream.

I will enjoy the dream actually. You're welcome to join us when you're ready too.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

-John Lennon

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

The NY Times article focuses more on the fact that Obama is abandoning his disarmament plans. Not so much about the spending. That's secondary. Our nuclear armament is kind of...well...not as good as it could be. We have nuclear missiles and ICBM's but they were built 50 or 60 years ago. There was a key component in our missiles that was so secretive that no one wrote down the plans for it. When it broke, no one knew how to fix it and the ones that might know had either retired or died.

It's an unfortunate pivot in policy but I don't see too much of a way around it in the near future.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Dear links234,

That's an excellent point, well done.

If we're spending bunches to keep what we have repaired and functional, is that an increase in military spending, or are we just performing normal maintenance? Is he abandoning his disarmament plans if he's building a sub to replace one that was used in the Civil War? (Just joking.)

I certainly don't want a nuclear missile that either fails to explode, or explodes too early because the switches are getting rusty. If we have a certain number of nukes determined to be necessary in this world, and he keeps them at the level, I'm not sure I'm too upset. He was never going to get rid of all nukes. We can't even inspect Iran, let alone Russia, China, India, or Pakistan.

But thanks again, you've raised some questions in my mind which I hadn't considered, thanks.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Don't worry, like you said, Obama is a peace prize winner. He only wants to make nukes so that, if he makes as many as possible, there won't be enough radioactive material for anyone else to make them, and then he'll never use his, and no one will ever have to worry about nuclear war ever again.

See? He really is a peace-loving guy after all. Now if only we can finish bombing the hell out of these Syrians so we can get back to this nuclear peace plan....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I was too harsh in thinking that Universal peace is a failed idea because, in the past, it has appealed primarily to people who have temporarily lost their grip on reality.

I now think the problem will be more along the lines of: "Let's have peace, as soon as I clear my enemy out of the land that is rightfully my peoples." "OK, as soon as everyone has converted to my religion." "Sure, but we have to punish those who have done such horrible things."

I believe that there is some deep need for retaliation in many peoples' hearts, that won't disappear easily.

new topics

top topics

join