It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Bad: The Hank Schrader Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I am personally in the process of creating an outline containing the evidence behind my theory. For now, I only leave my fellow ATS members with the theory itself, to see if anyone else has noticed any hints pointing towards Hank Schrader's "secret life".

Throughout the series, you see him snapping on multiple occasions for reasons not fully explained. Getting in violent bar brawls in shady parts of town on purpose, almost passing out in the elevator after being told he can't chase Heisenberg anymore, and many many more.

Why, even when being pushed to stop by his own friends, family, and superiors, does he continue to insist on chasing Heisenberg?

Why, whenever evidence surfaced to the police about the blue meth and Heisenberg disappearing, did Hank insist they were both still out there to find?

Why did a man who laughed at two dead gang bangers, stating, "it was hilarious, i've got pictures on my website." Back away out of disguist and fear from a head on a turtle? Only having it explode seconds later leaving only hank untouched?

After the exploding tortoise incident, he and Walt have a conversation in which Hank says something along the lines of "i went to get an evidence bag and ended up without a scratch on me. must be something wrong with that picture." followed with "everyone has secrets"

I believe, with a birds eye view taken on the whole series, that Agent Hank Schrader has a deep, unexplained connection to the drug cartel he claims to despise.
Somehow, either through blackmail, intimidation, or corruption, they've got him on their hook as a DEA insider to stop their only known competition in the methamphetamine market, known only to them as Heisenberg.

Whether you have evidence to support this, or squash it, let me know.

Maybe Better Call Saul will cover Hank's back story further.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Ziath
Very interesting theory and something I thought myself at one point in the series. Show and movie storyline conspiracies are more fun than actual ones ... there is no real consequence.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
It's just a TV show.

Buy the box set, maybe your theory is in the box set, buy the box set.

Buy the box set.
edit on 9/21/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The series ended correct? Would it be common for the writers and the creator of such a show to not divulge plot hints of this nature, or talk about them at least, after the show is finished? I could understand not saying anything while the show was going on perhaps, but afterwards? I watched some of the episodes, and thought it was a pretty good show, but I had never considered the theory you have addressed. Perhaps it was just the writers not catching their own character mistakes. I will admit that it does seem like a plausible theory that you have brought to us.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I don't believe the "it's all over" theory.

Not a word of it.

You can't write something like that and it "just end"

I personally believe, as they have created one of the best shows EVER on television (Globaly), they are just biding their time. Why hurry.

Now you have pointed it out, I totally see what you are saying.

A show that encorporates so much detail.....to leave that out or made a silly character mistake............Nah!

Not for one minute.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
To proob4, who's paying you? or is the box set just that good? hahaha

And to CaptainBeno, thank you. I've googled this for years and haven't found anything relating to this theory or a single soul supporting it. But I promise you the more you look through the cracks of Breaking Bad, the clearer the picture forms.

They put so much attention into so many details, I just hope it is explained someday.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
My take was that Schrader was constantly at odds with his
fear of mortality. Like a man with a fear of heights that
climbs a ladder each day to confront his fear--too stubborn
to allow it any control over him...but no matter how many
times he does this, the fear remains.
edit on 22-9-2014 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ziath
To proob4, who's paying you? or is the box set just that good? hahaha

And to CaptainBeno, thank you. I've googled this for years and haven't found anything relating to this theory or a single soul supporting it. But I promise you the more you look through the cracks of Breaking Bad, the clearer the picture forms.

They put so much attention into so many details, I just hope it is explained someday.
LOL i was just seeing if you was susceptible to subliminal messages? But yea Hank did seem to have some devious aspect to his personalty.
edit on 9/22/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What about when the two cartel hit men tried to kill him?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
They were sent by Gus Fring, not the cartel. Although they were originally sent to the US to kill Heisenberg.
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Very interesting theory.

When I look back at the series, it does seem like Hank has an unhealthy obsession with catching and stopping Heisenberg.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Yes, but weren't they the sons of the cartel boss? Surly they would have known not to mess with the inside man.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I don't agree with your theory or any of your "clues" or points... but I guess it's interesting all the same.

new topics

top topics

join